Sign in to follow this  
Akiyama

Village Recruitment Board In Game.

So this idea is kinda nice and i think many people would agree

1. Villages create a profile at the token and toggle a "Fee" if they want to have it show up on the post board at the local starter town. 25-50c a month added to the upkeep.

2 the Board is at all the major spawn towns next to where the new members spawn.. and a prompt pops up suggesting for them to take a look at the board for a  village or venture out on there own. ( Some Epic Servers should be excluded. )

3 This allows New members to easily find a village that suits there play style and.. as it is in game.. it also has a higher chance to be use.. because the new players are more likely to look at something in game, then tab out and spend 20 minutes trying to dig thought new and old village recruitment guides..

4 it brings a slightly bit more money to the server.. and has a usable function that in the long run will help build the player base more.. Most people who join and quit in the first few days because its hard and they die a lot.. this gives new players a chance to go right in to village life and.. they might stay longer even prem up. * me in example.. ive ben in this village for over a year and i joined my village the date i joined on this avatar.+

I think that is an excellent idea, even more so because there is a greater chance of a deed being active if it has it's profile in the box, then some of the outdated recruitment threads here on the forums. I'm not so much concerned with getting more money from the players, since things like this are money sinks. Overall I think it is one of the better ideas I've heard over the past many months, one that is viable to add, has no damaging effects, and helps newer players who are always asking if there is a village they can join.

In principle this is a superb idea. If new players could join a village through such a mechanism, a lot of the initial pain of journeying and repeatedly dying on the way can be taken away (although some might call this process "initiation" :D).

I'd have some worries about it:

1. deed activity: village owners would probably just forget that they put something up on the board. Seeing how many villages are still paying upkeep for 4+ months after the owners leave, inactive deeds would be much more of a problem than on the forums, where thread bumping is an activity indicator.

2. moderation needed: as in any user content, this would need some moderation to avoid entries like "accept any active player, just no <racist expletives>".

3. matching playstyle and timezone: there needs to enough information given for informed choices and good match-ups. The UI just offers a fraction of possibilities that the forum has.

How I could see this work is that village owners actually don't put up their own text, but instead just flag their village as accepting new people. Then, the board will only show that village when the mayor (or any villager with recruitment rights?) is online. There could be an interface to sending a tell... and to remotely accepting a player into the village in a role of the mayor's (villager's) choice.

Good idea but how about some tweaks here:

1. Fee have to be renewed manually.

2. Either on spawn or a command or an option like /villages. Only villages that pay the fee will be displayed on the list, so pvp can use this as well.

3. Options from the 'village ads' only tell you where to go to apply (pvp communities usually use theirs own system to invite people in), wait mayor approval to be accepted, or auto acceptance based on minimum requirements.

4. Simple requirements can be set such as prem / not prem, fee to join, and total playtime. Also option to let applicant to leave message or not.

5. On acceptance, player can teleport to the village for one time only. *Exploitable, esp on pvp.. maybe make it have cooldown like kingdom conversion? 

• Like 1

Amazing idea but i think it should be on every server even Epic (including Elevation). I would pay a little extra so people could read a little about my deed and what it offers without having to check forums or send pm's or travel long distances to get there.

Just a blurb of writing about the deed and its requirements for new members etc would be enough and a few names for the person to PM

Would also be nice if they could Apply in game and it show up for the Mayor on login so he knows somebody is interested!

+1, especially with Rose's first amendment (requiring manual renewal).

I would avoid any auto-joining process though. Simply being able to list your village, with a contact name and some free-text information about the village (for location, playstyle, timezones, etc) would be enough for me.

Marsh - I don't see why moderation would be a major problem. This is no different from item naming, or deed mottos, or a dozen other ways that people can be offensive. All of these can be handled through the /support function.

Lots of potential, maybe have it like some games do, you can apply to join at starter deed token and then the mayor/diplomats can accept or decline and invite you long distance, but no funky teleport mechanic