Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Yaga's Bestiary: Video Showcase Of The Creatures In Wurm Online

Ever since the fantastic new creature models were introduced with V1.0 I wanted to make little video sequences of all the beasts in Wurm Online, in order to be able to show my friends some of the highlights of this game. Now I finally finished the project and decided to combine the individual video takes (each about 30 seconds) into a "Video Compendium of Wurm Wildlife".

This is a rather long video (14 minutes) as it features 30 different creatures you are able to encounter on the Freedom isles. (It does not contain unique creatures like dragons or avatars.) You'll get the most out of this video if you watch it at the highest resolution (HD: 720p) and at full size. (Click on the little cog wheel symbol at the bottom of the video window.)

So here it is:

Yaga's Bestiary - A Showcase of Wurm Wildlife
A video compendium of the creatures found in Wurm Online.
Created by: Yaga
Music by: Kevin MacLeod

http://youtu.be/faMlX5HnceQ

I hope it is fun to watch - enjoy!

• Like 21

Very nice Compilation, i especialy like the new goblin model, remind me of Warhammer 40k gretchins a bit.

Nice video, good work with 'camera', not chaotical movement as we are used from other wurmians videos. :P

Something I can show to some friends not yet addicted to Wurm

• Like 1

Nice one Yaga!

I enjoyed it ;) Nice touch with the music changing to suit the characters of the creatures.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Nice job on the video!

Now, if I may critique: Hens got lumped in with Chicken. Probably should have avoided chickens, like you did other young models (i.e. foals). There were a couple of creatures missing; gorilla and hyena.

There were a couple of creatures missing; gorilla and hyena.

I'm aware. Unfortunately I have never seen any of those during the last 2 years - I think they don't even spawn on the PVE servers, do they?

That's actually a good question...

I don't recall ever seeing a gorilla on the PVE cluster that we know of today. I did run into many of them on the old JKh server. The Hyena was always found on Wild (it is Libila's "aligned" creature, iirc). Regardless, both shouldn't be considered unique, at least not any more unique than an anaconda or a wild boar.

Again, just to toss my constructive criticism out there; you've made a (near) complete bestiary. If it were my project, I would have either visited wild to capture said creature(s) or I would have enlisted someone over there to grab the video capture.

Put all of that aside though, you did an awesome job with everything else. Video capture is very clear and smooth. Music is very fitting. :)

Thank you, guys. I already have some ideas for the next video project :)  .

Thank you, guys. I already have some ideas for the next video project :)  .

The wild Nadroj in its natural habitat?

Very good movie! :)

Suggestion for next movie like this - make (or find) small program which will replace system mouse movement with something smoother. ;)

Very good movie! :)

Suggestion for next movie like this - make (or find) small program which will replace system mouse movement with something smoother. ;)

Thanks, Warlander. Yes, those stuttering mouse movements annoyed me most when making this video. :(

Do you have any idea how I could avoid that effect? (In my opinion it has nothing to do with the mouse or mouse driver itself but with the way the client reacts to mouse movements...)

Next one - Showcase the Valrei Specific spawns in all their (horrible) Glory

• Like 1

Next one - Showcase the Valrei Specific spawns in all their (horrible) Glory

With the side affect of showing where you can get those red at the screen edges from ;)

Nice job!

was awesome seeing the new crocodile animations

haha oh wait

hinthint :/

It would have been nice to include Epic spawns and uniques, but those aren't quite as nice of animations compared to most in this video, so whether on purpose or not wanting to bother with the "odd" mobs, this is probably better this way imo, with possibly a video later for the rest once they get improvements.

Very nice video, I agree that the music choices were very nice!

It would have been nice to include Epic spawns and uniques, but those aren't quite as nice of animations compared to most in this video, so whether on purpose or not wanting to bother with the "odd" mobs, this is probably better this way imo, with possibly a video later for the rest once they get improvements.

Very nice video, I agree that the music choices were very nice!

Thanks. Actually I'm thinking about an additional video with all the Epic spawns and uniques, maybe even dragons! :)

• Like 1

I was super impressed with the video you created! I can't imagine the amount of work that must of went into creating this. Everything from the cinematography to music was just fantastic. Kudos to you! 

• Like 1

Fantastic job!! Maybe a tactics video next with narration would be super.

• Like 1

Fantastic job! The best touch is when you capture that deer drinking/grazing right from water! Excellent work on choosing and representing the songs :) . I hope those critters doesn't cause you death.

• Like 1

Fantastic job! The best touch is when you capture that deer drinking/grazing right from water! Excellent work on choosing and representing the songs :) . I hope those critters doesn't cause you death.

Thank you!  In fact, I didn't die while making this video - however I *almost* died several times ;)  (The hell scorpious was worst, I hardly escaped with only 5% health left...)

So: unfortunately "Some Yagas were harmed during the making of this motion picture" :D

Thank you!  In fact, I didn't die while making this video - however I *almost* died several times ;)  (The hell scorpious was worst, I hardly escaped with only 5% health left...)

So: unfortunately "Some Yagas were harmed during the making of this motion picture" :D

ugh.. nogump will surely kill you xD ..

Awesome Yaga. Glad you finally managed to finish and release this. Was really fun to watch.

• Like 1

Thanks, Faeran!   Although *you* are the real professional ;)  

(You also made the unofficial Wurm Trailer, right? That one is a masterpiece!)