Sign in to follow this  
Magnir

Modify A Path Tile

Hi guys,

I created a path of knowledge tile, a 3x3 with flowers and a sand tile next to it. The actual knowledge tile is identified.

Can I remove the sand tile and the other flower tiles next to the actual path tile now without losing it?

Thanks,

Magnir

no, you change surrountings on the path tile it will be lost. you would need to re-plant stuff once again if you wanted that tile active again.

Edited by Dboy

Not sure why you put the flowers down.  Flower tiles are for Path of Love.  Knowledge just needs to be near water and sand tiles.

"Knowledge path tiles are usually found beside water and sand. Generally they are quite close to the shore, but some have also been found in deep waters.

You should be able to create your own knowledge path tile by flattening a low 3x3 area close to open water and creating some sand tiles near by. Once planted, test each tile to see if it's "special" as the Knowledge Tile does not have to be in the center. If the area is disturbed , the special tile may vanish, and must be recreated, and may show up in a different spot than before."

Wurmpedia

"Love path tiles are usually found on flat or flattish grass, with flowers and water nearby. Usually love tiles will be within 5 - 7 tiles from the shore."

Doesn't even need sand for knowledge, i have one inside my house on a cobblestone road tile, just near water was enough

Not sure why you put the flowers down.  Flower tiles are for Path of Love.  Knowledge just needs to be near water and sand tiles.

"Knowledge path tiles are usually found beside water and sand. Generally they are quite close to the shore, but some have also been found in deep waters.

You should be able to create your own knowledge path tile by flattening a low 3x3 area close to open water and creating some sand tiles near by. Once planted, test each tile to see if it's "special" as the Knowledge Tile does not have to be in the center. If the area is disturbed , the special tile may vanish, and must be recreated, and may show up in a different spot than before."

Wurmpedia

"Love path tiles are usually found on flat or flattish grass, with flowers and water nearby. Usually love tiles will be within 5 - 7 tiles from the shore."

I can attest that you don't need to flatten a 3x3 area.

I have one on my deed, its on a road by my harbor, the tile directly east of it is a 62 dirt upward slope (part of a row of them, so SE and NE tiles also 62 slope).

Tiles directly north and south are part of the road, so both are flat with the knowledge tile.

Tile west of it is a 20 or 40 slope into water (tile itself is about 1-3 dirt above water level), NW and SW are also sloped into the water.

Also nearest sand tile is around 3-4 tiles west of the knowledge tile (all tiles in the harbor are paved with stone slab, including those underwater).

I think the main point about the flattening is to force a tile to spawn in that area. It's easier to check 9 tiles for a "special place" than all tiles that are somewhat near sand :)

I think the main point about the flattening is to force a tile to spawn in that area. It's easier to check 9 tiles for a "special place" than all tiles that are somewhat near sand :)

Near water.

• Like 1