Sign in to follow this  
watkins141

Forges On Multi Story Houses

So i don't know anyone else's thought about this, but i find it ugly when i have the tops of my forges popping out of my floor, could it be possible to make them smaller? Possibly make houses higher?

Edited by watkins141
  • Like 1

Stack em. Can never have too many forges.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I was once thinking about suggesting making a bigger chimney that could go through the floors until the roof. Might look funny, but that's only my suggestion.

• Like 1

+1 to doing something different, I don't want to stack them cause I only need one crafting area so I have mine on the top floor of my house which makes it a pain to get to lol. 

Totally agree with having a way to build extended chimneys. Maybe could be a craft (like 5 bricks, 5 clay and it would just make a cilinder to place atop current chimneys that would extend them upward, or could be done automatically.

I'd just say change the model to fit in a house, it had some errors on it earlier (don't know if it got changed anytime in between) and way too many polys.

Another option is to just add a new forge, something like this: forge.jpgIMG_0320.JPG

blacksmith-2.jpgblacksmith-operating-his-bellows.jpg

Having a separate model is actually a nice idea. Skyrim has some nice forges which could fit indoors:

450px-Forge.png

Maybe something similar just without the anvil and water part?

Edited by Edvinas
  • Like 2

I enjoy the look of a skyrim forge, if wurm could use that look that would be awesome.

Something like the Skyrmim forge looks nifty.. atm the current forge looks like an oven eh?

I would vote for the Skyrim style of a forge too, looks so much nicer than the Wurm forges.

+1 for a new style maybe without a chimney, or one that exits a distance out the back of the forge instead of the top. 

Edited by Emane

+1 for the model mentioned about Skyrim/open forges. Looks great. 

If I hadn't seen pictures and models, I would be opposed to the removal of the forge chimneys.

Now, however, I am totally for it! Open-style forges FTW!

+1

Honestly this being just a simple model change it shouldn't be hard to do. Let's get some more votes and hopefully it will happen.

+1 to forge model change, looks awesome.

As for models with chimneys, maybe the collision zones could be tweaked so you could push the chimney-part out through the wall for an external-chimney look.

Still in favour of multi-storey chimneys though. Perhaps an option to select height of chimney-stack by the person who finishes it, like the way the bed rent rates work. And/or could be limited by item quality - 1 stack per 10ql available to select - or by carpentry or masonry skill level.