Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Next Big Thing?

So what is the next big thing planned for Wurm?

I am not sure if it is just me or what but i feel that we have reached a spot where we are not seeing as many "cool" updates as we were before. We are not getting any sneak peeks or hints of anything new in the forums..heck i have not seen any staff members posting much of anything really. It just makes me wonder what they are working on all day in the Wurm offices.

Yes Brunwulf, but it doesn't take long to post a "What we have planned" thread.

• Like 1

I am somewhat certain they have more or less the same things planed as last time they posted "This is what we have plans for" post. As far as I remember it was something like, bridges, bugfixing, tweaking, new graphic stuff and so on.

Maybe i am just getting bored of the game but i feel like it has gotten stagnate for me. I had an excitement for the game before and now that all the "cool" updates and everything have come i feel i need something new to hook me back in..the next cool thing so to speak. Maybe i just need a little break from the game to get that luster back for it..idk

Edited by Kegan

Maybe i am just getting bored of the game but i feel like it has gotten stagnate for me. I had an excitement for the game before and now that all the "cool" updates and everything have come i feel i need something new to hook me back in..the next cool thing so to speak. Maybe i just need a little break from the game to get that luster back for it..idk

come to epic

• Like 1

I think you are forgetting all the bug fixes and also the recent summer holidays.

Well if i remember Rolf wanted to start working with updates the players wanted along with more PvP updates i believe?

long ago I ran into your feeling of needing some sort of reason or something to keep playing, grinding and building. Back then I went to chaos, as here I am part of a group that always have a reason for a frontline build, some one needing tools, or repairs after an attack. There is always a need for you some where for something. Thats what keeps me playing and keeps me improving. So I always have a reason to log in, not to do daily choors but to help out where its needed and being part of a team.

• Like 1

1. Fix the Pylon Mission (Cant start the building)

2. Fix Sacrificing missions of items that don't seem to exist in-game

3. Sometimes after leaving the cart, you get stuck behind walls and are non-stop teleporting, forcing you to relog because /stuck won't work.. because it says you're teleporting

4. Fix the Temple mission (Cant start the building, and how high are 100 slopes supposed to be?)

5. Fix mission locations, we have a pillar mission in the SW, we go to SW of the map (being 1/9th if we split in 9 areas) and couldn't start it

6. Animals seem to untame immideatly when sleeping in a bed, a great way to untame animals, question is, intended or not? Some people would consider this irritating, rather see a option to untame your animal and having it say "You let go of Venerable Fat Rolfkiss" so that you can be given another tamed animal by another player (or if you want to move it in a aggro animal pen, non-fo keeping multiple aggro in a pen can't add a tamed animal to it right now)

7. When I walk down my mountain, I see a Obelisk, finished (whatever the real name is). But when I come backup 10 minutes later, it won't render until I relog. It just looks like its gone.

8. When you login near a rare/supreme item (forge for example) everything within ~5 to 10 tiles of you login also has that glow

9. Being able to get multiple enchants (FB+LT) on 1 weapon while only 1 should be possible (or has this been fixed already?)

10. Freedom players shouldn't have Personal goals that can only be completed on Epic (demigod etc). If we wanted to play on Epic we would, we can't become king or be given certain titles either unless we move to Chaos/Epic.

11. Priests shouldn't have personal goals to imp items (for example), but instead cast 1000 WOA or cast 300 opulence

12. Sheep were announced about 8 months ago, what happened?

13. Any use for Karma yet on freedom?

14. Wasn't beer supposed to be in early 2012?  :)

15. Toolbelt limit over 10 for rare/supreme?

16. Leveling should be able for surfacemining, but just like normal surfacemining has a % of which you remove the rock or not, so you can be more lazy doing it, like with digging.

17. Missions ending earlier then they should?

Just a few things that bother me and should be fixed before new content is added tbh..

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 1

Some news on what we are working on will be delivered by Johan soon.

Besides all other things I have on my to do list I have start looking at graphics for the different hedges types(no e.t.a).

Also the new Crocodile are ready, we had some problem when riding it when it was swimming.  It acted like submarine :)  pretty nifty but not intended (rather cool in pvp, players crawling from  the beach on crocodiles backs ambushing the enemy  :D  ),  but that's fixed now so its on the surface.

I will also start to work on more player animations, and we have talked about updating all the Icons to new ones(if you are really really good in Photoshop I can put you to work :) )

Adding more particle effects are also something we want to do.

And my "want to fix" list goes on and on and on........

@ whykillme

"7. When I walk down my mountain, I see a Obelisk, finished (whatever the real name is). But when I come backup 10 minutes later, it won't render until I relog. It just looks like its gone."

Have to check that one.

"8. When you login near a rare/supreme item (forge for example) everything within ~5 to 10 tiles of you login also has that glow"

Known bug, are being worked on.

"12. Sheep were announced about 8 months ago, what happened?"

We need to design what the wool should be used for and for what items. But we can just throw em in as eye candy if you want :)

"14. Wasn't beer supposed to be in early 2012?"

Don't know :)  need bees.....

That's all answers I can give, the other points are for the client and server devs. 

• Like 8

Wox, I think it's super cool that you popped in and answered this concern. 

For me, it's easier to not see new things when we're reassured that there are things happening behind the scenes and they're coming.

Wox, is the avatar of libila getting worked on?

Looking forward to a slug dragon, should be a lot easier to find then the Tiny playermodel.

We need to design what the wool should be used for and for what items. But we can just throw em in as eye candy if you want :)

That would be really awesome. Someone just asked in CA Help the other day when Sheep were to be in and I had no clue. I would say that if they were implemented as eye candy there would be 101 threads about what to do with them, but thinking more realistically there will be 101 threads about more uses for the Wool even if uses are implemented with the Sheep.

On a side question, a big thing I notice that gets asked a lot is when will bridges be in. Anything for them would do nicely, since anything pertaining to them hasn't been heard in a while.

Sorry I fail to see the problem with submarine crocs.

• Like 8

Sorry I fail to see the problem with submarine crocs.

We're on the same page.

I know it's hard to give EXACT dates and ETA's as a dev, but a simple thread, daily, or weekly update on what the devs have done/worked on would be awesome.

( something else to task wossoo with! >;D )

Whenever the community can see the devs have been working on something, and sees the progress so far.. It's an amazing thing.

• Like 1

Some news on what we are working on will be delivered by Johan soon.( Very Nice indeed)

Besides all other things I have on my to do list I have start looking at graphics for the different hedges types(no e.t.a).( Gotta say that makes me just a bit nervous due to the idk 300 or 400 hedges I have landscaped my place with and im still adding more to try and finish it up. Not that I think youll make a bad choice, its more of , if it doesn't work for the look im trying to get...omg at the work im going to have to do.)

We need to design what the wool should be used for and for what items. But we can just throw em in as eye candy if you want :)Sure why not. Be very cool.

"14. Wasn't beer supposed to be in early 2012?"

Don't know :)  need bees.....Bee Hives for beer? Be making mead with honey, but none the less awesome. Need Hops for beer :) 

Edited by sunsvortex

Castle Walls and Bridges I believe are on the Coming Soon list, perhaps even for  the 1.2 update.

Edited by Xallo

Apart from the things they have already planned, there has been improvements of note. I've been playing quite some time and I am not bored. Wurm is what is, which makes it reliable for me. Threads like this sounds demotivating to me. Let the natural progression of dev be. It works well :-)

Castle Walls and Bridges I believe are on the Coming Soon list, perhaps even for the 1.2 update.

Longhouse + parapet. There's yer castle walls.

I guess for the PvE guys the game gets to be over in a way after awhile we don't have any end game stuff. I can kill anything other than uniques. I have built lots of deeds so that is even getting old now for me. I don't grind for skill so that is out for me. I have all the high end stuff like scale and drake armor so i just don't have much to do.

I use to build on my deeds for fun but i hate making bulk goods and it is hard to find a fast way to get the materials i would need.  That is why i was advocating for a faster way to make bulk goods like bricks and stuff with a workbench or something. I buy my stuff now but to get the amounts i need it is hard to be honest it takes months to get them made so i am just sitting around waiting till the next order is done and i can build for one or two days, lol

I have felt like this before but then a new server would open up or something and give me something new to do but i also understand that we don't need a new server so can't keep asking for that. I guess i will get it figured out but i feel that this happens to a lot of players. We see long term players leave all the time maybe i am just getting close to that point..idk

Edited by Kegan

I guess for the PvE guys the game gets to be over in a way after awhile we don't have any end game stuff. I can kill anything other than uniques. I have built lots of deeds so that is even getting old now for me. I don't grind for skill so that is out for me. I have all the high end stuff like scale and drake armor so i just don't have much to do.

I use to build on my deeds for fun but i hate making bulk goods and it is hard to find a fast way to get the materials i would need.  That is why i was advocating for a faster way to make bulk goods like bricks and stuff with a workbench or something. I buy my stuff now but to get the amounts i need it is hard to be honest it takes months to get them made so i am just sitting around waiting till the next order is done and i can build for one or two days, lol

I have felt like this before but then a new server would open up or something and give me something new to do but i also understand that we don't need a new server so can't keep asking for that. I guess i will get it figured out but i feel that this happens to a lot of player we see long term players leave all the time maybe i am just getting close to that point..idk

As is said before, come epic, its looks like ur done on freedom and needs to visit epic