Sign in to follow this  
Rathgar

In-Game Pm With Sound Notification.

I was wondering, wouldnt it be good to have some sort of sound notification for when you get a new private message, or when a channel that you are following  has a new response.

• Like 1

GL chat

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BIEPPPPP BEP BEEP

I always turn off message sounds in every possible game/software

+1 anyway, because every optional update cannot hurt me, can turn it off if i dont like it.

Edited by silakka

GL chat

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BIEPPPPP BEP BEEP

I always turn off message sounds in every possible game/software

+1 anyway, because every optional update cannot hurt me, can turn it off if i dont like it.

I agree GL chat would be annoying, I was mostly going for the first private message of a conversation, when the window first opens.  Or when the first "update" o a window is made (the blinking).

also a notification sound when GMs have an important message, as for example: Do not cross servers right now, because -----.

• Like 1

never happen...use of a tell from a GM is one of the many ways they check for macros. 

Just have Wurm Assistant bleep in response to the < character in PM or whichever channel you wish to monitor, which is always gonna be there as it flanks the names of people in PM. Super simple stuff.

• Like 1

Sometimes I have up to 10 different windows going at once, I don't need sounds going off for all of them all the time. There is already a red flash to indicate that there is something new since you checked the window last, that should be enough.

Would be nice to have a panel to set them yourself; 

Village; drop down select box with > Off / On - Default sound / On - Local sound file (browser file select dialogue pops up)

Alliance; same

Team; same

Kingdom Chat; same

Global Chat; same

Friends overall; same

- Friend 1; Default friend sound / Off / On - Default sound / On - Local sound file

- Friend 2; Default friend sound / Off / On - Default sound / On - Local sound file

Other PM; same

- Maybe the option to set manual player names here like you can do with friend, only you can type the name yourself.

Would be cool to have the default sound of each to be different, or maybe be able to choose from several options. Would be nice to select a fart sound to go off when my BF messages me. Just like RL :D

Edit: Forgot team

Edited by Nadineb
  • Like 1

Hell no......next it will be "you've got mail......"  :blink:

Edited by Protunia

Hell no......next it will be "you've got mail......"  :blink:

I think I'd like that actually! :D