Sign in to follow this  
Holar

Lets Make Creating Arrows Easier!

Next would be a request to enchant quivers of arrows.

How is this even relevant?  The OP requests just simply making arrow making like.... many other creation tasks?  Like using a combined string of cloth on shafts for yoyos, or combined clay on sand for mortar, or etc...

Skill unlocks at certain levels.

And/or make it akin to armor smiths getting bonuses for having the title displayed.

How is this even relevant?  The OP requests just simply making arrow making like.... many other creation tasks?  Like using a combined string of cloth on shafts for yoyos, or combined clay on sand for mortar, or etc...

Arrows are like other weapons that you make a head/blade and attach it to a handle of some type. 

If you can make arrows in batches, then next will be complaints about how we have to individually enchant arrows.

Then enter the handheld throwing weapons.  "You can make arrows easy, why can't I make *insert thrown weapon type here* just as easy??"

Then enter other weapons.  "They can make carving knives and hatchets in batches, why can't I make 2 handed swords in batches??"

THEN enter other tools.  "They can make hatchest in batches and use them for woodcutting, why can't I make *insert any tool name here*??"

It's just neverending.  My vote is no, stop it before it gets started.  But that's just my one vote.

thats just a dumb reasoning, I guess you never made arrows. You don't NEED sword in batches of 41, you do NEED arrows plenty. You lose them so fast in PvP that you have to keep replacing them, unlike weaponry or sword. For imping them you can actually que a stack, but for creating you need to activate one head, click on shaft, ectivate next head, click next shaft.. etc etc. That's not "hard" - that's annoying and stupid.

I hope the new crafting interface will help with this and many more rsi inducing, tedious creation processes. Until then, +1.

• Like 1

If you can make arrows in batches, then next will be complaints about how we have to individually enchant arrows.

Then enter the handheld throwing weapons.  "You can make arrows easy, why can't I make *insert thrown weapon type here* just as easy??"

Really? You can't see the playerbase asking for this next?

Arrows are like other weapons that you make a head/blade and attach it to a handle of some type. 

Then enter other weapons.  "They can make carving knives and hatchets in batches, why can't I make 2 handed swords in batches??"

THEN enter other tools.  "They can make hatchest in batches and use them for woodcutting, why can't I make *insert any tool name here*??"

It's just neverending.  My vote is no, stop it before it gets started.  But that's just my one vote.

Well you missed the part where you needs to do make like 300000 arrows for every sword you made. Besides that, all people is asking for here is the possibility of combining arrow heads to cut a bit the right clicking feast, is not like if this happens you will be able to auto create 100 90+ ql arrows with a click, no matter if you cut some of the clicking at creation time you still need to imp every arrow.

Really? You can't see the playerbase asking for this next?

Sure. I can also see people asking for goats, spinning wheels, new servers, aquariums, pizza, and all sorts of things. That doesn't mean a suggestion should be rejected just because of what a completely different suggestion might be.

Actually, can;t you use a satchel full of arrow heads in a toolbelt. Keybind slot and create. Should be faster? unless they don;t fit in a container?  Seems about the same work as attaching 400 pegs to a boat.   I do understand how you keep losing the arrows, but you use the peg too upon attaching.Same amount of tedium after making the shaft then making the peg, then attaching the peg. 

No one force you to use arrows.

Actually, yes, PvP forces you to make arrows-otherwise you are at a huge disadvantage. 

Here is a wogical conclusion that would appease a few nay sayers in this thread:

combining arrow arrowheads/shafts: no.  there is no logical way of doing this that makes sense in the real world.  nor any existing instance of it in Wurm.

Making arrow shafts in bulk with 1 action: no. there is no logical way of doing this that makes sense in the real world.  nor any existing instance of it in Wurm.

making an iron Arrow Head with a clay mold: Yes.  This makes sense and the mechanics exist for keys.  (multple arrow heads, 1 use mold) (For war arrows)

Making a lead arrow head with an iron mold: Yes.  This makes sense and mechanics exist for making food in an iron frying pan. (multiple arrow heads, multiple uses) (For hunting arrows)

I can neither agree or disagree with this suggestion.

Instead I suggest to have half the arrow shafts' ql determine the ql of the final product.

Say a 60ql shaft and arrow head is used the arrow would come out to 30ql.

That way there is less time spent imping the arrows. 

You've taken a huge leap here. I'm not saying this gaming community isn't full blown retarded, but you've assumed that since there is a need for large amounts of arrows, that there is also a need for large amounts of weapons and tools that is just never going to equal the quantity one has for arrows. It's an exaggeration on your part that has no connection to the original suggestion. By this logic, one could actually reverse any game mechanic that has been tweaked to ease the pain associated with making any bulk item.

What it boils down to is people are looking for a way to break up the monotony of making hundreds, if not thousands, of items and cutting down on all the redundant clicking. Keeping things seated in reality here by using some common sense would go a long way to making this idea possible. Of course we can assume people are going to take this to an extreme, but that doesn't mean we can't entertain the common sense aspects of the idea. That's what this discussion is all about. I agree with your assessment that others will want to make hundreds of swords, tools, etc., but we can all come together and decide what is a bulk item and what isn't. What I don't agree with, is that since people are going to get stupid about an idea means that we should do nothing at all.

-1000 I'm a Fletcher.. don't ruin it by doing this..THIS GAME is not suppose to be easy.. there are other games where you can make "64" arrows in one click.. go play that if you want easy fletching.

Have make 3k, arrows this month.. working on another 1500..

Edited by Akiyama

can you read?

this isnt about making multiple arrows in one go, its about making it to where you can queue up attaching the head to the shaft, the most time consuming part is still going to be imping them to decent ql, it just makes it to where you dont have to activate head, right click shaft->create as much

Nor does it make the game easier or harder, it doesnt even make it less time consuming, All it does, is make you click less making a BULK ITEM

Edited by Gone420
  • Like 1

can you read?

this isnt about making multiple arrows in one go, its about making it to where you can queue up attaching the head to the shaft, the most time consuming part is still going to be imping them to decent ql, it just makes it to where you dont have to activate head, right click shaft->create as much

Nor does it make the game easier or harder, it doesnt even make it less time consuming, All it does, is make you click less making a BULK ITEM

if that is the suggestion... than why limit it to just arrows?

as you stated, this suggestion is a creation mechanic of taking 1 stack of items and combining it with another stack of items.

you could end up doing this with 10 sword blades and 10 handles.

10 (blades of any kind) with 10 handles.

10 uncombined sand with 10 uncombined clay to make mortar... etc

as you stated, this suggestion is a creation mechanic of taking 1 stack of items and combining it with another stack of items.

Lol that's not the suggestion. Please no. Read the OP.

If arrows are easier to make the casts on them should be nerfed waaay down. Archery is already over powered, should have to work if you want to use it.

You have mind logic for a reason, might want to level it.

Edited by Ronnie

You have mind logic for a reason, might want to level it.

Both the existing method and this suggestion use the same amount of mind logic, just different amount of clicky  <_<

• Like 1

thats not even whats suggested...

Swords arnt a bulk item and you can already do the suggestion with clay/sand for mortar

This will ruin Fetching.. if your that worried about making arrows.. Contact me.. i take bulk orders..still -1.000

An arrow is a blade only on a smaller scale.. you gain weapon smiting every 10 or 11 ticks..

Maybe this is a shoking discovery for you, but you can actually combine clay, or if you want the other way around, you can also combine sand. go figure!

I don't think anybody has read anything beyond the title in this thread. Might want to remove "easy" from it since it seems to trigger people

Edited by san_tropez
  • Like 2

Holy hell.. i just understood what this chap meant.. Combine the bulk good to make it more manageable per se? so combine 100 arrow heads and 100 shafts? or something 

Holy hell.. i just understood what this chap meant.. Combine the bulk good to make it more manageable per se? so combine 100 arrow heads and 100 shafts? or something 

Only the heads, so you activate the combined arrow heads and right click in a shaft pile and choose create arrow and the game queue the number of actions you can do, much like wen you combine clay and use it in a pile of x number of sand heaps to queue x number of mortar creation.

It only cuts a bit the clicking, and you still have to imp the arrows.