Sign in to follow this  
Benja

Dual Boxing ? Is It Allowed

I just startet playing a little while ago but would like to know what the game rules are about Dual boxing, multi accounts

is it allowed to have 2-? accounts running on the same computer or even multiple computers at the same time or how are the rules defined regarding this.

Would like if a GM would clear this up for me. before i start using multiple accounts.

You can have 5 characters per email account.  All can be online if you want.  If you want them premium you have to buy it for each character individually, there is no account wide premium.

many double log with their priests, main accounts, batteries and dig/mining helpers.

some do play even on 4 accounts at the same time

There's no restriction on using multiple accounts at the same time, as long as they are in the same kingdom.  (Generally run 5 at a time myself)

thx seara and everyone else, just could not finde any rule to confirm what the CA's said.

Some of the above answers seem to suggest a maximum of 5 (i know they didn't mean it, i just comes across that way ;) ), I wanted to clarify that there is no limit.

Well dual boxing and multiple accounts are 2 different things.

Playing different accounts and managing each separately doing pray actions on each account separately.

Dual/Multi boxing is pressing the spacebar once and doing a pray action on 3 different accounts, I don't think that's allowed... is it?

Well dual boxing and multiple accounts are 2 different things.

Playing different accounts and managing each separately doing pray actions on each account separately.

Dual/Multi boxing is pressing the spacebar once and doing a pray action on 3 different accounts, I don't think that's allowed... is it?

Aye, i'd probably say thats macroing. *shrugs*

• Like 2

Aye, i'd probably say thats macroing. *shrugs*

Probably is, but is a practice a lot of pay2play games allow while they ban boting, so it will be nice to have it made clear.

Multiboxed a couple of times on wow, wen i had a relatively better pc, and was expressively allowed.

Imho I doubt Multiboxing is something covered in a clear way in wurm rules, but if you really intend to multibox you should get a clearly expressed statement from an official source, better be worry than sorry.

The generic "multi-boxing = using more than one computer at one time" is of course allowed.

Using any software to send commands to multiple clients with one key press is not allowed.  Each client should be controlled separately.

• Like 1

i normally dual box with up to 8 accounts, and as far as the written rules there is no place where it says a maximum amount you can run with. only thing is you can't use bots or macros that are repeating, and you can only use 1 char in combat

A / Macroing is the use of a program that automatically repeats actions for you, this is a game unbalancing activity and as such is not permitted. Accounts using macros are dealt with very harshly.

-Use of the 'G' keys on a G series keyboard, mouse, or other similar product is permitted to send multiple actions all at once in order to fill your in game ACTION QUEUE. You may NOT use any sort of repeat function.

Edited by urban

Aye thats what i meant, i assumed pressing one key and it works on all clients would be macroing. Again, im not staff so dont take my word for it :P

Aye thats what i meant, i assumed pressing one key and it works on all clients would be macroing. Again, im not staff so dont take my word for it :P

Which is not allowed reading Searas post.

• Like 1

Some of the above answers seem to suggest a maximum of 5 (i know they didn't mean it, i just comes across that way ;) ), I wanted to clarify that there is no limit.

Let's clarify a bit more.  You can have only 5 accounts per email address, but you can use all the email addresses you want, so you can have more than 5 accounts.

where does it say u can only use 1 char in combat? i know lots of boat fights where atleast one person had his alt with him.

where does it say u can only use 1 char in combat? i know lots of boat fights where atleast one person had his alt with him.

Nowhere, that's horsefeathers.

Should clarify; You may run different kingdom accounts, aslong as they are on different servers. for example, you may run a HotS account on chaos, and run a freedom isles account on exodus, at the very same time. You will be prevented with a coded mechanic from logging in two different kingdoms on a PvP server, so that should be clear enough to that it is not allowed.

There's virtually no restrictions on running multiple chars at once, regardless of god or kingdom. You are really only limited by your system and physical abilities.

Additionally you can pretty much do as you wish with these chars. As long as its not to work around ingame rules and restrictions.

For the most part Rolf seems to prefer hard-coded limits to enforce rules; though, GM enforcement will be used to cover holes until they are patched. One general example is skill gain from killing/attacking other players: from premium with a certain minimum skill, and in some situations, there's a time limit.

Course such a char's death would pop in death tabs, so then everyone would know. Such means while technically legal are frowned upon by a few players.

Overall if you are unsure over something, ask a GM.

Even if the GM doesn't know, they are able to query those who do.

• Like 1