Sign in to follow this  
demondan

Mobs Attacking Untamed Rided Horses

This has to be one of the stupid mechanics in wurm. You cannot simply go out hunting on a horse without having a 50/50 chance that a creature you have targeted goes for your horse FIRST. WTF IS THE DEAL WITH THAT? It serves no purpose but to PISS OFF those that are hunting. I go out to enjoy my time in wurm but all i get is ###### RAGE FROM HUNTING. My heart hpysically cant take this anymore by how much ###### rage i get when each and every creature i target decides to target my horse instead, again and again and again and agina AND AGINA AND AIGINA AND AGINA AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. i cut my time in wurm short because of how fuckign annoying stupiud mechanic this is  and i just cannot phsyically stand this big fu to the hunter. ###### this game mechanic 

• Like 15

brqqq made this suggestion at the 2012 wurm meet 

• Like 4

Why should'nt they, sometimes, go after the horse? Also, it keeps you alert.

Edited by permo
  • Like 2

Barding, and avoid starving mobs. Normal mobs don't usually go for the horse. And this has been around for almost a year. Its true most mob-related mechanics should have been tweaked when they increased the cap. But this is wurm, forethought isn't one of the dev's strengths.

Its not just horse killing. All annoying critter related stuff increased, troll bashing walls (even freaking arched walls on houses). Corpse litter, Having to stop every 10s to kill a mob that wandered into your deed, etc. But at least now bardings look good.

• Like 4

Just dont target the creature that your atacking, if you dont automatically get fight window, it's usally attacking your mount.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 2

The whole attacking horses thing is just retarded now. If I was to get off my horse it would still get fighting the horse even after I have gotten off of it, doesn't that seem a bit over kill or do people think this is perfectly fine and acceptable?

When you go up to a creature it will say "...moves into attack you." that means it's targetting you.

You can also right-click and taunt it if it's on your horse. :P

• Like 2

+1

This is just annoying. mobs should not auto target horses, even if they are tamed.

*traditional sarcastic response about how you're a noob and are raging blabla*

It happens, and it sucks, but if you're careful, you will be able to get away and not have to embarrass yourself on the forums lol...

• Like 4

+1

This is just annoying. mobs should not auto target horses, even if they are tamed.

tower guards going after enemy horses is also annoying but it keeps you alert same as mobs going after the horse my opinion is keep it

• Like 1

Theres a difference between staying alert and getting pissed off, and I think this mechanic crosses the boundaries sometimes. The chance should at least be lowered if anything. I don't think I've owned a single horse longer than a week because of this, most of them don't even make it past Mature.

• Like 1

Is there any truth in my observation that a previously tamed creature will be attacked more often than a never-tamed animal? As soon as I started using a barded creature, to help keep it protected, the amount of times the horse was attacked increased vastly. It went from being rarely attacked, to being attacked as much as 10% of the time. 

It seemed that giving it the barding actually put it at more risk of dying, particularly when hunting hard hitting creatures for 70+ FS skill gain. A greenish lava spider can destroy a horse very fast, even with barding.

Edited by Delakar

when I stopped messing around with Starving mobs like Reaver mentioned my frustration went down 90% then add on the tip Ausimus suggested I got another 9% =) its not an issue for me and it def keeps you awake

BB

• Like 1

Personally I don't mind it. Horses really made pve easy street.

Things going after the mount adds a certain degree of danger back.

• Like 5

I dont want to 'give attention' to this, as it shouldnt be in the game. I dont want to keep reading my combat tab to see if the creature moves into attack me, and if it hasnt, i dont want to waste another 1-2 minutes backing up until the creature FINALLY goes for me. Im sick of riding away every time a creature targets my horse, and i dont want to do workaround for the creatures to target me, backing off or using a cart. all these workaround just show how stupid the mechanic is if the players desperately try to find a way around it. Past 96fs im sure ive dealt with it enough.

It's annoying, I agree since I've accidentally gotten a lot of horses killed, but it serves a purpose. Making it so that they attack the horse is an attempt to balance the fact that on a horse we're terribly OP when out hunting. We have height advantage and a quick way of escaping when things turn sour. I'd rather see that the current system is kept than that they remove the height advantage or made horses slower.

• Like 1

Most creatures are starving so we dont get much of  a choice.

• Like 1

I agree with the op mobs attacking your horse does not sense and takes away from the enjoyment of the game tower guards attacking your horse however is a logical mechanic sometimes you just cannot avoid losing your horse even with barding as it moves slower when hurt not to mention this only takes running past a mob that manages to hit it within the first second of combat, taunting takes time and doesnt always work, extremely frustrating

They could always leave the mechanic in but change it so if the player attacks the mob switches target to the player automatically would make a whole lot more sense and be far less annoying  :)

Edited by camobeast

I've lost a few horses in the past due to crocs / trolls hitting the horse instead of me... a hurting horse is a dead horse with those.

Now i'm using a 70 QL leather AoSP barding - and a full WoA 70 QL saddle / horses shoes... horse is a bit slower than a normal riding horse tho i haven't lost it yet... and i'm out hunting almost everyday and with a lot of aggroes targeting the horse.

Sometime i kill the said aggroe before the horse get really hurt, some other times i can just run away - heal the horse - and get back into the fight.

never had any issues, for me its more like 90% goes for me and 10% for the horse. It's easy to see as kswords stated by the: moving in to attack you. Otherwise taunt or run out and back in... its not such a big pain.

Time to start raising that taunt skill.

Killed 0 horses on independence, 2 horses on chaos. One is facing a champion giant spider.. it was me, another person, a pet, and two horses and so I don't know it target the horse.. Another time is when I run straight to enemy tower in hope of grabbing three sol demon corpses :P ...

I don't find mobs targeting horse to be a problem especially now I make sure target them with spell first to guarantee they are attacking me. And if I don't aware a mob near me, usually they target my pet. If I weren't lazy and raise taunting skill of course the event with champion giant spider won't happen. 

Tower guards is another different beast. Get into bunches of them and let them make a lucky hit to the horse leg.. it pretty much D: .. add it with difficult terrain, a tons of trees, etc etc.. say good bye to horsie. The only survival rate prolly 20kmph+ on grass slopes horse.

• Like 1

I cant keep a horse alive, its come to a point where I would rather walk than have to ask for new horses all the time, while carrying the horse gear home on foot.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, September 2, 2013 - Flamebaiting
Hidden by Kediec, September 2, 2013 - Flamebaiting

OP, stop being a #######  ######## baby, and learn how to ####### Taunt already.