Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

Lead A Horse Or Pet Over The Server Border

Speaks for it self, All powerful Devs, show off your fancy coding skills please and make us all very happy.

Would be great, except that each server has an animal cap, so moving across the servers will increase and decrease spawns. So you will end up with one server having very little spawns rates, and another having giant rates, based on the animal traffic crossing. So would not be feasible to move animals across the servers.

is the animal cap really a valid argument though? Rolf showed to us that the animal cap was arbitrary when he raised it by 10,000. On top of that, I can't see thousands of animals going only 1 way across a server.

With that having been said, I don't like the idea of animals crossing server borders.

-1000 no way in heck a new server should have 5 speeds on day one when they are 50c on old servers

is the animal cap really a valid argument though? Rolf showed to us that the animal cap was arbitrary when he raised it by 10,000. On top of that, I can't see thousands of animals going only 1 way across a server.

With that having been said, I don't like the idea of animals crossing server borders.

Fair point.

And I second that last statement.

-1000 no way in heck a new server should have 5 speeds on day one when they are 50c on old servers

That's the reason new servers arn't always connected anymore.

At least on Epic, this would be great. People could raid other servers and bring their own mounts. Home servers could also sell mounts to people on Elevation if they ever need more.

Freedom would benefit from this too because they would receive a new horse market from Chaos. If things get sour for one kingdom for some reason and they are low on horses, they could buy some from sellers on freedom..

Edited by Sir Arowhun

If you wanna be able to take horses over may as well lift the CR nerf while you're at it

I don't think this is necessary

It is silly we cant. Sheep arent necessary either or bison or or or

Really destroy animal caps and may as well lift the CR nerf? Cuz this would damage sooo muc and be OP. Really? It would benefit pvp and sales of horses while promoting more interaction between servers.

-1, PS smejack, may wanna get that DS ( Derailing Syndrome) looked at :P

*whispers* if you find a good doc for it, let me know who.

Edited by Radni

I tried to mail a horse once, had trouble getting it into the mailbox.... And even more trouble getting it back out again o.O.

+ 1 / -1 to this suggested change, whilst I can see the benefits there's some inherit balancing issues as well as it changes the PvP dynamic.

Cheers

• Like 1

It's not a fair update for the people who have started off fresh, breeding new 5 speeds from nothing. 

I don't think it's a good idea, it is working fine the way it is,

Freedom would benefit from this too because they would receive a new horse market from Chaos. If things get sour for one kingdom for some reason and they are low on horses, they could buy some from sellers on freedom..

Our horses tend to die relatively frequently, I'm not sure you'd find many spares coming from Chaos but we also tend to produce enough for our needs.

Leading/transporting animals in mass to other servers - no, just for the ability to move your tame pet - maybe.

-1, PS smejack, may wanna get that DS ( Derailing Syndrome) looked at :P

*whispers* if you find a good doc for it, let me know who.

Excuse me? Having to use crappy horses while raiding home servers or having an alt store them somewhere for you makes raiding them more difficult so I ask you how exactly my comment was derailing when that's exactly what the CR nerf does also.....

The cr nerf means nothing when you got 80-90 fs like any pvper worth a lick of salt on epic.

So you think a horse that will die in a few shots will unbalance home server raiding? I can set up a small horse pen right on your server and get the same effect.

Heh careful poking the Smejack.

Anyways, shipping animals across borders would be awesome.

Only decent argument I have never seen against it has been how to handle the animal caps.

I've rarely ever seen raiding slowed down by the lack of such shipments. Even in the beginning of cross-server raiding it was simple enough to use alts, allies, or just take what mounts were available. Not to mention simply hoofing it the short distances from one's ship.

I know you can what I am saying is that the effort required is more if you really want your own horses there as opposed to just leading them over. The old effort = reward thing rather than having everything served to you on a silver platter.

Heh careful poking the Smejack.

Anyways, shipping animals across borders would be awesome.

Only decent argument I have never seen against it has been how to handle the animal caps.

I've rarely ever seen raiding slowed down by the lack of such shipments. Even in the beginning of cross-server raiding it was simple enough to use alts, allies, or just take what mounts were available. Not to mention simply hoofing it the short distances from one's ship.

Hoofing it xD punny. Either way, still no no and a double no.

If you can't live without 5-speeds when you raid home servers, too bad :3 die or have an alt breed them if you want to spend the time.

Wild horses are common enough ( Atleast all over JKH) that if raiders on foot did a little looking around, they'd all be mounted in no time.

+1, it's sad that you can't take the horse to ride it after disembarking on another island. Maybe add the requirement of taming, to stop ill-minded players from attempting to move them in hundreds.