Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Maps1

WIP version of Desertion, all maps will have the same style.

We will also make Islands(cluster) maps for freedom islands and for Epic islands.

The individual island maps will have one level of zoom in.

The Starter towns will be marked.

On Elevation all Starter town will marked on the map.

Pmk's (Player made kingdoms) will be not marked.

There will be NO "You are here" marker!

There will be NO minimap!

There will be a A map button in the quickbar to open and close the map, key bind "M".

Desertion_v006.png

(work in progress, it will act as a template for all maps)

• Like 27

I guess we will be able to make our own markings on this map like labels to areas with a pin or something?

Will there be tools to mark the map with personal points of interest?

It's on my todo list, but it's marked as if we have time to do it now, if not I will add it after our deadline... I don't know when our deadline is in any other words then ASAP. 

edit: missed a very important word.

Edited by ErikN

Will Inde and Chaos be the same canvas size, or will they be larger? When you zoom in on Chaos and Inde, will they zoom in the same amount on the overall image as the other servers, or will they zoom to the same zoom level as the other maps, i.e. 2x to get the same level of detail?

Looking good though :)

I think this coupled with the compass idea would make for a real nice navigation system for new and old players alike. 

Will Inde and Chaos be the same canvas size, or will they be larger? When you zoom in on Chaos and Inde, will they zoom in the same amount on the overall image as the other servers, or will they zoom to the same zoom level as the other maps, i.e. 2x to get the same level of detail?

Looking good though :)

same canvas size, same zoom (if i understood your question correct, have Friday frenzy map making dizzy head)

same canvas size, same zoom (if i understood your question correct, have Friday frenzy map making dizzy head)

hehe. To clarify:

A: If zooming in on smaller servers shows 1/4 of the map, zooming in on Chaos and Inde will also show 1/4 of the map.

B: If zooming in on smaller servers shows 1/4 of the map, zooming in on Chaos and Inde will show 1/16th of the map.

looking nice!

will they be updated as people turn whole areas into something else?

like player made desert or steppes, which would not be there on original maps

You know me i have to complain about something so here it goes..the letters are not matched up with the graph as well as the numbered ones are. I know it is a wip but just wanted to bring it to your attention, lol

Edited by Kegan

Being able to put down unlimited amount of markers ourself for a "personal" map would be more then awesome. Would most likely inspire a lot more people to travel around and explore the land (I know I would be sailing/running all over the place to finally pin the stuff I know around the inde server and to discover new points of intrest).

Being able to put down unlimited amount of markers ourself for a "personal" map would be more then awesome. Would most likely inspire a lot more people to travel around and explore the land (I know I would be sailing/running all over the place to finally pin the stuff I know around the inde server and to discover new points of intrest).

even more if u can share your personals markers,if that is done well,it would be no need for community maps.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 2

even more if u can share your personals markers,if that is done well,it would be no need for community maps.

now that is where i can see a map making skill used for to put your map on paper and trade or something..idk

This looks quite nice. Glad there won't be a "You are here"-marker! Making markings/annotations on the map would just be a nice touch.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

Hey,

The "shareable" PIN system was used in another game I played (Fallen Earth) and before long it become a custom that any player will just add via a series of commands all major points of interest (there it was the "stable masters") and pretty much that killed the purpose of discovering the places by yourself.

That's why I suggest to limit the number of personal marks you can have on the map so you will mark only those things that really interest you and not "all the deeds on the server" (dunno, I think 20-30 personal marks would be enough).

Also, in addition to the starting town, I think it will be nice to have auto-added your village and (eventually) allied villages.

Other than that it looks really great. :)

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers!

If we will have access to it in our files you could take it and put whatever you want on the map and stick it back in the file so you can have it as detailed as you like. i am not sure how it is going to be listed or work but who knows. 

Maybe each village/alliance could have their own notations on the map, if possible?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

It seems pretty good, though I would go for a slightly less obscured font on the numbers and letters (4s look like 9s, 3s look like 5s etc)

I'd probably have less open sea as well - only 8-25 really have any land in so only just over half the map is actually relevant - I'd rather be able to see the game in the periphery than empty parchment.

More importantly, you should indicate the direction for connected servers, if possible :)

• Like 1