Sign in to follow this  
Lei

Clothing And Robes

So, with the new look of merchants and traders, I've developed a problem:

Everytime I go to buy something, the entire time I envy their robes!

Now I agree Wurm does have many different armors, but this would be different.

• Would not be armor
  • Would be purely for looks(Similar to how players wear cloth armor now)
  • Not worn for protection
  • Allows fast movement speed
  • Nice with the addition of the new sorcery ability!(sorcery robes/mage's robes)

Clothing and robes would not be considered armor. It would provide little protection in 

combat, if any at all. There could be many different models, and each model would be

dyable.

Armor should not be dyable as many of the materials are undyable in the real

world(chainmail, plate armor, and dragonhide dying would defeat the purpose of the

colored dragons.)

Clothing could allow some of the more casual players(players not entirely interested in combat)

more freedom to express themselves in their wealth and interests. There could even be clothing

that is trade-specific!

This has been brought up many times before, but I'm curious what Wurmians think about the way

I've proposed it.

• Like 2

Cloth armour does actually provide a modicum of defense, so if these were different skins for cloth armour that'd work for me

I believe developers are working on placing pheasant statuettes on top of helms first.

• Like 3

Everytime I go to buy something, the entire time I envy their robes!

Oh gawd yes, I want those robes so badly.

A big +1 to the traders robes and a regular +1 to new clothing options.

• Like 1

I would just be happy with them allowing me to dye cloth armour if nothing else, but I think this is an excellent idea and support it whole heartedly.

• Like 2

It would be better if there was plain set of dyeable cloth armor and a separate set of patterned cloth armor.

Big +1

I think that this should be developed as soon as possible. The same with the Bridges. Those are the most expected things.

I've been wanting mag priest robes. +1

Edited by Sir Arowhun

I dunno how trading clothes would go to be honest.... REGARDLESS +1 cos id love to see some more creativity and color in wurm

I believe developers are working on placing pheasant statuettes on top of helms first.

Silly hats are in much higher demand dye-able armors!

Still wondering why my shield and Great helm are black when dropped on the ground, but not when worn....

It would be nice if there was a clothing system similar to the old Ultima Online system where you could create different types of clothing and dye everything different shades.

Also I noticed that it is possible to dye leather armor however nothing really shows up. It would be nice if we could dye leather armor various shades of color.

Are capes even in yet? Does jewelry show up on the character? More character customization and different things to wear would be really great.

Edited by Senusret

capes I think are not in, only tabards, jewelry doesnt show up either.   Not only dyed armour doesnt show its colour, but most metals dont show their colour either, in the case of chainmail/barding.   Not even the limited cloth armour shows the dyed colour.