Sign in to follow this  
Stackus

Bank Token

It would be great if there was a token-like bank you could buy from traders and then plant that would allow players to withdraw or deposit money. There are many markets and personal merchants located away from settlement tokens or where settlement tokens are inaccessible. This would allow travelers easy access to their money while exploring new areas, and more freedom for people designing and locating markets, merchants and traders.

• Like 3

I kind of like that there's risk involved when visiting a distant trader. Mainly that someone could intercept and kill you and steal all your silver. If there was a 100% safe and convenient 1-click solution, even for an initial nominal fee, would ruin that part of le game. Freedom-only maybe?

I kind of like that there's risk involved when visiting a distant trader. Mainly that someone could intercept and kill you and steal all your silver. If there was a 100% safe and convenient 1-click solution, even for an initial nominal fee, would ruin that part of le game. Freedom-only maybe?

You're probably right. I didn't think about how it would affect PvP. I was just thinking about the economic benefits

I don't live on freedom but it sounds like something that could be good for it. Just a big no to doing it on PvP servers.

Kinda 50/50.

However, the largest ones Ive seen were offdeed. Latest example is the general hog-pog around Serenity's (JKH Epic) starter deed, Strongbox.

Even Vean has gotten in on the act with Led-mart.

- They could have ATM fees that go to the owner or to village upkeep. e.g. "Withdraw 1s= 10i, Deposit 1s= 10i".

- The fee could be set up like the beds with a few options (No fee, 1i, 10i, 1c...)

- A high purchase price or mandatory minimum spacing could be ways to keep them from being too prolific.

- Maybe you only see the option to buy one from a trader once you found a deed.

Problay better to sandbox banking more. Only allow players to withdraw at their own token or if no citizenship/token then from main spawn token.
And then create a full blown banking system, people could build banks and create networks of them, so money can be taken out of each bank that is networked to others., clients could hire safety depoist space and so on, have fees and compete with each other. Sounds more exciting. :D.
For freedom anyway, if you die only you can collect off your corpse so your coins are fairly safe when traveling.

And Epic well. If you travel with coins on a PvP you should have a high risk of losing them if you cant defend yourself. That is PvP. That is also the reason I wish not to play on PvP. If that is to much to bare PvP is not for them.

Edited by AlexLong