Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

Poll #1: Impalong Location

What server should the impalong be hosted on this year?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. What server should the impalong be hosted on this year?

• Indy
    • Deliverance
    • Exodus
    • Celebration

Their are already threads popping up and arguments taking place over the impalong this year and several people in them have said, put it to vote. Some people want it on a different server, some people want it at certain deeds or have deeds in mind.

This is poll #1 of 2. 

Poll #1 will determine the server of the impalong. The poll will run for 1 week, feel free to post your vote and opinions.

Following poll #1 another thread will be made for people to post deeds locations, ideas for the impalong and host information, everything relative, onto that thread. Entries will be open again for 1 week. At the end off that week, thread will be closed and poll #2 will be posted. Poll #2 will be were all complete entries will be able to be voted on so that location may be picked.

**Only deeds that will be added to Poll #2 are those that are entered into the next thread one week from today once server has been decided**

Instead of arguing about it, lets get this to a vote and get it all done and over with. I might not play much anymore but I will make time to attend the impalong as it is a traditional thing I have always attended.

--------------------

Using Auction ends timer to countdown the 1 week deadline:

auction_timer_1379706206.gif

--------------------

My vote: Indy

Why?: Tradition, I only visit Indy once a year and its during the impalong at which point I enjoy buying a horse and traveling around the old map looking at the history of wurm.

Edited by Ruger

I think deliverance is best and is what i voted even thought i never go. If you think about it independence is more or less 2 servers length so deliverance is in the center really plus you have the chaos people that might come over too. 

• Like 3

Voted for Indy, for similar reasons like yours. Also, in case Indy wins, I'd like you to add in #2 poll Guild of Artificers deed, place where last Summer Fayre was hosted. :)

I voted for Exo based on the facilities offered  and location.

• Like 2

In one week whenever the server is decided I will post up the next thread. In that thread is where people can formally make their entries for the deed they would like it to be hosted at on the winning server. To be fair, only entries placed within that thread will be voted upon. Keeping everything central as possible.

I voted Deliverance. The location which is already ready for an impalong is smack in the middle of all the servers. Best opportunity to attract most of the Wurm community to one event.

• Like 1

I am undecided between indy and deli.. south indy is as easy as deli for access and indy got a lot more pop than the other servers to be considered.. I would pick deliverance but then I'm not even sure who going to do it on deli.. and bp's place is far south east which is not so strategic..

• Like 1

I voted deli due to logistical reason's, but It is almost be better to know who is where and each server bfore aking the choice. I would hate for the deli deed to be land locked, or have on on the south coast of exo that gets vetod ect.

Please vote for Deliverance. It is a centrally located server. I know that the deed location is on the southeast corner of the map of Deliverance Around 37x44y. There is ease of access. The platform at which impalong was built here at this location a completely constructed landmass specifically for impalong..I dont think the land is actually on the map. It is between Hussars and Pendelton. Maybe Seara, the map controller can take care of that...:P

Edited by Tarnhold

Please vote for deliverance. It is a centrally located server.

The deed on exo is in the NE so it's not really much difference :P

Vote! Vote! Vote!

And get your people to vote!

Tell all the people to vote!

Wurm wants you to meet at the polls and VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Well the deed that has mentioned on Deliverance is real close to the Factional Fight deed and would be a good place for it to get filmed for the ones that don't attend. I was real happy that last years was filmed by them or i would never have seen any of it. 

• Like 3

Deliverance, because Battlepants put his heart and soul for it :)

His whole island deed is dedicated for this one event.

Voted for Exo Chulirac is well set up for hosting impalong and is a very trustworthy player :)

• Like 1

What about the option to have one on each server? Why cant each server  start its own tradition and host their own impalongs? Have something unique to themselves.

Edit-- Imaplongs were started as a way of getting together and mainly helping newer players out. By having them on one server it now makes it hard for the new players to get to it that are not on the server hosting. We can say that people will volunteer to sail new people across to all the servers but unless transportation is running full time 24/7 new people are going to be excluded. Having one on each server will ensure people are more likely to be able to attend and it promotes more local pride and camaraderie.

Edited by Evilvision
  • Like 3

I voted Exo, Chuli is set up for it with very little that needs to be done to it. And the servers have been doing their own mini impalongs.

The point in having one server host a big one is because doing them separate divides the community rather than bringing it together. Where ever it is decided that it should be held, I will make an effort to be there. I loved going to Willow's impalongs and seeing the community come together.

• Like 3

i guess i can atleast say for some people it will get easier to get to deliverance once mags scar is finished ;) I'm not sure if i would participate outside of indie, because the festival cove was just around the corner for a lazy ass as me ;) but i dont think it makes much of a difference if indie or deliverance (not voting for the other servers since they are even further away, atleast for me)

I would prefer indie, but deliverance if properly hosted and not surrounded by thousands of mobs and so on would be nice too XD since we cant take a horse with us over server borders it should be near water :o

Voted Independence because I get lost a lot and not sure I'd have the time to get lost a thousand times while travelling to another server during the RL-Christmas celebration. I don't know, perhaps it'd be better for the rest of the population if it was actually hosted at Deliverance because of how the servers are situated in relation to each other? I probably wouldn't be able to attend myself though if that was the case so voting from a self-centered perspective here.

Pics of a proposed Exodus location.

A few photos:

wurm.20130912.1457_1.jpg

wurm.20130912.1500.jpg

wurm.20130912.1455.jpg

wurm.20130912.1455_1.jpg

Location in NE Exodus (also showing the boat bridge deed - Exodus Landing)

FoE%20Market.JPG

Edited by Chulirac
  • Like 1

I am not voting on the map itself, simply because my choice will ultimately boil down to who I feel would best be suited/capable of running the show.

What map do I think is best? Indy. South coast Indy, specifically. So much talk of how other servers would be more "central", but the fact is, I can sail from Cele to Indy in less time than it takes to sail from the NE of Indy to the SW. Those other servers are a quarter of the size Indy; there's definitely a difference.

Again though, my decision is ultimately going to fall on the person running it, and not where it's located. So far, of the few candidates that have showed interest in nomination here on the forums, my current pick would be with Battlepants on the Deli server. BP has been around forever and is pretty well known in the community. BP also had a hand in helping Willow prepare AND run previous Impalongs before, and has plenty of experience.

• Like 1

I would like to see it on Exodus.  In particular, Chulirac's place. He  has done a huge amount of work on his deed to be able to host an event like this and I think it is nice to give others a chance to host such an event also. Very close to boat bridge to deli and easy to get too :)

• Like 3

I would love to see it on Exodus, I love that server and the people in it. However more realistically speaking there is more people in the northern two servers then the southern ones, so a (Southern) Deliverance Impalong would be more viable in my opinion.

Also has nothing to do with the fact I happen to live on Independence...