Sign in to follow this  
Tazuras

Planet Explorers - Voxel Based Single/multi Player Sci-Fi Sandbox

Hey all.  There probably arent too many of you that know me, but I just found a pretty interesting indie game that is an RPG with crafting, custom items, construction and terrian modification so I thought some of you might be interested.  As you may have guessed it is called Planet Explorers and it is curently in Alpha.  If you pre-order you have access to the curent build, otherwise you can play an earlier build for free, just to try it out.  Anyway, here's a link and here's a trailer:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AljyzPfY0Ao

Edited by Tazuras

Wurm is another shame that now goes the wrong way: (

Planet Explorer 0.53 free try and I like it

it's just a lot of alpha and nobody knows how it will turn out

It is interesting but then the bugs make me frustate :/ ... they just got too much game breaking bugs atm xD ..

It is interesting but then the bugs make me frustate :/ ... they just got too much game breaking bugs atm xD ..

I played the story campaign up to the point where there wasnt any more content without enountering anything gamebreaking (in the free version), what bugs did you run into?

Edited by Tazuras

I played the story campaign up to the point where there wasnt any more content without enountering anything gamebreaking (in the free version), what bugs did you run into?

fall into ground without no reason.. npcs that I give equipment happens to go naked the next save.. items gone missing.. clipping errors..

fall into ground without no reason.. npcs that I give equipment happens to go naked the next save.. items gone missing.. clipping errors..

Yeesh, yeah, that sounds pretty unplayable.  Was this in .53 or .62?

Come to think of it, though, I did have an NPC go naked once in .53, just re-loaded.  The equipent didnt save when i released them, but I figure that is just unimplimented or poorly explained.  The only other real bug I found was an NPC pathing error in a quest, had to dig a tunnel for him underneath some terrian obstacles so he could get where he wanted to go :D

I played the story campaign up to the point where there wasnt any more content without enountering anything gamebreaking 

how far was that? it still you got stuck in bugs ;P

That customization system is awesome.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

how far was that? it still you got stuck in bugs ;P

In 0.53 I played until after I finished the first rescue mission given at the forest encampment.  At the start of the next one the NPC told me he gave me a schematic for a weapon that i didnt get, i assume becuase that weapon hadnt been added into the game yet.  I then checked the patch notes for future versions and they said that the weapon he was supposed to give me then had been added to the game in those future versions.  So yeah, just seems like it was incomplete.

It looks immature (ie low development) Wurm 0.6 was better done imo. I'll leave that one alone and stay with Wurm. Pretty graphics and no gameplay i'd guess.