Sign in to follow this  
Jaori

Imagine This...

"If you build it, they will come." Well, would you?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend the events?

• Sounds interesting. I'd definitely attend when able.
    • Waste of your time!

Imagine a place called The Epic Colosseum.

This place would hold events, maybe once a month or so, and all players from all epic islands would be able to come.  The events would be fights between different kingdoms, same kingdoms, most popular people you'd love to see go at it, 1v1s, 2v2s, 1v1s + pets, pets only... etc.  No fighting in Colosseum grounds would be enforced (not sure how), but anything could happen.  There could be a market area, a pub, or even a brothel! ;)

Would you be willing to attend?  This could be something that could get us all playing together, and allow the communities to grow.  This might even need special support from the developers to make the events successful, or maybe not.

At this point everything is very very vague.  I'm just trying to see if there would be an interest from the community.

Please answer the poll and leave any comments you'd like.  Thanks!

J

Imagine a place called The Epic Colosseum.

This place would hold events, maybe once a month or so, and all players from all epic islands would be able to come.  The events would be fights between different kingdoms, same kingdoms, most popular people you'd love to see go at it, 1v1s, 2v2s, 1v1s + pets, pets only... etc.  No fighting in Colosseum grounds would be enforced (not sure how), but anything could happen.  There could be a market area, a pub, or even a brothel! ;)

Would you be willing to attend?  This could be something that could get us all playing together, and allow the communities to grow.  This might even need special support from the developers to make the events successful, or maybe not.

At this point everything is very very vague.  I'm just trying to see if there would be an interest from the community.

Please answer the poll and leave any comments you'd like.  Thanks!

J

I'd say its a nice idea, problem is it being on Epic, its highly susceptible to "Griefers", and since its open for all kingdoms, no Guards to enforce KOS and such, so, i'd recommend you getting a player guard to keep it grief free.

Itd have to be on elevation due to the CR nerf and homeserverbullshit.wmv

You are talking of something similar to an event server. I talked with Rolf about event servers 2 years ago and he mentioned that there will be an event server one day but he didn't give me any ETA so yeah soon

• Like 1

Yeah, you would have to build it on elevation due to home server fun.

I think it could work, would rely on the community not backstabbing each other though.

It would have to a separate tiny server, accessible via a small portal, with pvp deactivated except within the fighting ring.  It would be kind of neat i think, maybe a festival atmosphere with merchants even. 

Not a bad idea per se, i'd be willing to go up against a scared large rat. Should i feel exceptionally super maybe even a rat of the non-scared type.

However there is one fundamental problem with such an idea; The combat in wurm is (still) one of the worst i have ever seen in any game. And watching two motionless characters stand infront of each other for a couple of minutes sounds like a real snoozefest to me. Yeah, yeah, there are now some animations now and then, but still, wurms fighting "mechanics" can be summed up with *YAWN*.

Playing to pvp would not even be in the top 100 reasons to play wurm for me. Surface mining is more fun.

Gv has spare land.. tutorial has tping..observation points might even encourage new pvpers.

Gv has spare land.. tutorial has tping..observation points might even encourage new pvpers.

GV has built in ql and skill restrictions, also its supposed to be a no-return server. And since there's still some people playing there, it might be hard to change those settings to allow for a PVP tournament.

Although it could be massive if done well, but it would imply kicking people out.

Edited by ReaverKane

Great ideas and definitely excellent callouts. I have a few ideas on how to keep it as safe as possible, but hey, this is why it's epic. Anything could happen!

Agree on having to build I in Ele due to CR nerf. I believe with the proper leadership from all sides, this could happen.

What I'd like to see is more participation on the poll, so if you've replied and haven't voted, please do so. This will never be even considered if it doesn't have the right numbers supporting it. Link this post in your chats and get others to reply and vote.

Thank you all and keep it coming!

Edited by Jaori

Well i guess that if all kingdoms agree its a bit like switzerland and that anyone breaking the truce in it will be punished, you might do well.

If the kingdoms can band together? why not? It will promote the game, shows that pvpers are not senseless trolls (except a few), and the pvp part of it. I don't play on epic but I would love to watch video of this :) .

Rosedragon ... thing is you dont even have to be an epic player! If organized well enough, we could easily arrange transport for freedom players that decide to hop over for the prescheduled event!

Rosedragon ... thing is you dont even have to be an epic player! If organized well enough, we could easily arrange transport for freedom players that decide to hop over for the prescheduled event!

Ohhh, that would be awesome! :)

Just bash the old buildings inside old TK base and make it there. Somewhere closer to the center of map would be nice, but it's hota area in there...