Sign in to follow this  
evilspot

Allow Merchants To Be Managed By Multiple Accounts.

It would be nice to allow members of my Village or my Alts to manage merchants though a permissions system setup by the owner of the Merchant Contract.  Its a real pain sometimes to have log in and out to remove or add items to my merchant.

With a simple check box system you could allow or disallow Friends, Alliance members, or Village members to do help lessen this burden.

Allow/disallow removal if items check box

Allow/disallow addition of items check box

Allow/disallow removal of money on the merchant.

Allow/disallow removal of the merchant

There are many instances I have encountered where this would be very handy.

Thoughts?

Edited by evilspot
  • Like 1

+1

Very good for people that have multiple accounts, village merchants, or Wurm companies. 

However I can see Rolf not going for this, could possibly functionally decrease silver revenue from merchants.

+1

Very good for people that have multiple accounts, village merchants, or Wurm companies. 

However I can see Rolf not going for this, could possibly functionally decrease silver revenue from merchants.

That could be the case, but making merchants more accessible to multiple parties would theoretically fill their capacity quicker thus the need for the purchasing of multiple merchant contracts.  It definitely would be interesting to see exactly how the numbers would play out if this were implemented.

Don't see it being much different from multiple controllers and access across ships, writs, deeds, etc.

Good idea, more people taking care of merchant could mean better supplied merchants.

In some situations I could see it working, but only if all the earned silver is headed to the same place.

Trying to work out who sold what separately would be a real pain I expect.

In some situations I could see it working, but only if all the earned silver is headed to the same place.

Trying to work out who sold what separately would be a real pain I expect.

My suggestion is for a shared merchant maintained by a community that pools their money.  If you want to keep all the money to yourself, buy another merchant contract and restrict access to your own toon or Alt.

Seeing as a lot of people use merchants as cheap magic chests, not sure this would be such a great idea myself

+1 I think it should be an available option

I can see plenty of squabbles arising from it, with people taking money off for items that weren't theirs and taking items for free. But that's a case of managing your permissions properly, just like for boats - a player problem of security, not a dev problem.

+1

And add another checkbox for managing prices while we are at it

I like it.

But...I don't think F2P can place merchants (players can continue to use merchants after premium run out,iirc). If this lets them access and use them it could be used to circumvent that F2P restriction. I would definitely use it to give my F2P deed holder alts access to merchants placed on those deeds. I could at my convenience place merchants with main and give the F2P guy access to maintain it.