Sign in to follow this  
Sorien

Diseased Shows In Certain Events, Not On Horse Itself

I have a horse that was diseased that I isolated and moved on deed to care for, grooming regularly, and today it showed as no loner diseased on either mousing over the horse or on most events. However, when mounting/dismounting it still refers to the horse as diseased:

[16:48:13] You start leading a mature fat huntingraid.
[16:48:16] You mount on the Mature diseased Huntingraid as the driver.
[16:48:16] You stop leading a mature fat huntingraid.
[16:50:44] You leave the Mature diseased Huntingraid.
[16:55:50] You start to tend to Mature fat Huntingraid.
[16:56:02] You have now tended to Mature fat Huntingraid and he seems pleased.
[16:56:16] You target Mature fat Huntingraid.
[16:56:30] You are now too far away to Attack Mature fat Huntingraid.
[16:56:16] You try to hit a Mature fat Huntingraid.
[16:56:20] Mature fat Huntingraid takes no real damage from the hit to the calf of the right foreleg.
[16:56:24] You hit Mature fat Huntingraid very lightly in the chest and slap it.

-Michael

Apparently this is not an isolated bug either:

[22:11:02] The Adolescent fat Lightningman seems uninterested in the grooming brush.
[22:11:04] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Lightningman.
[22:11:17] You have now tended to Adolescent fat Lightningman and he seems pleased.
[22:11:35] You start leading a adolescent fat lightningman.
[22:11:37] You mount on the Adolescent diseased Lightningman as the driver.
[22:11:37] You stop leading a adolescent fat lightningman.

It's still happening with the other horse as well, and it's been hours now:

[22:19:21] You start leading a mature fat huntingraid.
[22:19:26] You start to tend to Mature fat Huntingraid.
[22:19:39] You have now tended to Mature fat Huntingraid and he seems pleased.
[22:20:00] You mount on the Mature diseased Huntingraid as the driver.
[22:20:00] You stop leading a mature fat huntingraid.

-Michael

It's been like that for ages. You need to relog for the diseased status to show correctly.

It's been like that for ages. You need to relog for the diseased status to show correctly.

Actually, no, this persisted between logins that were hours apart. This appears to be a server bug, not a client issue.

-Michael

Relog always makes it show the correct status for me also but none the less its still a bug that needs fixing especially due to the fact its been around for ages.

Additionally, valrei items with the mission status should show their full name "valrei mission item" when handling it, not only when dropping it into a container.

Recently three critters, two pigs and one cow, who were in isolation, and healed via Humid Drizzle got diseased again.  Another humid drizzle and they seem fine until mounting the cow and seeing it is diseased.  Already logged off and on to ensure it was cleared out, so I'm thinking something is wonky with disease, and the ability to cure it.

On top of what Dorian said, I have horses that had "It has some illness" trait which was removed, but the horse is still unridable. I reported this one before, but never got confirmation that it was actually a bug.

Do the devs ever participate in these threads to at least acknowledge whether or not something is a bug? Just curious.

-Michael

Per Manny's pinned post on on reporting bugs, devs do monitor the reports.  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/39338-reporting-bugs/

It would be time consuming for devs to respond to every post, time would be better spent on working on fixes.  Posting here with as much information as you have and getting feedback from others who can reproduce is the best way to get something known and tested.  Once verified as a bug, I'm sure it gets added to some type of priority fix list.  Unfortunately, that is something the reporters or the volunteer testers have no control over.

You can also browse the forums for other reports of the same issues to see if any additional information has been posted.  For the illness trait, I found these other reports:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/69815-golddog-too-weak-after-genesis/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/44695-horse-unable-to-be-ridden-after-genesis/

As far as the diseased text, I've noticed the same thing myself,   I've examined a horse to see that one of it's parents is Diseased Bla Bla, but mouse over that horse and not see diseased.  Eventually, the diseased does show on the horse.  There seems to be a lag of sorts between when it's there and when it shows up in all the texts.

On top of what Dorian said, I have horses that had "It has some illness" trait which was removed, but the horse is still unridable. I reported this one before, but never got confirmation that it was actually a bug.

Do the devs ever participate in these threads to at least acknowledge whether or not something is a bug? Just curious.

-Michael

Removing bad traits only seems to effect animals with foal/calf stage. If you get the trait before it goes into the Adult phase, the animal is no longer affected by it. If you remove it in the Adult stage, however, it has the effect for life, but should have a reduced chance to pass it on to offspring.

This is really noticeable in my hell horses that do not have a foal stage so the ones born with 'feeble and unhealthy' tend to get diseased every 2 or 3 days whether they are alone or not.

Another update, we tried a 'double drizzle' and kept the animals isolated, grooming them regularly.  None of them seem to show the 'I get sick a lot' trait.  Like before they showed diseased when mounting, after a few days, they are showing diseased again, so basically they are not healing at all.