Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

"healing Hands" Description Incorrect

The description of the level 11 bonus on the Path of Love says:

The Healing Hands effect lets you use your hands to heal and treat wounds, the amount healed is double that of cotton.

I'm on level 12 at the moment and I tried to test this several times. Activating one of my hands gives no menu option to heal wounds, neither in the wound's context menu nor in the hands'. So "use your hands" is incorrect. However, using cotton for healing really seems to have a better effect than before - not quite sure though.

If you are really supposed to use your hands instead of cotton, we have a bug here. Maybe one of the devs can clarify?

I think this is a pasive bonus that increase the healing amount, so the text is a bit missleading since there is nothing to activate.

Or maybe i´m totally wrong?

What it does

Double healing from cotton and similar (e.g salves)

Double healing from Life transfer (or smiliar spells E.G drain life, Fo heals)

This effect is not just a self effect, E.G if you use cotton to heal someone it still takes effect

The hands suggestion was something suggested, the name was taken, but the effect was changed, not sure why it says anything about hands though, patch notes state the above (in patch note form (so slightly confusing as per normal))

Edited by Bart

... so we should change the Wurmpedia text then, I guess.

• Like 2

Wow that's a bit misleading. I almost decided to follow this path because of that.

Sure this isn't a bug?

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Wow that's a bit misleading. I almost decided to follow this path because of that.

Sure this isn't a bug?

Certain, patch notes state the effects

good thing too...

you realise that the current effect is like 100x better than having some hands that act like cotton right?

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

• Love path level 11 now have Healing Hands effect and heals and treats wounds double as well, and life stealing is double

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/84101-anti-lag-and-anti-griefing/

Edited by Bart
  • Like 1

Love path level 11 now have Healing Hands effect and heals and treats wounds double as well, and life stealing is double

It may just be poor wording, but the bold part seems like an addition to the "healing hands effect", and as well seems to confirm that idea.  It doesnt act this way of course, but would be nice to get an actual word on if it is or isn't supposed to.

Yeah from what it says on the news it sounds like it's bugged, dev response pls :(

Well, what i said is what it currently does, so probably best to update it as doing that for now, until such a time as devs mark the whole hands part a bug or not :)

Ok, well I believe I reworded it better, and added it's effect also works on others, so we shall see how that works. If someone wants to word it better then by all means please do so, or tell me how to word it better and I will do so.