Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Accelerated Decay Should Not Apply To All Items

I understand the idea behind the accelerated decay of items introduced lately. However, this increased rate of decay should not be applied to items that are usually placed outdoors for a reason.

For example: I planted a lot of lamps and road signs along our road network - and to my surprise most of the lamps were gone this morning, others severely damaged. I dont think something like that was intended by Rolf when he introduced the latest change.

So, here are my suggestions:

- Define a group of items to which the accelerated decay is applied (not everything, especially not items that have been planted)

- Only apply the increased rate of decay to off-deed items.

Maybe there is a way for the server software to determine if the creator of an item or the character who planted an item is still active (was online during the last 30 days). In that case only items made by inactive players could be made to decay faster.

What QL were they and how long ago did you plant them? The reason many things got so much damage in one go was the catch up, not because that's the new rate of decay per tick.

as i understand it,there is no acelerated decay,what happened was that a dev fixed a bug that cause items to decay outside buildings like they should do inside buildings.

as i understand it,there is no acelerated decay,what happened was that a dev fixed a bug that cause items to decay outside buildings like they should do inside buildings.

Hmmm ... some of those lamps got fully repaired and were planted only last week when I built some new off-deed structures on Celebration. I must admit, though, that the lamp ql was pretty low (like 10 probably) - but still they shouldn't have completely vanished after such a short time. However, previously those lamps were outside for quite a while - I collected them last week, repaired them and stored them inside a house for a while before planting them outside again. So maybe they still were labelled "outside damage catch up"?

Maybe one of the devs can clarify how this "damage catch up" is really supposed to work.

Some things do seem to be having bad decay now, ever since the fix, flowerpots just take insane damage.  Like 20+ after a day or two for a 20ql flowerpot.

On the otherhand, there was a lot of signs and lamps leftover scattered about.