Sign in to follow this  
erozaxx

Settlement At Mouth Of Red Tunnel (North)

Hi all Wurmians, special hail to Deliverance setlters,

I returned after 2 years to Wurm and had to move on, as my old living is in ruins, plagued with wildlife and I would not be able to survive for long there. I met two great and helpful wurmians on my journey to retrieve my stuff (as I died a minute after 1st log in). They helped me a lot, what proved what I always loved 'bout Wurm - the great and helpful community. 

Anyway I started to move on, not sure yet if I stay on Deli or move to Celeb, as there is one of my old friends. On my way I had to stop for re-arming myself (armor, weapon, some tools, meals and such) to start searching for a final place for me. When night (in RL) started to turn to morning I realized, there is a job waiting in the dull outer real world for me, so I had to stop and make some "parking" preparations, so my 2 horses won't run away and such.

Getting to the point (yeah I am a wall-of-text-loving-nerd) - I made a temporary fence and lock on one chest right at the northern mouth of the red tunnel (28x22y). I like (and need) the guard tower protection. The place was deteriorated (stone low walls having dmg 90+) so I repaired a bit, filled the holes with crude wooden fence and started to work on my equipment. If anyone planned something on that place, or if anyone is currently living there (and was not just reparing the fences :) ) let me know and accept my appologizes. I will take away the locks and will move on if the place is belonging to someone.

Send me a PM or answer this thread if I stepped into your plans.

Anyway I will move on from that point in some 2 weeks (RL) as I play only evenings and I pass weekends.

And at last ... I am glad I am back :)

--- erozaxx ---

Welcome back to Wurm!

As I understood, you are just giving some good use for decaying items. Dont think anyone has a problem with that.

If some walls have +50damage, they are most certainly left to die.

And just to make sure, just ask locals to make sure if it's okay to settle down there [not necessary on undeeded land]

they might know more about the history of those abandoned items.

Think is none was online whole last night, thats why I posted here to be sure. Time zones can vary (I am GMT+1) and I really play just evenings/nights.

I will not block any passageways or something for sure. Even the pen I created is next to and the same size as the floor of obviously decayed house (just floor, owen and forge left).

There is though another a bit bigger place right opposite this one which looks abandoned too and would be nice to live there for some time, but before I start any activities there, I will defly wait for someone from surrounding to tell me the story :)

And thank you for the welcome :)

Glad to see that you are safe and got your stuff back.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the place that you have chosen as temporary home, but I think Silakka is right - if fences or buildings have 90 damage, this place is surely abandoned.

Welcome back!

your very close to my settlement and i can assure you that nobody is living there right now. That area was for the workers that made the red tunnel a long time ago.

Thanks a lot folks for the info.

I actually like the place quite a bit :) Gonna stay there for some more time. There are ppl passing by once a while, so a good place to socialize ;) And hunting grounds not far. Anyone passing by is welcome for a chat, meal and a jar of wine (well actually just grape juice now :) maple sirup will be with next harvest :)

Cheers, all.

Hey Erozaxx,

Welcome back to WURM and may you have a lot of fun in this new adventure of yours. :)

Cheers,

Alexandra

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for hearty welcome. I've already moved away from the Red Tunnel mouth, but there was an another newbie taking my place, I've helped him a bit with starting and hope he is doing well :) I live now a bit north east from Rainbow Bridge (right under the Gallifrey). Moonlight is the name and the invitation for a jar of wine to anyone friendly is still valid ;)

Cheers.