Sign in to follow this  
Addeny

Option To Set Rules For Individual Doors/persons Allowed Past Door

So you could choose to apply one set of rules to all doors, or set the rules for individual doors ourselves, even adding a guest to an individual room. Each room would start out matching all the rules set on the writ, but then the writ holder could set whether certain peoples are allowed past there and what they're allowed to do in that room. Sort of like "manage roles" for each room. It would be a great way to have a living space around an enclosed store, and would even allow for things such as apartments or condos.

or you could just give door locks matching keys, but that'd be sort of obnoxious ;)

Edited by Addeny

easy fix... build small houses next to eachother and name them to what u type of "room" u want it to be...

When addind to a building thats already finished, would the new adjoining building have its own writs and management capabilities? so you could have anyone enter the "shop" so to speak and only you and anyone else you chose to have access to the living part of the building? though not sure how it would work if you wanted a door that leads from one to the other internally

well, the door to the living area would be renamed, and under the building writ, it would have its own section so you could choose who would be allowed to pass through the door

This is something I want to see badly. +1

This would allow apartments, guest rooms, storefronts with a private back room, safe storage rooms, etc.

+1 to the overall idea, whichever way it has to work. Would be nice to be able to make apartments, more housing in a smaller space is what is needed to grow a villages playerbase.

I saw someone else suggest this and like it a lot. Keys giving you management options like minedoors. Couple that with a key ring and we have an awesome system. Very simple as well. Works for Chests, gates, anything lockable.

Would require adding a key to go with door locks

Craft able key rings would be best for when selling a building or deed as well.

+1 I like the idea of individual internal doors working like minedoors once they have a lock fitted. Saves reprogramming door locks to have keys and trying to keep track of who has a copy, and trying to get copies back or having to change the lock if a guest doesn't return the key for some reason.

This has been suggested so many times...

and ignored so many times - damn shame.

I give it my +1. It's kinda hard to have group housing with internal walls without any way to control access to individual doors.