Sign in to follow this  
Horton

Epic Space Game

Good Day

A year ago I mentioned that there was a new 2D space game under development called Epic Space Game on Kickstart.  It did not get the attention at first and it went into a steady development without the kickstart but instead was funded by people who backed it thru its website.

Another Kickstart is underway for the Capital Ship Project.  As an added bonus the Developer has mentioned that anyone from Wurm will get a bonus of 1 Million credits (Just mentioned that you came here from wurm and was refereed by Horton)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webinar/expansion-capital-ships-crews-in-epic-space-online

You can join the forum at https://thealphacompany.net/forums/index.php

The Developer is pretty active and continues to develop the game.  The universe is ever expanding and there is no limit but that of fuel supply.  There is missions, exploration, mining, trading, and crafting once you got a station.  Later there will be NPC, pirates, Alien races, etc.  Since the game is currently in closed beta you can help with bug reports and help polish the game since the Developer is very open to suggestions and feed back. 

I currently own several stations in 0x-13y and surrounding areas and you can complete missions for large sums of credit to start.  Once you are able to make a station you can claim the sector which allows you a steady income.

• Like 1

Looks pretty awesome, I like the ambition going into it. The thing they're kickstarting looks fun and innovative... ships that have to be crewed by multiple people :3

Watched the video and somehow I'm not sure this is a game I would like xD .. I enjoy ftl, not yet trying eve online.. 

• Like 1

Multiple players working a ship sounds good in theory until you realize there's always one person (I'll admit its me) who believes opening the airlocks is the solution to every problem.

• Like 4

Looks interesting, though Star Citizen might be bit more fun.

Yeah star citizen is a ways off but you can start playing this game right now

Also for those who are interested the Dev actually bumped the bonus to 5 million credits and plans to give access to a few Odins, these are powerful Capital Carriers with Jump Driver capability.

This game can be good - we can't have too many space sim games (I love them!). :)

Time 2 play this game, i hope it's awesome, yet StarMade is nice game too. Free to play, but 3D.

Multiple players working a ship sounds good in theory until you realize there's always one person (I'll admit its me) who believes opening the airlocks is the solution to every problem.

You've only got to be wrong once and suddenly no one believes you any more :(

Its like playing FTL when you have a fire and you open the airlock to starve it of oxygen and your men suffocate cause your life support was damaged.....

+1 Horton

Taking your reknown from one game to help another is worth good kudos. I'll check that out even though I do not trust you at all :P

If you looking at space games you should really try out Kerbal Space Program.

Good news

The developer has generously decided to award those who back the game who play Wurm online.  The Industrial package allows you to make your own space station and claim your own sector.  Plus you get 2 extra beta keys for your friends to fly along side you as well.  You also get 1 million credits and a falcon which has a built in scanner. 

If you have already backed just reply to this forum thread or pm me thru their Forum - https://www.thealphacompany.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1669&p=5741#p5741

Also - Everyone that has backed the game will also get a chance to win the Odin. All those who backed the game from Wurm will get a chance to fly this Capital Ship Odin

http://i.imgur.com/wpbG2B0.jpg 

+1 Horton

Taking your reknown from one game to help another is worth good kudos. I'll check that out even though I do not trust you at all :P

Alot of times this is how games spread - a friend will recommend or you will see someone mention it.  The same goes here.  Wurm players who are interested will try Epic space game and at the same time those playing Epic Space game will take interest in Wurm and try it out as well. 

See you on both sides :)

Epic Space Online is a very intriguing idea, something I will want to try for sure. :)

make that 2 people

So who wants to attack Horton's stations? :D

Just think of all that darkness to hide in, Klaa.

I created a Faction in the Epic Space game named "The Empire"

Gonna be sweet with Capital Ships

I created a Faction in the Epic Space game named "The Empire"

Gonna be sweet with Capital Ships

Untill someone in your faction decides that it would be goot to put an exhaust shaft that connects the ships exterior to the ship core in a straight line.