Sign in to follow this  
tgod

Domesticate Animals With Higher Taming

Most people like cats but in wurm they are naturally aggressive.  Could add a subskill to taming or domesticate certain animals with x amount of taming skill.

maybe allow all  tamed animals to be branded and easily lead later?

Im thinking more along the lines of you want a cat, bear, or whatever for a pet but dont want it to attack you or templars kill it.

-1 Fo priests already have a similar ability...would nerf them even further into oblivion if everyone could do so..

also if creature is 'tamed' guards dont attack already, nor will it attack you....

Edited by Emane

You would think a high skilled tamer could "tame" down the the aggressiveness of an animal.  Maybe over time or something.   Not sure it would mess with Fo too much, I would think 50 or 75 taming would be alot harder to aquire than 40 faith.

• Like 1

For animals like wildcats/lions/wolves and rats if your into that sorta thing I don't see the harm in making a % chance that after x amount of tames they will become domesticated, meaning they will no longer be an aggressive animal even when they aren't your pet. And breeding two domesticated animals produces an already domesticated child. But go no higher than wolves.

• Like 1

For animals like wildcats/lions/wolves and rats if your into that sorta thing I don't see the harm in making a % chance that after x amount of tames they will become domesticated, meaning they will no longer be an aggressive animal even when they aren't your pet. And breeding two domesticated animals produces an already domesticated child. But go no higher than wolves.

That sounds good.

hmm, So if you had a pet at high taming level for lets say at least an entire age step, then when they went untamed to you they would be something like boar, gorillas, and hyenas, who are non-aggressive to you and your kingdom? It would be interesting to be able to keep things like wolves, mountain lions, wild cats, ect as non-aggressive animals that way if they go untamed your spirit templars that are set to attack aggressive animals don't kill your pet. It would be nice to be able to train a set of guard dogs for your deed :). But there could be problems with this on the PVP servers, such as someone filling their deed with these animals domesticated to their kingdom to protect it, with 5 tower guards and 1-2 spirit templars on top of a pack of 10 or more wolves would be a lot of gank bonus granted to the defending party. Granted the wolves are pretty easy to kill and won't respawn like the guards, but it could be unbalancing. Also I wouldn't let you lead them just because they are domestic if you could not lead them before, imagine running around leading several wolves or something with you to fight someone with. The thought of having a pack of wolves with me is super awesome, but idk it could be OP. If we did see this implemented they should make it so that if the domestic animal has not been tamed for so long then they go feral once more, as we see this happen in real life with abandoned dogs and cats.

Also, if they were domestic to your kingdom, should they act on your KOS list and should they even be domestic to a specific kingdom or just completely nonviolent? Them being completely nonviolent to anyone throws out the guard dogs idea, which would kinda suck, but it would let you keep your pets alive on a deed with guards set to attack animals and removes the possibility to unbalance PVP with it.

Well with the whole animal ratio monstrosity that we currently have in this game no one on the Epic cluster would breed 50+ wolves to help defend when they could use that ratio for horses. Also I wouldn't think it would be a kingdom specific thing, just more of non-aggro on a whole. But the kingdom specific is a nice touch. And having three wolves at your rear when out hunting would be awesome, I see no OP status there.

I was just wondering if the gank bonus would play a big factor in it, would certainly make for some more interesting fights :). I haven't PVPed much yet, so I didn't know how much it would really affect it.

Edit: also couldn't you just keep the tamed wolves off deed until you needed them?

Edited by Syls

Maybe instead of going aggressive they could just go neutral. They don't listen to you, but they don't fight either.

On a side note however, as domesticated, which animal count would they be connected to? Aggro or non-aggro? I only ask this because I'm sure it would matter to many people which count it increases by joining, and which one it decreases by leaving.

+1

I like the idea.  Taming and taming and taming, it's great, but the reward?
Higher aggro creatures, sure.  But what if that's not your thing you just want a cat to hang out with.  

I like it & I don't see it affecting Fo Priests.

Excellent point shrimp, I would assume they would reduce the aggro count and increase the non. Not like that matters much as Rolf seems to be willing to change the spawn caps whenever the people ask for it.

Sure lets add more to the non-agro cap so once again nobody can find horses, bison and already non-agros. Nope...already had that experience still -1 imho. 

would soon again have servers where the ONLY wild creatures were aggros...