Sign in to follow this  
Tekada

Expressing Intrest In Hosting Impalong

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, September 14, 2013 - responding to personal attack
Hidden by Kediec, September 14, 2013 - responding to personal attack

Reading back my 6 points, only one of them is related to the JK / MR war and grudge. The rest of them rely on very pragmatic, real and practical facts. 

###### you issle, eat ###### and die

I don't get why all this hate ... I just raised my opinion on the host of this year's impalong. Ain't I entitled to that ?

Reading back my 6 points, only one of them is related to the JK / MR war and grudge. The rest of them rely on very pragmatic, real and practical facts. 

Nah, they're not. But you're too full of yourself to admit that it's just a bunch of poppycock and horsefeathers made up to try and make me look bad. At least the freedom community knows better, afterall I've been playing there for years.

But besides, I already said Im too busy IRL to host anything anyways. Not even slightly the point of the posts I've been making. I did see another thread for an impalong host that I quite like purely because he used the word "vote" in his first paragraph. I'll probably be there, probably afk inbetween free LT casts for people *shrugs*

Hi,

I'd think the best would be if the Independence community, with the help of one or two helpful GM's, would decide for a certain spot for the forthcoming impalongs, would plant a community-payed (GM-owned) deed there, would build the infrastructure needed, and would use this for all further impalongs on Indy. Once and for ever.

Year to year, the actual "holder" could be voted then, without the need to recreate the complete infrastructure each year, again and again.

Well you see you run in to an issue immediately with that suggestion, why should it be on Inde? Build one there and suddenly there's pressure for us to start doing these things on every server. I also don't think it should be GM run or paid for. It's a community event, not a staff event. It just happened to be that the last few Christmas Imp-a-longs were run by a staff member. If staff funded etc. it would also put some responsibility on WurmOnline for which there is no need at all.

Rather than have to have the perfect imp-a-long site designed by staff who clearly have plenty of time to construct somewhere and time to run it (HA! :P and incidentally, I see no reason why it would be any better if built or run by us) the community could have considered options far in advance and come together as a group to plan a deed over the year and run a number of 'build-a-longs' to actually construct the site.

As for voting in the person who runs it - well that could still be done, just need to plan for these things before starting the project.

• Like 1

Nah, they're not. But you're too full of yourself to admit that it's just a bunch of poppycock and horsefeathers made up to try and make me look bad. At least the freedom community knows better, afterall I've been playing there for years.

But besides, I already said Im too busy IRL to host anything anyways. Not even slightly the point of the posts I've been making. I did see another thread for an impalong host that I quite like purely because he used the word "vote" in his first paragraph. I'll probably be there, probably afk inbetween free LT casts for people *shrugs*

That was neither the point nor the intention of my post, to make you look bad. But if that's how it makes you feel, I recall what I said, if that makes it better.

With all this crap about who should hold it where it should be etc..

Would it be possible for it to be a player run event, but the GM team were to randomly choose a server every year, then from a list of applicants pick 1 player/deed at random to hold the event. That way the "I'll do it, no I'll do it" bull**** is avoided.

Just a thought :)

Well the problem with that is, each server would have to rebuild every year if someone stepped up and said "i'll do it, and then, no i'll do it",

All i have asked for is community support, and what people have agreed to spend time doing. Also, as a earlier statement made by alyeska, if she does indeed wish me to withdraw i shall. I said i would.

This was agreed earlier that it would be put to a vote. Thus here soon a poll needs to be fixed up, probably around october, to give more players time to step up.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, September 14, 2013 - Making Accusations against a player
Hidden by Kediec, September 14, 2013 - Making Accusations against a player

There is no rule that says Tekada is forbidden from hosting the event.

As long as Tekada is a respectful, upstanding player, not stained by controversy then I say go ahead.

To Alyeska:

But you're too full of yourself to admit that it's just a bunch of poppycock and horsefeathers made up to try and make me look bad. At least the freedom community knows better, afterall I've been playing there for years.

Alyeska, you are bad to a lot of people on the freedom cluster. We know about how you bullied players who deeded near you on Exodus and Celebration. We know how you wall them in, build 1x1's all over the place and put them down and treat them poorly in an effort to try and get them to move away. I also remember your red dragon incidents on Deliverance and Celebration and how you were involved in doing some very nasty things, even to people from your own kingdom on chaos. I know how you betrayed people who considered you a friend back on Chaos. I have spoken to people from within your own kingdom, within your own group of friends who talk behind your back because they don't like how you manipulate and treat everyone.

It's not poppycock and horsefeathers just because you say so. The freedom community does stand behind you, most of us know better. Perhaps you're the one that is too full of yourself to admit it.

I was under the impresiong by people earlier in the year that it would be Tekada hosting it.

I was more then happy to supply resources to get things going.

Now it seems that people cant decide were or who should do it.

There is no benifite to hosting .

Your location is of beter use then anything else.

As far as I see Tekada is in a good location, Inner Sea.

And having this sometime before Christmas holidays would be beter since a lot of people go away.

These events are fundamentally about providing assistance and compassion to your fellow players, loving each other in the spirit of goodwill. We can't deny that right to anyone.

Go for gold Tekada, you have my support.

Edited by RomaN

I was one of the ones that said it was way too early and a bit disrespectful.  It was my opinion and I was and am entitled to it.  I said there should be a vote and I hope that people will do that instead of having several impalongs.  But folks will do what they will.

Guys, this isn't to bicker and fight about. Say October, we revive the converstation, and this time as a poll.

With the time that it takes to get a deed ready, along with all of the supplies to run a week long event.  You might want to start the poll sooner.

It would be good for this to be decided by the community  sooner rather than later. That would set the matter at rest. allow the host time to martial the forces and ready the supplies etc.  Come everyone that is throwing your hat in the ring , lets vote. 

Sure Roman, all bark and no bite. Coming from someone, again, who's a supposed enemy ingame, and most certainly a beloved character by all on freedom *cough*

If its your intention to run by a vote tekada I suggest you set up or ask for one as soon as possible ; I have already seen other threads about impalongs posted up so it seems now is the time of interest.

You really got to love this community. And with my hugh stock of popcorn i do more with every post.  B)

//

What i can't understand tho, is what you are all fighting about. With some organisation most semi-skilled (in game skills here) players are able to throw up an impalong within two weeks. All you need is basically a location and a lot of mats for building/imping. Add some food and altars and everything is settled. Heck, most ppl coming wouldn't even mind to help building the houses with the interior. 

So the only question is, what are you planning in addition to some forges.

I believe most of the persons planning/wanting to continue the tradition of x-mas impalong are fairly capable of doing so in a very good way and have enough good ideas and also enough support to oranize a good event.

But i really wonder what you were able to organise when you would join forces instead of bitchfighting about stupid issues. Come on, swallow down a bit of your pride and everybody and get some awesome event planned.

**//

• Like 2

With some organisation most semi-skilled (in game skills here) players are able to throw up an impalong within two weeks

This. Those of us who don't care about who's hosting the event as long as it gets done would provide the hoster with high QL raw material regardless.

There will most likely be a lot of high-skilled players attending so adding things that are potentially missing wouldn't be an issue. Heck, when I got to the summer fayre a couple of days before it started there wasn't even altars present so I went ahead and made some.

Also:

• Like 1

A bit early for this whole impalong thing imo... quit pointing fingers and making it JK vs MR.

This is a freedom event, whether you're from chaos or epic or celebration doesn't matter.

Someone just make a new thread for suggesting locations and have the community pick where is best.

4)I dont feel good with myself, bringing my crafter and caster over to promote an event that will be filled with the Jenn Kellon colors. I believe the deed hosting it should be neutral.

and Issle, you'd be hanging out with all the JK that would show up if you went there anyways so you're just being an ass.

TBH, it does'nt matter WHO holds the event, As long as whoever does hold it has their deed in a central location on the server so as to make it as fair as possible for all to attend. 

TBH, it does'nt matter WHO holds the event, As long as whoever does hold it has their deed in a central location on the server so as to make it as fair as possible for all to attend. 

thats if u just want people from inde to attend,if u want it to be fair for most people,it should be on deliverance at the coast close to the chaos border exit.

What does Impalong have to do with MR vs JK vs BL or whichever fraction was arguing above? I get that you guys are enemies in the game, but c'mon now ... no disrespect, but this is not the place for this. I think a lot of us are pretty confused already, so let's collect the names of those who are willing to host it and vote instead of going at each other with " I know what you did, and I heard this and that ..." No good will come out of it, and it is simply a waste of everyone's time. Why argue for days, when it could be simply solved with a vote? I think (and I hope) whoever will be hosting it will get plenty of help from community and we can have a nice christmas event.

• Like 1

I don't think it's to do with being part of MR or JK but rather the fact that some people just don't get along with each other because of things that may have been said or done to each other. Some things are not easy to forgive or tolerate.

Going to throw my hat into the ring and offer the FoE Canal Market on Exo as a possible location.

Advantages:

Ready built workshop (see photos), just need to add forges etc, includes beds for workers

Easy access from all servers (NorthEast Exo, near the server border with Deli) - Boat, Highway, Boat bridge from Deli

Good hunting opportunities in the nearby desert

Good area for events - rowing (island course), horse race etc

Local supplies available for crops, iron etc if needed.

Room to build a couple of Inns for 100ish beds for visitors to the event.

My suggestion would be hold this early/mid December (8th to 15th) if chosen, allowing people to relax over the holidays.

A few photos:

wurm.20130912.1457_1.jpg

wurm.20130912.1500.jpg

wurm.20130912.1455.jpg

wurm.20130912.1455_1.jpg

Edited by Chulirac
  • Like 4

I'm all for Chulirac's location I've been there in the past and it's set up great for an impalong

• Like 1

Out of the three locations proposed I find the FoE location the most appealing on several levels. 

• Like 1

Would be much easyer if Wurm world was round and not a straight line of land masses and one to the side.

I think the main problem is for beter way to get to impalong.

And not have jump 2 or more land masses to get there.