To add my own feelings as a newbie about what would have really helped during the first five hours.  

This is going to come across rather negative as it only focuses on the things that were problems.

The tutorial is really bad.   Really Bad.

The game is extremely unstable.  It often crashes as I start it up but it is at least stable after this happens for me.  However I have a friend who understands computers who has it freeze and/or crash whenever he tries to play it.  So far he's had this result from three different computers.   This is a huge hurdle to getting new players.

The game is really obscure.  I would have played this years ago if I'd known it existed.  The only reason I found it at all was because of someones reference to it in a forum post that wasnt even about Wurm.   This is after having spent hours during the last couple of years hunting for something similar.

It was demorilisingly hard to find a starting point.  I started off just wanting to try things out but there was a ring of deforestation around the protected trees of the starting zone so just trying to find a tree I could cut down took me many playing hours and multiple deaths.   After spending a couple of days around the starting area because i felt tied to the newbie food vendors I decided to start out and find somewhere to settle that fit what I was looking for - open land with only one or two neighbours and space to expand.  After a couple of days of stumbling around I was met on the road and given a place to live in an established village for a bit.   At this time I was starting to feel like there would be no area that met my wishes and that my only option would be a tiny house squeezed inbetween long established deeds or a place within an already established village.   I was within a day or so of giving up at this point as village life, although lovely, didnt supply the gameplay I wanted.   Research on the forums led me to believe that there might be land up for grab to the south so I set off to find another place.   This was an extremely frustrating trek as it put me back in sloping sands everytime I died forcing me to trek back to my dying position.  This happened a LOT and if I had not known that this is exactly the sort of game I had wanted to play for years I would have quit multiple times over.  I quickly got lost amongst the maze of roads as I was trying to follow what I thought was a highway, and getting blocked by deed walls.   This was with the use of the community map.  I am honestly still not sure where that highway actually is.  I picked the area I have right now at least partly because the idea of making the same journey yet again was too depressing.

Its also very hard to tell when an area is abandoned due to the beds and such that are lying around.  To me these indicated that a place was already occupied.

Things I would like for newbies following my experience are:

More information on the servers when presenting me with a choice.  For example I would have liked an indication of player population compared to ideal/capacity population and % of world covered by deeds/enclosures.   Might also be nice to have an average skill level for the server but this might make it very hard for the older servers to get new people.

A bag of travel rations that are not lost on dying that will keep me fed for 24 hours instead of the vendors or at the least scatter the vendors along the main highways leading out from the newbie town.

There were a couple of items in the newbie kit that lasted about 5 minutes before I had lost them such as my backpack and a bowl.   It would have been nice to have those as part of the newbie kit.  I remember the bowl in particular being very hard to replace due to clay not being everywhere.   The backpack was even harder to replace but more of a luxury.

Some simple money making tasks at the beginning to teach me what I could do for coin without relying on other players.  For example the traders could ask me to supply them with 10 corn or 5 chunks of iron ore and ask, at the time of giving the task, if I wanted advice on how to perform that task.

First aid supplies.   It is extremely hard to find cotton as a newbie.   I died at least three times in the first day just because I was trying to forage what felt like mile after mile of spider infested woodland for cotton so that I could try to start healing up again.   I actually had much better luck supplying myself with healing covers than bandaging. 

The ability during the first 24 hour period to respawn at the nearest settlement to facilitate any newbies travel away from the spawn area.   Even if settlements have to opt into this it would have helped a lot.

A limited time newbie town area where people can only have heavily restricted housing (ie a max 1 square shack with 1 square of enclosure for example) to enable people to find spots around the newbie spawn point to experiment in without first having to invest tens of hours getting lost within what was a mazelike nest of walls around the starting town.   Ideally this should be part of the tutorial world before you leave as this would enable people to work out what they want and then try to find the server/town that provides it.   Have a recruitment channel for these guys so they can ask for villages looking for them and then pick the server that has the town they liked most.   Populate it the critters newbies can actually learn combat on without being immediately eaten.  You would probably need to cap skill gain here and have it so the buildings go poof the minute people leave.    The option to build your shack through some sort of task/quest system offering different levels of support to the player.

Completely redo the tutorial. The movement section is overly complex and the route was very confusing.  Personally I would have done the following. Point out that movement speeds depend on the terrain without going into details and then have an square area with some different land types all next to each other.   Have it so the new character has to fight their way through a harmless foe (preferably a fur dropper) to a climb atop which they chop down a tree to get a single log, have them fall down that slope and then have them craft a component that will then let them repair a gate as an introduction to the crafting menu.  Make them change to defensive combat stance and shield bash a second foe on going through this gate.  Then explain and have them tend the bruise from the fall.  Then have a compass navigation spot, possibly with the lantern light exercise you already have.   Explanation boxes should never be more than a paragraph at a time.   I particularly hated the digging section of the tutorial and feel this would be better tackled in the newbie settlement area described above by giving folks step by step popups on building that first shack.   The mining section was ok but it badly needs to explain ways to find ore that do not involve an already existing mine.  The tutorial also never mentioned that I could customise my characters appearance not did it mention banking at settlement tokens or the ability to sell items to the tokens for a bit of starting cash. 

Better starting merchants.  The starting merchants in some of the servers arent very obvious.  I had no idea these existed on my first character/server.   They also never had any money for selling things to them during the first 2-3 days I spent in the sloping sands region.    I was frustrated as a newcomer because it was extremely hard to trade things due to the lack of coins to make up the price differences.  For example I wanted to some items for a bowstring but because the bowstrings value was not an exact multiple of the items I had to sell I couldnt buy it even though my items were worth more than the bowstring.   You should either give newcomers a few iron coins for these small items or have special traders that always have a certain amount of coin available for the use of newcomers only.

Awesome post and correct me if I am wrong but a lot of this post can be summed up by 1 word that has been mentioned before by others and myself for a new player.. INTERACTIVITY!

Creating this interactivity is NOT "hand holding, spoon feeding, or any other BS I've read regarding this.", can be skipped if you choose, etc. Also the interactivity will draw the newer player even further into the world. Call them quests, missions or whatever you like. It would in no way make most new players expect a totally quest driven game. It would explain many of the awesome features this game has, as well as teach newer players about them. The walls of text in the tutorial are just horrible and typically closed as soon as they open by most.

At least that is my opinion and sounds like the opinion of the quoted post.

regauarding maps, they really should be a cartography skill and relevant tools... low skill you only get a local map, eg what you can see from where you standing, actual mapping should be much higher level

I'd rather you get it and be done with it. No skills please.

having a population density chart for the area would be nice for noobies so they can find an area to settle that wont make old neighbors upset they moved so close.

also what do you mean by "Revisiting and improvements on the Starter Areas for all the Islands"

you going to revamp the Green Dog area?

This looks like it's coming along alright too. Got to see what the maps will look like, can say I like the idea if they remain just landmaps and not full of details pinpointing exact locations. Though if it would have x y intervals would work perfect, that way when someone says they're #x #y people know where to go, more specifically newer players. Other than that so long as there's no "you are here" dot I don't see what all the fuss about that is, sincei t's basically just an ingame version of the community maps (also toggle-able so it's no big deal to those who don't want it).

• Like 1

I'd rather you get it and be done with it. No skills please.

Awe but that's the whole fun of the game haha, having to work hard to get good things. Thus the term "Survival" in it's genre. Gotta live from that land and work hard to aquire the things you desire. I would personally love to have a cartography skill, as the idea of it is just awesome. That would allow a new market to open, map selling, map special hotspots and send newbies there or other places of interest. Meh just a thought but to me sounds epic lol

I agree maps may be a huge problem. I know how to get around by playing and studying the land around me...

you may not, but many others share the same opinion as me (not often that happens) but maps will simplify wurm (even more) We have the community maps, why do we need anything else? :S

People leave after 5 or so hours because of various reasons. One thing that was not in your list is the lack of payment options. This is why I left the game before. I am back because I see "Xsolla" as an option. I couldn't log into my old account, so I had to create a new account to find out It's not implemented yet. I hate paypal, and that rewards is a joke, which is why I won't pay for this game and I end up getting bored of wurm because of the 20 skill limit. Any idea of when that option will be available ? Not trying to start a flame war here, just trying to nail down a date of the other payment option so I can come back and start playing again.

Edited by PenguinDoom

People leave after 5 or so hours because of various reasons. One thing that was not in your list is the lack of payment options. This is why I left the game before. I am back because I see "Xsolla" as an option. I couldn't log into my old account, so I had to create a new account to find out It's not implemented yet. I hate paypal, and that rewards is a joke, which is why I won't pay for this game and I end up getting bored of wurm because of the 20 skill limit. Any idea of when that option will be available ? Not trying to start a flame war here, just trying to nail down a date of the other payment option so I can come back and start playing again.

Rolf is working on it.

• Like 1

Some very interesting posts. Credit to those that wrote them.

These are the bits I found were missing when I started in no particular:

At the end of the tutorial you have to choose a server to spawn on, but there is little information on which to base your choice even if you are knee deep in the wiki by then. I based my choice on what I guessed the maps and community would be like, and that first judgement based on nothing but imagination stays with you a long time ... if you don't quit because it doesn't live up to your expectations. I'd have preferred to make a more informed choice before committing since you can't easily change maps, and most people won't start-over if they get it all wrong in the first 5 hours.

I got lucky with the people near the spawn town when I started. It still amazes me that with all the volunteer staff posts that have to be approved by staff members, CAs, CMs and GMs, there are no officially titled volunteering positions for people who meet newly spawned players. No-one that is answerable to Wurm for being it's representative on first impressions that has to know what they are doing and is supported in that role by Wurm. Human tuition beats generated tutorials every time, so why not have people that are Approved by Wurm developing and running try-it-out areas for that first few hours who have access to up-to-date community information and connections vital to new players ? This could be done on-server or on a try-out server with different mechanics to make it easier to maintain.

There was no community information available in the spawn town. I live near my map's spawn town and I hear people asking about finding a village to join, and I have no answers for them. I don't know who's recruiting or what opportunities are available to a new player. I've often wished for player-interactive noticeboards pinned with papyrus detailing recruitment and work opportunities, a link for the community map, and details of unsettled areas near people who WANT new neighbours. Noticeboards would get around the fact you can't plant signs in the spawn town, because the mayor of the spawn town would plant them and players would just pin their own papyrus sheets to it which become info-sheets readable without pickup.

How deeds work is not clear, it took me ages to learn the simple fact that because of the 5 tile perimeter (which can't overlap) and the minimum deed size, you need find a minimum size-space of 21x21 wild tiles to drop a deed in. I would have loved to have dropped a 'false' deed as part of the tutorial and had the settings explained.

Traders that insist on giving exact change in a barter are a pain. Because the public traders are usually drained down to the last iron, simple transactions are impossible. Add a keep-the-change checkbox to not include coin in the trade window for barter-only transactions. This would also allow players to donate items such as bandaging cotton to a spawn-town trader, by refusing to accept coin for it. Between that and the new mechanics to sell 'worthless' items to traders and tokens, it would make cheap transactions a lot easier. It would also allow traders to accept newbie starter items which they won't BUY, but could be donated back to them for recirculation at minimal cost to the new players, such as lost compasses.

Explain the chat windows in the tutorial - CA Help and Kchat only talk to people on the same map as you, Gchat talks to every map on the server cluster, precisely what Kingdom means in terms of chat restrictions, and what should and shouldn't be posted in CA Help.

It would also have been nice to have made a set of crude tools as part of the tutorial period and learnt about the non-drop mechanic applying to most but not ALL of your starter kit.

Generally speaking, the job of making Wurm attractive to new players is in the hands of the existing playerbase rather than the Devs, aside from a few tweaks to mechanics that make it easier for us to help the newly born. Wurm's true wealth is in those that want to volunteer and give something back to the game as soon as they feel competant enough to do so. Allow US more freedom in the mechanics and maybe a few guidelines, to organise ourselves to help others, and you'll have more of the feel of community welcome and support that is so vital to the success of an MMO Sandbox. Empower the playerbase and the playerbase will take over from where the coded pop-ups leave off. And be better-off for taking on the responsibility instead of always looking to the Devs to make stuff happen. Devs provide the basic world, the community-aspects are our responsibility.

• Like 3

Fellow Wurmians,

Here are my ideas for how the game should be introduced.

After you register, instead of going through a tutorial, you spawn on a newbie server.  You can choose to go through a portal right away that takes you to the island portal, or you can spend a day or 3 on the newbie server.  You would have access to all the starter tools, and spawn area would be a small village designed by game developers with some vacant lots that a new wurmian could build on.  Throughout the town would be NPCs with with tasks/quests to give the new player an idea of what they would need to do.  For example:

A NPC is set up at a near by forest and would set a task of getting the player to chop down wood.  All the different lumber types would be there, so the player can see what everything looks like.

Another NPC is set up at a barn with some animals in it.  he could explain how animal tending works, and also help with the basics of farming.

Another NPC could help explain the basics of mining, building houses, boats, tools, ect.

A Guard could help explain the basics of combat, and fighting, to include height advantages, cart CR nerfs, mounted combat, archery, weapon benefits.

This way, every new player would get the chance to interact with the wurm environment completely, but they would be in an area that allows them the freedom of being killed by wild animals.  Settlements could even be allowed to send an emissary to the newbie area (through a freedom/epic like portal) to post advertisements in a recruitment hall within the newbie city.  The recruitment area would be sectioned off to divide up the different servers with an NPC explaining the differences between the islands.  The recruitment hall would ease the transition for the new player and hopefully fit them right into a village looking to expand, win-win.  Or if I tell a friend about the game, they would be able to connect up with me before they are dropped on the wrong server and have to remake their account.

After the new player has had their fill of the newbie server, they would head to the portal in town, and go to the island select server, fully equipped with info on how to play wurm, who to contact about joining a village, and what server to choose.  They would also be able to identify the wood types, how to farm, fight, and generally be an benefit to any village.  As an added bonus, any skills they develop on the newbie server could be maintained up to lvl 10 or what ever is deemed fair.

If anything like this is developed, please let me know, I'd love to help put this together.

Thanks!

• Like 5

Fellow Wurmians,

Here are my ideas for how the game should be introduced...

This is pretty much exactly how it was before the Tutorial was introduced. People would spawn on GV, and play on there before going to a portal for one of the main servers.

Why did this going away?  

I've only been around for a year~, so I don't know all the iterations that the introduction went through.

The simple guide system told the player nothing about movement, climbing, stamina and many other basic game content. This was usually a big confusion for new players (eg. why am I crawling at very low speed - climbing is on and stamina never recovers).

The island idea was removed because the players on the island stayed there for much longer than it was anticipated. And in the end new players should start to go premium pretty soon. On the island there was no need to go premium and a lot of players played there for ever without ever experiencing the other 80% of Wurm that's only available with premium.

After the tutorial was introduced the premium conversion rate skyrocketed so the tutorial is clearly a success compared to the starter server.

As a new person looking into this game just the other day, I think you need an overall UI improvement as well.

This reminds me of 1999/2000 EQ, after they removed the "portal" UI they had and let you see full screen, but still had some basic UI stuff in it. On the other hand they did have assignments to key functions you put in the UI instead of forcing people to be programmers and looking at a wiki and forum topic on how to bind keys.

At the least you should have this key binding done from a UI in the game, like any other MMOG out there.

ITPalg

With all due respect...

Why should Wurm have to " be like the others" ?

I like this, many do, setting keybindings by command is intuitive enough for most. And if things were simplified to a point where you dont have to refer to the wiki (which is excellent, albeit sometimes outdated, but we are working on that), then how simple will everything be. If wurm becomes like "any other mmog" out there, I will be one of nnn who will not enjoy it enough to keep on playing. 

But your post makes sense from a newcomer/outside perspective, and it is at least phrased better than some of the long time players who make these. thanks :)

My point is just, I am here because of what it is, and thankfully, the creator and developers follow what they believe is right and not every whim.

Well I'm an old time player and a programmer too. I'd still like to have a key binding GUI (;

Wurm should never try to be like all the other MMOs out there in terms of game play.

But it should definitely attempt to be as good in quality.

Why don't they do it like WoW and Everquest? Have all the relevant variables and methods exposed in an API and let the players make their own GUI components with HTML and Lua.

ITPalg

With all due respect...

Why should Wurm have to " be like the others" ?

I like this, many do, setting keybindings by command is intuitive enough for most. And if things were simplified to a point where you dont have to refer to the wiki (which is excellent, albeit sometimes outdated, but we are working on that), then how simple will everything be. If wurm becomes like "any other mmog" out there, I will be one of nnn who will not enjoy it enough to keep on playing. 

But your post makes sense from a newcomer/outside perspective, and it is at least phrased better than some of the long time players who make these. thanks  :)

My point is just, I am here because of what it is, and thankfully, the creator and developers follow what they believe is right and not every whim.

Well I'm an old time player and a programmer too. I'd still like to have a key binding GUI (;

Wurm should never try to be like all the other MMOs out there in terms of game play.

But it should definitely attempt to be as good in quality.

Why don't they do it like WoW and Everquest? Have all the relevant variables and methods exposed in an API and let the players make their own GUI components with HTML and Lua.

As Keldun said about the GUI...

I had typed up something and the forum coughed so here I go again with a copying of it to save it just in case...

Misquoting me and using your quote to fit your off-subject-matter reply is wrong.

The subject of the post was the UI and not gameplay.

Complexity of gameplay and complexity, or lack thereof, of the UI in order to play the game are not the same thing. Wurm devs can learn from CCP making Eve Online's UI more accessible over time, and they started back in 2003.

One should not be forced to jump a dozen pits of fire to make a say+emote+action. This should all be included in a Keybindings UI just "like any other MMOG out there".

In EQ II you go Alt+O for Options, Controls>+Movement Keys (bind your movement keys here), or +View Keys, or +Hotbar Keys, or +Command Keys, etc. They even allow macros of 3 lines to be made with some queuing available. The first line you can for example put /say Look over there [you could combine some on the same line with the appropriate syntax], /emote point, and another command, all within one macro window, without ever having to open an old fashioned console window or touching a text file.

There are many people who have no idea how to easily navigate a folder structure. Why force them to?

Even just the simple clicking of the key you want to to bind with the window pop up just "like any other MMOG out there" that says "press the mouse or key you want to bind" would be a great step towards pulling a new player in. For an essentially  7 year old game (1 yr soon "official") to not have this is disappointing. Even EverQuest had this keybinding in 1999/2000 when I played.

Are you seriously telling me that every game you play you do not want there to be a simple way to bind your keys? I hate trackballs. If the game required me to use a trackball guess what? I wouldn't play. There goes a potential customer.

I would also like to point out that the tutorial tells you nothing about combat, which you should know the basics before "kicking you out" (as a quote from PC Gamer about this game), which I find almost laughingly absent from a game that you require knowing how to survive in, especially going to a PVP server.

There are just some things I consider absolute essentials before launching a social MMOG:

• Easy to use UI.
  • Social tools (grouping - including a decent LFG tool, guild/clan/army/kinship, chat...etc).
  • A tutorial that covers every basic item of the game; yes MMOGs change over time so not everything can be included, but come on...knowing how to fight in a game that includes fighting should be in the tutorial. CCP has updated the tutorial at least twice in my few years of play.

The simple guide system told the player nothing about movement, climbing, stamina and many other basic game content. This was usually a big confusion for new players (eg. why am I crawling at very low speed - climbing is on and stamina never recovers).

The island idea was removed because the players on the island stayed there for much longer than it was anticipated. And in the end new players should start to go premium pretty soon. On the island there was no need to go premium and a lot of players played there for ever without ever experiencing the other 80% of Wurm that's only available with premium.

After the tutorial was introduced the premium conversion rate skyrocketed so the tutorial is clearly a success compared to the starter server.

Wouldn't this be solvable by putting a # hours /played cap on the newbie server?  I definitely see the draw of being in a safe zone indefinitely, but you could limit this by forcing the account to move forward, while still giving them the chance to learn in a safe environment.

Wouldn't this be solvable by putting a # hours /played cap on the newbie server?  I definitely see the draw of being in a safe zone indefinitely, but you could limit this by forcing the account to move forward, while still giving them the chance to learn in a safe environment.

This essentially leaves new players on an almost empty server with lots of ruins of players who went on to the next server. Not very appealing to the masses. And there is still no experienced player around to ask questions.

The main reason to stay was not the safe zone. The main reason was attachment to what they had already built on the tutorial server.

Personaly one of the largest problems when players first start to play is simply no place near the starter towns to build and develop your skills.  Nearly every inch is deeded.  The starter towns themseves are to large.  New players get up set that they cant even find a single tree to cut down.  Then there is no place close to the free food for the new player to build even a 1x1 house and small farm excetera.

Suggestions:

1.  Make the starter town simple small 10x10 or so with a say 15-20 perimiter.  Give the Perimiter rapid tree replacemnt.  (maybe have preset tree locations) or simple a preset number of Old-overaged wood bearing trees that respawn once a day or so or atleast respawn everytime the server restarts.

2.  In the perimiter place access to all basic raw materials.  Clay, Sand (that can not be changed to dirt if possible).  Tar, Moss, Peat, and an iron mine or two that has braced walls and several viens of low qual iron (again have the vien refill at every server up so it never runs out).  Either make it so that the floor can not be mined (messing up the floor and make it unusable), or again have the floor reset back at each restart. 

3.  Make it so that no Deed can be placed within a set distance from the starter town.  (this will prevent two or three players from controlling all the area around the starter town which forces new players to have to travel long distances to find a place to build)  This way they build their first shanty and learn their skills then when ready to place a deed they move out into the main server area, or go join a player run town.  (if someone want to make a new player training acadamy they still can it would just be place outside the no deed area.)

4.  Build a network of roads (2 tile wide roads that cant be changed) around the starter town in the new player area that chops up the area in to relative small areas for new player enclosures (this is to prevent players from makeing a huge enclosure taking up all the area).  Also it increases the likely hood that players will out grow the area and move on leaving the small farm area to decay for the next person to use.

5.  Place guard towers through out the deed free zone.  This way new players can have relative safty yet beable to fight or assist the guards fighting.

I think these 4 things would help new playrs get started while at the same time not make it so they never want to leave the starting areas. 

Edited by Trepper

Personaly one of the largest problems when players first start to play is simply no place near the starter towns to build and develop your skills.  Nearly every inch is deeded.  The starter towns themseves are to large.  New players get up set that they cant even find a single tree to cut down.  Then there is no place close to the free food for the new player to build even a 1x1 house and small farm excetera.

Suggestions:

1.  Make the starter town simple small 10x10 or so with a say 15-20 perimiter.  Give the Perimiter rapid tree replacemnt.  (maybe have preset tree locations) or simple a preset number of Old-overaged wood bearing trees that respawn once a day or so or atleast respawn everytime the server restarts.

2.  In the perimiter place access to all basic raw materials.  Clay, Sand (that can not be changed to dirt if possible).  Tar, Moss, Peat, and an iron mine or two that has braced walls and several viens of low qual iron (again have the vien refill at every server up so it never runs out).  Either make it so that the floor can not be mined (messing up the floor and make it unusable), or again have the floor reset back at each restart. 

3.  Make it so that no Deed can be placed within a set distance from the starter town.  (this will prevent two or three players from controlling all the area around the starter town which forces new players to have to travel long distances to find a place to build)  This way they build their first shanty and learn their skills then when ready to place a deed they move out into the main server area, or go join a player run town.  (if someone want to make a new player training acadamy they still can it would just be place outside the no deed area.)

4.  Build a network of roads (2 tile wide roads that cant be changed) around the starter town in the new player area that chops up the area in to relative small areas for new player enclosures (this is to prevent players from makeing a huge enclosure taking up all the area).  Also it increases the likely hood that players will out grow the area and move on leaving the small farm area to decay for the next person to use.

5.  Place guard towers through out the deed free zone.  This way new players can have relative safty yet beable to fight or assist the guards fighting.

I think these 4 things would help new playrs get started while at the same time not make it so they never want to leave the starting areas. 

I took 5 hours trying to find a spot so I could SIMPLY PRACTICE DIGGING a few days ago.

My first foray into this game was Independence, then the second day Release. I figured Release, according to the wiki and the tutorial pop up, would have the least amount of people (possibly balanced out by size of the land being smaller) yet when kicked into Sandy Slopes every inch had been taken for what seemed miles.

Perhaps there needs to be an automatic, but temporary (30 days?), citizenship given to new players in these starter towns, with areas set aside for skill building. I saw a dummy I couldn't even practice on just out of reach inside a fence... /rolls eyes. I couldn't dig, I couldn't cut...

Actually, many newcomers are told they can use towers and call guards and to bind h say_help and so on. Whoever tells them this useful info, usually forgets to tell them, they need something targeted for guards to actually come. It should be included in tutorial or something.

There was suggested, new players respawn at the closest deed of their death point. It is a semi good idea. What if that deed is locked? The only way to get out is /suicide, which spawns u back at that same deed.

Network of roads the guy says, at least on Exodus, we have that, people still get lost or die on them. Still something every server needs.

Tutorial needs to explain more about chat channels, which also need to be renamed. GL-freedom and freedom... Why not simply Global and Server?

Trees is another thing that should be mentioned in tutorial - they take a long time to grow.

Same for decay.  Newcomers need to understand that concept.

I believe that each of the servers has a few bored people willing to he4lp new players find their bearings. Just work together and plant a medium to large deed where new players can do their learning stuff.

Areas near starter towns need to be cleaned especially on exodus. GMs should check all the deeds in the area around the starter town and just disband them if they are unused. And that is simply to make the area nicer, there's decayed fenced areas everywhere, roads that only confuse everyone leftovers that do no good - chests and beds and floor looms everywhere...

Tutorial should also suggest new players to use forums and wiki.

Edited by froggy25
  • Like 1

I just wanted to express my deepest thanks for the alternative to paypal, the Xsolla payment system. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by PenguinDoom