Sign in to follow this  
Theflash

Motivation To Play Wurm More

Hi everyone, let me start by saying that I have been playing gmod a lot more now since the server I play on has a new map. I need some motivation to play wurm again because I usually scrape through upkeep on my deed and now I really know I need money for upkeep and premium but I am to lazy to do all the jobs myslf because it all feels so long to make all the things for so little money but for now could you guys please post some pictures, stories or anything that had a fun experience that you have had ( preferably stories ) thanks :)

I have set myself what seems to be an impossible goal of making a 90ql compass, I might take a break every now and again but that is my goal and its what keeps me going too.

• Like 2

I spent the last 3 months surfacemining half a mountain dead flat, looks really pretty now it's done :D

• Like 1

got bored of independence life, tried to participate on managing an event (not ready to held the event myself) but that was months to go. Curious about the so called dramas of chaos server and when friend on my alliance tells stories about HotS I decide to hop in. I enjoyed the dramas (free game of thrones alternative!)so far and the game's randomness decides to pick me to be a centerpiece of the drama.

Now.. I just can't stop playing don't I? *evil chuckles as she plan evil things*

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 3

I spent the last 3 months surfacemining half a mountain dead flat, looks really pretty now it's done :D

Pictures or it didnt happen :o! jk :D sounds... difficult but a challenge

I hired someone to surface mining and I becoming one of reason he lost motivation on wurm o.o ....

Yes poor Tekada is mining and bouncing off rubber walls and floors now.

Haha just kidding he is taking a brake.

I'm having a hard time being motivated to play Wurm too...only now log on to make sure animals arent dying and getting a meditation in here and there. Finding nothing to really 'lift' the Wurmian way of life. Guess Im just taking a break from the tedious repetitiveness of it all and trying to enjoy something they call "real life".

Breaks are never a bad thing....right?

• Like 1

I hear a lot of people saying the biggest Discouragement to playing Wurm is the negative effect from the changes to Farming.

It is gone from a fun thing you do quickly every three to five RL days, to a two stage Chore that double the amount of time it takes to Harvest a field.

People say They want to build roads, improve their village or go and explore the vast continent of Indy.

But the new Farming Chore means they can't go too far from home or they will only get 1 or 2 items from a Harvest.

Farming needs fixing.  It is really discouraging to the neubs and non prem to only get 1 item instead of the previous minimum of 2.

They can no longer feed themselves.

Food for thought.

Cheers! Hughmongus

• Like 3

You want motivation yet you play on Freedom.

Freedom is painful to play - Epic is the only way.

Epic is true Wurm, Freedom is Wurm with a violence/adult filter on, it blocks out all the good stuff and all the drama and passion that comes with it. If you want true fun in Wurm, play PvP. I haven't played Chaos, but Epic is just so incredibly good. I tried to go back to Freedom once and every second I spent there was painfully boring after having played Epic.

Remember, on Epic, everything you do counts much more - every wall you build, every level you gain, every single thing goes to a higher end than on Freedom. Even if you don't like fighting on the frontline, or even if you don't like defending your kingdom's lands, there is still tons to do to contribute to your kingdom's future and those of your neighbours and friends and so on.

Things you do in Epic ripple much harder and further through the flow of Wurm time, you count much more and everything is so much more meaningful.

So if you need motivation, Epic is the place!

I hear a lot of people saying the biggest Discouragement to playing Wurm is the negative effect from the changes to Farming.

If you don't tend the field and only tend once before harvest you will get the old harvest minus one.. not a big deal. What so matter, tending farm is how you get skillgain. As for the yield for 0 farming characters, that might have to be rechecked. At any case, this is not the thread to rant about it.

Freedom is painful to play - Epic is the only way.

Epic is true Wurm, Freedom is Wurm with a violence/adult filter on, it blocks out all the good stuff and all the drama and passion that comes with it. If you want true fun in Wurm, play PvP. I haven't played Chaos, but Epic is just so incredibly good. I tried to go back to Freedom once and every second I spent there was painfully boring after having played Epic.

Remember, on Epic, everything you do counts much more - every wall you build, every level you gain, every single thing goes to a higher end than on Freedom. Even if you don't like fighting on the frontline, or even if you don't like defending your kingdom's lands, there is still tons to do to contribute to your kingdom's future and those of your neighbours and friends and so on.

Things you do in Epic ripple much harder and further through the flow of Wurm time, you count much more and everything is so much more meaningful.

So if you need motivation, Epic is the place!

Epic, chaos and pvp is things I do not like because I do not enjoy losing things and fighting Is not my good side, I cannot protect myself when a battle comes so I rather decide to stay away from servers where pvp Is enabled

Start new again(with a char or a deed) its the only way to play it.

Start on Epic, Start alone in the forest, on coast, on a hill, in a villager or whatever

Epic, chaos and pvp is things I do not like because I do not enjoy losing things and fighting Is not my good side, I cannot protect myself when a battle comes so I rather decide to stay away from servers where pvp Is enabled

This is one of the massive misconceptions about Epic - I'm not sure about Chaos but on Epic, as long as you just go to a safe place etc, you will be completely fine. People seem to think that it's super-dangerous - it's not super-dangerous unless you make it that way for yourself. If you make it extra-safe for yourself, it will be extra-safe.

This is one of the massive misconceptions about Epic - I'm not sure about Chaos but on Epic, as long as you just go to a safe place etc, you will be completely fine. People seem to think that it's super-dangerous - it's not super-dangerous unless you make it that way for yourself. If you make it extra-safe for yourself, it will be extra-safe.

It's not a misconception, although it is arguably an exaggeration.  Even the safest place on a PvP server (within a large deed, such as a capital, etc.) carries the threat of you losing your items or work, even though the chance may be very, very low.  Some folks like that element, as they feel it adds a layer of meaning to their work, but others don't enjoy that concern.

I once played on a pvp server but as soon as I found my safe grassland I went looking for iron and was killed by someone with a deed nearby

I once played on a pvp server but as soon as I found my safe grassland I went looking for iron and was killed by someone with a deed nearby

You dont play pvp alone.. with all the kingdoms there, you just.. don't play it alone..

Personal goals is what keeps me going.

First to 90NS, then 99(100)

Every smithing skill to 50, then 70

Etc...

One of my ealry goals was to reach 90 weapon smithing. I did that, Then found myself beginning to find freedom gameplay becoming stale so moved to chaos/ wild. Now I have other goals like 90 skill in large metal shield, 95 mining and 70 in CaS, Wood cutting and blacksmithing. Its all about your own goals and playing how you want.

Freedom is painful to play - Epic is the only way.

So if you need motivation, Epic is the place!

haha have you never played on freedom?:P gosh there is sooooo much drama going on lol!

its your opinion to like epic more ;) in no way its "more wurm" its just another version...and I prefer freedom, because I can protect my creativity here, can meet people without having to worry about someone bashing in my head just because I looked "wrong"

I made the experience, doesnt matter the game, that Pvp brings out the worst in people, since some just LOVE to be assheads :P

I know this is a crazy idea, but hear me out. Wurm is a game. Games are meant to be enjoyable. If you're not currently enjoying a game, don't play it.

• Like 1

I completely lack motivation to play wurm because of work... I work hard at construction site all day and i don't like the feeling of being at another work while playing and making a house or something in wurm.  :(

• Like 1

It is gone from a fun thing you do quickly every three to five RL days, to a two stage Chore that double the amount of time it takes to Harvest a field.

People say They want to build roads, improve their village or go and explore the vast continent of Indy.

But the new Farming Chore means they can't go too far from home or they will only get 1 or 2 items from a Harvest.

Farming needs fixing.  It is really discouraging to the neubs and non prem to only get 1 item instead of the previous minimum of 2.

They can no longer feed themselves.

Food for thought.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Agreed