What say you men, Chariots?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What say you men, Chariots?

• yay
    • nay
  2. 2. Do you like my pic?

• yay
    • nay
  3. 3. Should we ask Wox to do a mock up?

• yay
    • nay

What difference would it be from the large cart? Why implement it other than looks?

Single axle chariots of the type depicted were deployed for pure speed, and with a crew of two (typically driver and fighter) were formidable war machines.

At least in open terrain, steep hills and mountains removed the advantages.

EDIT: It was not uncommon for them to be used for transportation outside of direct fighting. Whether it was moving about a battle or a country road.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Massive +1 since JK whined and essencially were the reasons we lost the last ones :'(

Edited by Redd

What difference would it be from the large cart? Why implement it other than looks?

Faster than large cart and very little storage space.

Edited by Dextrome
  • Like 1

Would be a big change to PvP if not implemented right...

I like the idea of faster carts with no or little storage.

• Like 1

I'd say 2 geared horses on the chariot should equal pace of a ridden horse of same traits/gear, sacrificing a little manouverability, standard CR penalty for driver, but passenger has the ability to shoot while on the move

• Like 2

Perhaps speed penalties on different terrain, steppe, tundra and desert faster, slower in the woods and mountains.

Nice, I like this I might be able to make this :D

Oh sorry everyone 3D modeler/texture&art artist here. xD

It would be nice if everyone could use it for transport, then again server might have some problems with that, but generally good idea :D

I like that 1 person voted no to having chariots, but yes to having Wox make a model of it anyway :D

I have no problem with chariots, and the various pros and cons people have already mentioned. I would suggest that they should not be usable as hand-drawn carts (i.e. can't be dragged by people)

• Like 1

+1 if it is harder to make and the ql matter for the speed. 2x the steel required for steel mine doors and a oak felled tree for the frame. imping tools could be for wood and put the hammer and steel lump into the mix.

when using the chariot it takes 3x the dmg on the cart and all horse gear on the horses share the same dmg but the cart allows you to go .1 faster after 49ql and for every 10ql goes .1 faster so a 99 ql chariot would go 1.5x the speed of the traits and gear of the horse.

example: my horse with 5 speed traits and supreme/rare steel horsegear 90ql with a 90 ql rare leather barding equipped goes 40km/h

say i have 2 of these horses attached to the cart that is 90ql the cart would go 56km/h

+1 if it is harder to make and the ql matter for the speed. 2x the steel required for steel mine doors and a oak felled tree for the frame. imping tools could be for wood and put the hammer and steel lump into the mix.

when using the chariot it takes 3x the dmg on the cart and all horse gear on the horses share the same dmg but the cart allows you to go .1 faster after 49ql and for every 10ql goes .1 faster so a 99 ql chariot would go 1.5x the speed of the traits and gear of the horse.

example: my horse with 5 speed traits and supreme/rare steel horsegear 90ql with a 90 ql rare leather barding equipped goes 40km/h

say i have 2 of these horses attached to the cart that is 90ql the cart would go 56km/h

2 horses sprinting while strapped together should never be able to go faster than either of the horses on their own.... How does that make sense?

All the chariot needs to so is lower the amount it slows the horses down from being more agile as lighter than a large Cart. Allowing close to the Max speed of the slower horse is fine by me though

• Like 1

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and more Siege weapon

I would suggest that they should not be usable as hand-drawn carts (i.e. can't be dragged by people)

There goes my plan of having two 5 trait noobs pulling me into battle :/

I have some ideas how to make chariots. I live in the area that was once full of Romans, you may have heard of Viminacuim, that was one of the centers of the roman civilization in those times on the Balkan. Here is a picture of replica chariot used back then. I can make this to be iron or wood, but this would be main concept for me. Tell me what you think, I will look in to this more since I have seen this chariots my self I have a good idea how to make them...

Rimske_kocije.jpg

P.S. And here on the map you can see where Viminacium was, http://www.vreme.com/g/maprimsrb.jpg

Its a nice idea, but i think it had run out of use by the 1400's (which is around Wurm's time frame). Could be a interesting feature for PvP if the combat was improved.

Anyhow, might be a good one to save for such a time as combat is revamped.

I like that 1 person voted no to having chariots, but yes to having Wox make a model of it anyway :D

I have no problem with chariots, and the various pros and cons people have already mentioned. I would suggest that they should not be usable as hand-drawn carts (i.e. can't be dragged by people)

4431a7a8f38bd6c2b39137dbb8a030d1626e2007