Sign in to follow this  
Vanya

Illness, Plagues, Diseases

So... this is it.

I was thinking about this game lacks of real difficulties. If you ever get diseased, you dont notice it too much, except by the Event tab. You dont lose health, nor your skills are affected in any sensible way. And most important: you cannot be infected by having contact with a diseased person, and no animals would become infected too if they have contact with some diseased person.

My suggestion is to implement at least 2 or 3 kinds of diseases, and make them spreadeable. And from that 3 diseases, make at least one of them dangerous, making it draining health over time (and, why not? based on the travelled distance. More distance, more damage).

This could make the herbs and the meds a more desireable stuff, and, of course, I know this could lead to a pandemia, but it would also make it more reallistic and interesting.

In the end, it would also make a spot for Fo´s priests and their uses.

your skillgain is affected by diseased status.. while there is only one kind of disease, there are many weapon / valrei mobs attack types that can be say a disease of theirs own. Things like venom, rotten touch, internal, and poison.

Edited by rosedragon

I would love this. I could spread the hiv all over the game in no time.

Seriously though, maybe the spread of disease could be directly related to the amount of unburied dead critters and butchered critters on the server. Of course, only on PvP servers. No need to bother the freedom servers with having to actually police up after themselves on those wide open slaughter house deeds.

I would love this. I could spread the hiv all over the game in no time.

Seriously though, maybe the spread of disease could be directly related to the amount of unburied dead critters and butchered critters on the server. Of course, only on PvP servers. No need to bother the freedom servers with having to actually police up after themselves on those wide open slaughter house deeds.

But we HotS bath in corpses! :(

your skillgain is affected by diseased status.. while there is only one kind of disease, there are many weapon / valrei mobs attack types that can be say a disease of theirs own. Things like venom, rotten touch, internal, and poison.

But that kind of "infections" are only through magical ways, or epic scenario´s mobs. You would never face in Freedom, or just in a random island in Epic, the threat of a plague, or just get urself diseased and be in danger.

The actual diseases affect you in a so little way that most players would not notice it most of the time, and their lifes would not change even a bit if they ever become diseased.

But we HotS bath in corpses! :(

Nah, you guys roll in dead grass like pigs in slop. Besides, who's to say a necro can't get the snivels?