Sign in to follow this  
vespasian

Can A Rare Turn Rarer?

I've had numerous successful drumrolls imps on a supreme 2h maul, it hasn't turned fantastic.

Can someone please confirm if you can turn a rare rarer, I don't mind either way, just want to know if I'm wasting my time.

Thanks.

Yea, it can turn to fantastic but, change to get success in drumroll event is bit slim. Keep trying, maybe it works evenly. ;)

It can, but you need to understand it's a very small %

Rare, Supreme, Fantastic.

To you guys saying it can, do you have direct knowledge of this happening or is it something you've heard?

Personal experience: I had 8 drum rolls on a supreme item, it was a giant waste of time.

Edited by Tryfaen

Rare can become supreme can become fantastic, but the chance seems to be the same as the item becoming that level of rarity to begin with.  Two rares don't make a supreme, you could say.  You are wasting your time, if only because the chance for a fantastic upgrade is so infinitesimal.

Tryfaen:  I have a greatsword that was normal when assembled, turned rare while improving to 50ql, and later became supreme during a maintenance session.

Noiz, so you're basically saying it makes no difference in your chance from imping a supreme to get fantastic, or creating a brand new fantastic item? Therefore, the original state of the object makes no difference in your chance.

It makes sense and I'm fine with it, just wish it was explained that way by someone.

Edited by vespasian

Yes I had a rare large anvil turn Supreme while imping it to 90ql

Does anyone know of any Fantastic items in-game? I've personally never seen one. (An actual item, like a tool/weapon etc, not dirt/rock shards)

Edited by Outlaw

I know we're in the realm of anecdotal evidence here, but I've imped and reimped so many rare weapons and tools that I've lost count, and my own rare shield dozens of times alone.  In all that improving, I've only ever had the one item go from rare to higher, and that was the aforementioned greatsword.

Conversely, whenever I'm given a big pile of items to improve, at least one usually goes rare.  If all it took was a standard successful rare roll on an item to make it go from rare to supreme or fantastic, then half my village's arsenal would be fantastic by now, and I'm sure that'd be the case with prolific crafters across the game.  Since that doesn't seem to be happening, I'm left thinking that the chance to go from rare to supreme/fantastic is the same as the chance to go supreme/fantastic in the first place.

• Like 1

I think I heard Rolf say something along the lines of ...

When a drum roll is triggered, there's a chance of nothing happening, a small chance of a rare, a smaller change of a supreme, and a smaller chance of a fantastic.   (With the exception for materials which always give something)

So if the roll gave nothing, a rare, or a supreme while working on a item that was already supreme, then you would see no effect.  You need to trigger one of those fantastic rolls, which are extremely uncommon.

• Like 1

I know we're in the realm of anecdotal evidence here, but I've imped and reimped so many rare weapons and tools that I've lost count, and my own rare shield dozens of times alone.  In all that improving, I've only ever had the one item go from rare to higher, and that was the aforementioned greatsword.

Conversely, whenever I'm given a big pile of items to improve, at least one usually goes rare.  If all it took was a standard successful rare roll on an item to make it go from rare to supreme or fantastic, then half my village's arsenal would be fantastic by now, and I'm sure that'd be the case with prolific crafters across the game.  Since that doesn't seem to be happening, I'm left thinking that the chance to go from rare to supreme/fantastic is the same as the chance to go supreme/fantastic in the first place.

I can testify that noiz is a lucky charm on this, gave him 5 normal weapons to imp, got one rare hammer back.

Edited by ReaverKane

also to add

it's as easy to make 100 rare butchers as 1 supreme butcher

you can only imagine what it's to make fantastic.

it's as easy to make 100 rare butchers as 1 supreme butcher

Where do you get this information? Or was that an estimate?

It's almost certainly not true. The rate seems to be around 5:1 to 10:1.

Edited by Aflacduck

I believe the chance to turn supreme into a fantastic is the same chance as turning a normal item fantastic from improving.

If it helps, I've had items go from normal to supreme while imping.

my rare and supreme dirts xD

im reaching 99digging soon

Aye they can skip one or more levels, while never going down (afiak).