Sign in to follow this  
KunAlt

Path Of Knolwedge

I think since the last update to PoL, now PoK is really falling behind.

PoL was allways the path with best rewards at low level, and on top of that the only path you can make money out of it, now it have very good reward on final levels too.

PoK in the other hand is totally useless at low levels, and gets its reward only after a good long grind, so maybe we pok followers needs some incentive at lower levels too?

And i´m not asking to lower the requeriments for  No skill loss or Intellect of the Enlightened, but something a bit more usefull at lower levels.

if you don´t own a trader Get Info 1 has not utility, and in top of that is easily replaced by a merchant contract and some basic arithmetics, probably the only use of Get Info 2 is spam your event tab, and the 3 is just an extension of the 1.

I love get info 2 for the ability to see what all is around me.  Use it alot.  Lets me know if I have trolls or champs nearby or maybe something else that will be some good skillup.

PoK 9 Here and slowly grinding toward 11.

I really like the "get info 2" as well, usually using it to track the champ hiding in the woods around me.

A timer on our "get info" would be at least a good change - I've lost quite a few time my abilities in a missclic - PoL have one on their grass enchant after all.

[10:29:18] The Aged starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old slow black wolf is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old scared wild cat is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Adolescent black bear is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged sly huge spider is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Venerable black wolf is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Mature starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Mature starving champion wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Adolescent champion wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old starving scared wild cat is some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged black bear is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Venerable starving mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged black bear is behind you to the left pretty close by. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old slow black wolf is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged slow black wolf is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old huge spider is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Adolescent starving slow black wolf is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old starving scared wild cat is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged brown bear is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Venerable starving slow black wolf is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged wild cat is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged hell horse is some distance away in front of you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Adolescent starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged huge spider is to the right of you fairly close by. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged scared wild cat is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old starving huge spider is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Mature scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged scared wild cat is some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Old starving black bear is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[10:29:18] The Aged scared wild cat is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged fat champion mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Old starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Old starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged black bear is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged starving slow black wolf is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Old black bear is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Old mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Old scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Old starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Old huge spider is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Adolescent starving scared wild cat is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged scared wild cat is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged starving lava spider is behind you to the right fairly close by. Below ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged starving black bear is some distance away to the right of you. Below ground.

[10:29:19] The Aged starving troll is to the right of you fairly close by. Below ground.

[10:29:19] The Old starving lava fiend is behind you to the right fairly close by. Below ground.

[10:29:19] The Old starving troll is some distance away to the right of you. Below ground.

[10:29:19] The Venerable starving black bear is some distance away to the right of you. Below ground.

[10:29:19] The Venerable starving black bear is some distance away to the right of you. Below ground.

[10:29:19] The Venerable starving huge spider is behind you to the right fairly close by. Below ground.

This is in a low populated area around Tap Dance on Cele. If i do the same around my deed on the North East desert i can get usually 3-5 times that number of lines.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good hunting area.  Still do not see the problem.  I am sorry you don't like it but I love seeing my screen scroll like that.

• Like 1

The only thing I use path of knowledge for is checking my traders ratio (had to make an alt for that), though it seems all those bonuses can be exchanged in some way unlike some bonuses on other paths.

1) You can simply calculate the ratio for traders and there is no 18 hours cooldown for that.

2) You can get a pendulum with LitD to locate champs or unique around (no cooldown)

3) Cast reveal creatures to get that same list (oh wait, no cooldown again)

other things like seeing a persons affinity... like does anyone even use that???

lol PoK followers crying? Wanna talk about Hate high levels, when lvl 11 ability is pure ###### compared to other path abilities?

I personally like the "Get Info (2)" too, it helps me quickly checking the area to avoid potential ambushes of whatever creatures out there waiting for you to feel at ease :P

Of course, if you have a Vynora priest and happen to have enough favor on you at the moment you want to cast Reveal Creatures, and don't mind that it only shows the creatures on the surface (or in the mines if you cast in inside a mine, where "Get Info (2)" shows both on the surface and inside mines at once), that spell is superior to the "Get Info(2)" as it also shows all neutral creatures, not just the aggressive ones.

This does require you to be 1.) A priest (Vynora to be specific), 2.) Have the favor needed (which can be a nuisance when regaining favor for enchantments and whatnot).

What it lacks in every day usefulness, it makes up for imo very nice later bonusses.

If Paths were to be looked into, some sort of PvE usefulness on the Path of Hate and Insanity early on would be more needed than a buff in Path of Knowledge, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I am really happy about the powers of PoK, and I think pretty much every one who has a skill above 99 is. I find it good that there is something for every one, It would be a real shame if the paths should be equaled out so they are about even numbers of people on each. There are a few with skills so high that a death would cost months of grinding to get back the lost skill, We have Pok: That in it self is extreamly valuable the other abilities are just a bonus to that. If you are not satisfied there are plenty of other paths to take. Luckely Wurm is a game with so many posibilities and different things to do, that you can easily just do something else if you dont like your curent situation.

• Like 2

I am really happy about the powers of PoK, and I think pretty much every one who has a skill above 99 is. I find it good that there is something for every one, It would be a real shame if the paths should be equaled out so they are about even numbers of people on each. There are a few with skills so high that a death would cost months of grinding to get back the lost skill, We have Pok: That in it self is extreamly valuable the other abilities are just a bonus to that. If you are not satisfied there are plenty of other paths to take. Luckely Wurm is a game with so many posibilities and different things to do, that you can easily just do something else if you dont like your curent situation.

The whole "No skill loss (except FS) upon death" is already well worth the whole meditating trip for me personally! Losing 0.25 skill in my highest skill would probably take the time to restore that it'd take to get that 50 meditaitng skill to begin with, if not longer! And that's without taking the up to 4 other skills lost taking into account.

i kmow the perks a high level are good, i´m not asking for some super op power, just something more rewarding at low lvl to alleviate a bit the grinding.

I think the PoK is fine how it is....it gives us more knowledge the the average wurm, and protects the skills and time we have played so many hours into. small price for a piece of mind knowing your 99+ skills wont take a hit upon death.

The only thing I use path of knowledge for is checking my traders ratio (had to make an alt for that), though it seems all those bonuses can be exchanged in some way unlike some bonuses on other paths.

1) You can simply calculate the ratio for traders and there is no 18 hours cooldown for that.

2) You can get a pendulum with LitD to locate champs or unique around (no cooldown)

other things like seeing a persons affinity... like does anyone even use that???

yep, people do use the getinfo for affinities.

I remember posteh using getinfo on someone to find what affinity he had, so if anyone wanted it they could be the one to get it.

It was weaponsmithing, and noone there really did weaponsmithing so it ended up not mattering, but its still a useful ability.

Path of knowledge really is one of the strongest paths with the getinfo ability, and bonus skillgain later on.

I would look at low power, where the abilities are worthless or come with crazy restrictions, or low insanity where the first two abilities are pretty much worthless.

I guess different priorities come for freedom and epic, the skill loss on epic doesn't hurt that much since you get 3x skill gain + sb + epic stuff. The skill gain increase on lvl11 seems powerful though but still takes a lot of effort to get there...

It's an alright path, the level 11 is good.  25% skillgain on top of Epic gain is a lot, but understandable all the other powers 4, 7, 9 or whatever are meh.  I like the Get Info on ground for animals, but it's a bit of a pain it's 24 hours.  It's great for PvP because it detects enemy players even if in a mine, but again, a long cooldown.  

I wish level 9 just had a bit more useful insight, a lot of it doesn't really serve much purpose.  Knowing someone's hunger or the weird statistical numbers of fight level and such.  Would be nicer if it just flat out said their fighting skill, or past kingdoms perhaps.  

Overall it's an okay path, the level 11 is great in my opinion, but the others are so-so.  I could see it getting changed, but I don't think it needs anything that major of a change, maybe just a bit of a lesser cooldown on the Get Info.  

I am biased as  PoK member, but imo it could use a little love (no pun intended).

A majority of the get info stuff is pretty useless, why not just combine one of the levels and add something new that is reasonable? Or add some more info to the final get info, maybe some interesting information for items (wurm date it was crafted and stuff, maybe the "creation" date of a player).

I guess a couple of interesting additions to get info would make me pretty happy tbh. They don't even have to be overly useful.

Edited by Haydn

I'd be happy with a timer or submenu for "get info" at this point, I'm sick of casting it while farming.

Wouldn't mind being able to "get info" to see an affinity that was still hidden too, at least then it would be useful for someone who didn't have a trader.

• Like 1

as someone who was on path of knowledge for a pretty long time, i don't really see a problem with how it is now. though i would agree with depends with get info being able to detect hidden affinities, that would be neat

• Like 1

detect hidden affinities

You mean affinities for skills you havn't unlocked yet ? Or are there any kind of affinites that arnt marked with an * next to the skill.

just one that hasn't been uncovered yet. like if a new player doesn't know their affinity

lol PoK followers crying? Wanna talk about Hate high levels, when lvl 11 ability is pure ###### compared to other path abilities?

I dunno about that, with the addition of sorcery, Hate got a buff in that it can block some sorcery spells, as scenarios progress and more people get those abilities (and when added to freedom/chaos), it will gain usefullness.

As for PoK, it is very much a path you put your alt on when you have a trader imo, could use a little love, maybe just a change to the rank 9 into something more useful rather than just an extra bit added onto the first get info

LvL11 PoK here.

Imho the advantages you get from higher PoK levels are so good that it's only fair to settle for less in the lower levels.

I mean really... no more skillloss when dying and 25% more skillgain on every skill but fighting is pretty much awesome.