Sign in to follow this  
Jaori

Decay Not Working On Outside Items

So I'm creating this because a GM asked me to, looking hopefully for other players with the same issue as well.

I have off-deed items, outside of houses, that are not getting decayed.  I'll be tracking their progress here, as I was asked to do.  Please post your items so we can get this fixed.

9/8

[19:58:57] A crude coffin made from stone with a heavy lid. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 18.15132, Dam: 11.339697.

[19:59:09] A crude coffin made from stone with a heavy lid. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 18.647596, Dam: 0.53113455.

[19:59:28] A large chest made from planks and strengthened with iron ribbons. It is made from cedarwood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 16.367678, Dam: 0.0.

Not enough time has passed since the decay bug was fixed for the coffins to notice it, they have a really slow decay time, one tick every 5 wurm months.
The chest is a bit faster but not by much.

My on deed huge tub has taken a heck of a lot of decay since the fix, it's great as it was only there because I was too lazy to bash it

I don't really think stuff like containers should decay fast outside a house. People can choose to build and place them outside houses for aesthetic reasons.

If anything they should only be made faster to bash.

Also keep in mind that deeds have never protected regular items from decay, the bug was that items was being treated as if inside a house.

Erik, I'm pretty sure that chest hasn't received any damage either. How often should I check it for damage?

Quite the contrary for me. I just had a BSB that was fully repaired under a week ago poof outside on my deed. Have 50 days of upkeep at the moment, lost 1k bricks and mortar and all my wood and cotton.

Erik, I'm pretty sure that chest hasn't received any damage either. How often should I check it for damage?

They tick once every 15 wurm weeks.

Quite the contrary for me. I just had a BSB that was fully repaired under a week ago poof outside on my deed. Have 50 days of upkeep at the moment, lost 1k bricks and mortar and all my wood and cotton.

That should not have happened they have the same decay time as large chests. As far as I can tell items don't care about upkeep only if they are inside houses and then if it's deeded or not.

Then again damage is based on QL, at 1QL one tick can be enough to destroy a lot of things.