Sign in to follow this  
Ohgie

Event Text Change To Help Newer Players Get Feedback

It would be nice to have the Event text change color for successes and for failures when players are building. The game code already needs to sort failure text and success text, it seems it would be a quick easy fix to add in a color change for that text so that successes stick out in maybe Ohgie creates mortar and failure might be You almost made it, but the mortar is useless. If you are concerned about color blind people, you might use green for success and blue for failure. 

This addition to the player feedback would help newer players get more of a feeling of how their crafting is going. Compared to introducing sounds and animations that highlight the success/failure, changing text in the Event window seems a quick easy and efficient way to bolster efforts to give players feedback. 

Edited by Ohgie
  • Like 1

I don't really see the need? The text is quite obvious on itself... I really really don't want a rainbow event log cause I'm imping something. Which in the long run would be distracting on the eyes seeing 2different colours flashing up in the corner.

Edited by Headhunter

This would also detract from the current orange for important messages, as there'd be heaps of colours in event and it wouldn't really stand out.