Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Helm Crests!

1. Viking style helmet with horns... Maybe Unicorn horns or bull's horns?

Viking helmets never had horns... we not until the Victorians dreamed them up. Celtic headgear however did

EDIT: Sorry Klaa. I hadn't got to your post.  

Edited by Eadwulf

Viking battle helmets never had horns, however some ceremonial gear probably had.

Celtic ceremonial headgear definitely had all sorts of horns and antlers and other decoration.

The Teutonic Knights however did go into battle with various outrageously horned and winged helmets. (none had a whole pheasant though)

And not to forget the brush crests (and wolf heads) of roman helmets.

Let us not forget our dedicated farmers. Tending the fields under a hot sun farmers should have a Straw Hat.

• Like 2

The Teutonic Knights however did go into battle with various outrageously horned and winged helmets. (none had a whole pheasant though)

Looks like a good idea, Wox, but I dunno about the whole pheasant thing.  It just looks almost comical, but if that's the point then it works! :P

I think it would be cool to have more variety in helms like having the horned or ornate helmets.  There's a lot of cool variety there.  Horns, wings, the roman style mohawk, gold ornate trims and designs, etc.  

I looooove my pheasant helmet  :D  nhaa that one will probably not go into the game in that form, probably just the wings and some feathers in a "brush".

Well if you are going to make the helm more ornate it will look out of place on the plate armor might want to make changes to that at the same time. Also don't forget that we all use the helms for the scale sets so making one match with that might be nice too. Might be nice to have a metal backpack like item that you can use for the scale sets too that matches up better..idk

Edited by Kegan

+1 the wolf and add a bear leather caps. Andy yes please keep some form of the pheasent just for fun :blink:

How bout finish what you started before adding more and never getting ot what you started?

Making other metals visible, dye'd armor visible, things like that? Then move onto new content.

• Like 5

How bout finish what you started before adding more and never getting ot what you started?

Making other metals visible, dye'd armor visible, things like that? Then move onto new content.

Didnt like 50 people already say that?

Only if it is optional.  I think that is the silliest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Love the wolf hat. Can I put it on my Christmas list ? XD

Talking of adding gold decorations to plate armour items, could we have flattened heraldic-style beasts to affix to the front of breast plates ?

I say it would be nicer if it was ingraved and maybe a trim to notice its different from a distance

• Like 1

I like the fun stuff Wox comes up with, we need to laugh and remember a sense of humor every now and then  :o

• Like 1

The hand mirror really didn't help with making unique appearances since so many people sport great helms.  I'm all for adding a bit of personalization to armor.

1356278017063.png

• Like 6

Butchered pheasant on great helmet   :P

pheasent_butchered_helm.jpg

Can i have one with an Eagle Spirit on please and save me poor legs  :P

• Like 1

would also like to see some face masks for the other armors mainly decorative but eye protection would be a nice addition

skills that could get these items would be

pottery

cloth tailoring

jewelery smithing

leather working

platesmithng

fine carpenty

also love the crests!

• Like 2

YES do this awesome idea.

I want the village Fool one or ... ..... a Giant green foot .... :)

Edited by smellyfeet