Sign in to follow this  
Skren

Player Disease Mechanic

The player disease mechanic needs to be reviewed (or removed, in my opinion).  The implementation is seriously broken currently, in that it's possible to become effectively permanently diseased, in spite of (or regardless of) isolation and micromanaging food/drink/nutrition for hours on end.

As for why I think it should be removed entirely, I think implementing something that actively penalizes players for being near other players in a multi-player game is self-defeating if not outright retarded.

Skren

• Like 4

i want a character ability to determine what ails a character,

and helpers of what would fix the disease. say like... Tea

Nature; for inquery on Which Disease a player has.

Natural Substances; for helper messages on what plant could fix a certain disease.

Botony; for hints on understanding of a natural substance

Alchemy; for chemically creating a medicinal herb into something a player can consume. (eat, apply, use)

Beverages: for how to make a medicine taste good, and not rejected due to medicine being unpalatable.

Example: Tea; tincture; consumables; edibles; ointments

Disease names: Cold; Flu; Maleria; Poison Oak; Rabies; no Typhoid tho.

Edited by Kamikazifly
  • Like 3

yeah, wurm's disease(s) are kinda weak.

Id like to have a very serious disease that needs rare botanized ingredients to be healed ;)

Maybe someone will open a doctor service? New stuff to Firstaiding.

Im sure in year 1033 many people had medical problems to be treated.

and yes. this is pretty awkward

I think implementing something that actively penalizes players for being near other players in a multi-player game is self-defeating

Can we take baths to cleanse ourselves? So that disease does not spread so rampant?

and yes. this is pretty awkward

Can we take baths to cleanse ourselves? So that disease does not spread so rampant?

maybe give use to the taste option on water...

2 years ago...
I had a 130pwr disease for 6-8 months. At 4 months, I tried everything everyone stated. It was impossible to shake. I swore I was bugged. So I just ignored it.

After 6-8 months, I finally got serious. I used every trick I could think of. I think I starved myself to 10% food, and ate the highest ql hot meal i could find. Then ate when my food was low 90s. "Food: 91%" And it was still hard to shake. It would drop from 130 to 120 when i ate, then back to 130 while I waited to eat again.

Edited by Kamikazifly

Witch doctors, witches, alchemists, physicians, doctors, surgeons, blood letters, leaches, priests, and healers.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but doesn't the disease mechanic do absolutely nothing to players?

And did no one try a simple Humid Drizzle cast to remove it?

• Like 1

Hrm correct me if I'm wrong; however, afaik disease on players has no impact on anything. At least on players.

The few times I do get sick longer than a few hours, I usually ignore it. Aside from the occasional smirk or chuckle from scratching at fleas.

EDIT: Hah! Maxthx beat me to it while I was almost finished typing. :P

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

As far as I know, it doesn't do anything. If it does something, it's probably an unnoticable effect that really doesn't deserve this much attention

high nutrition is sought after for it's 4% more xp gain.

why would we not care for 4% xp loss on sickness? (idk if there is xp loss)

Um I have played 7 at a time in an area around an altar and went through the disease thing quite a bit.....

All you have to do is eat right & drink and not all stand on the same tile.

Its pretty simple.

In other words isolate the sick one away from the well ones.....

If you have a disease for any length of time then you might need to consider how many players/animals you are standing around or perhaps you're character is a plague carrier.....lol :P

Edited by Protunia

Humid Drizzle does not work on humans.

Heal does though - and it's cheaper I think.

I was diseased for about 4 months on epic. the permanent disease bug does exist.

it only went away because rolf broke disease when he tweaked it when he put in the achievements and everyone got like 1000 'catch a cold' or w/e the achievement was every day until it was fixed(and diseases wiped out)

If you are permanently diseased, there's no hope for you.

• Like 1

I was diseased for about 4 months on epic. the permanent disease bug does exist.

it only went away because rolf broke disease when he tweaked it when he put in the achievements and everyone got like 1000 'catch a cold' or w/e the achievement was every day until it was fixed(and diseases wiped out)

If you are permanently diseased, there's no hope for you.

That is exactly how I saw it. Once the constant achievements of getting sick were fixed, most of it went away. But then sickness was given a boost to kill live stock who stood next to each other for less than a day.

When a new player gets a "Permanent" disease, it is impossible to shake. Only Veterans can get rid of sickness.

Using the Fo spell "Heal" on a player does cure you for a few minutes. But to rid yourself of the disease, you have to log out immediately after casted on, which is an exploit! It bypasses game mechanics.

I want a legitimate way to cure perma-disease. For non-pros.

• Like 1

As far as I know, it doesn't do anything. If it does something, it's probably an unnoticable effect that really doesn't deserve this much attention

If disease is a role-playing mechanic, then role-players should be helped.

Uh it has an effect. it freaks me out. The first time it happened I was like uh dammit back to the clinic! and also ppl dont want you around... ewww dood get away already

< scratches self >

• Like 1