Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Maps2

asking, is the map able to drop if the person dead in pvp an able been take by the enemy kingdoom?

someone or kingdoom maybe want to have the map burn if the person dead so the enemy kingdom would not able to take they map in pvp? (the map maybe need enchanted to burn if the person carrying it death in pvp server)

Edited by sundaimond

is there a possibility to make it so we can also use the map dump?

Valid question, they are already public knowledge and your not making this map thing a skill so makes no difference. 

Valid question, they are already public knowledge and your not making this map thing a skill so makes no difference. 

What does using the old map dumps rather then this have to with a skill? 

What does using the old map dumps rather then this have to with a skill? 

People have suggested that the map is like a rough view of the servers and as you skill up you can make better and better maps. 

I never even thought of that, might be a good feature to add, at the moment you can work around it by creating an annotation of a different type in the same place but copying it would be easier, if you know you want to keep it with you.

Ok, sounds like it could get implemented at some point then :)

Where are the personal notations stored, on the server or on local disk? If on local disk you could copy them between characters more easily I guess. I have 3 characters I play regularly, would be kind of nice to be able to share personal notations between them.

Sorry I add to you headache here hehe

Thinking more about it, storing them locally could be handy for sharing with the rest of the community as well. If someone was a trusted source of map notations this person could share his work with others by making his notation file available for download.

Edited by Torgrim

Hmm... I have no idea if the old freedom servers are mapped correctly, however I'm pretty sure Release is South of Pristine, not the other way around. The Freedom map currently on test has them in the wrong positions.

s1MjzMk.jpg

You are correct, maps are Work in progress. Just slapped em in there to see if the "rip" design in the map worked. 

Yes the rip looks great between the two clusters, but perhaps just a bit less highlighting on the actual tear lines. ;)

Edited by Xallo

That map is slightly incorrect, from Chaos east border you always travel to Deliverance, none of the others.

• Like 1

Ye, could need some arrows on those dotted lines.

Some of those, especially the chaos map seems pretty inaccurate at some parts... 

Some of those, especially the chaos map seems pretty inaccurate at some parts... 

Seem pretty accurate to me, there's just a thick sandy coloured outline around the coast which partially obscures a large amount of Chaos' very wiggly coastline.

Never noticed it this clearly, but it's obvious, the isles are square (cause the maps are square)

Yeah but Rolf wants them to be round. So the land you can see is round and because it is easier to handle on the database and in the code the map itself is square