Sign in to follow this  
junkkmann

No More Winter!

i know its a stupid suggestion, but i would like a server that has no winter.

i live in iowa and everytime i log in and snow is coming down and the wind is blowing, it hits too close to home for me.

spring and summer server forever!!! hehe

• Like 1

Why do you clog up the suggestions forum with things like this, lol.. 

like seriously though

• Like 1

Make season packs toggleable, seeing as they're only aesthetic, I'd love to have winter all year round :D

• Like 4

-1, I like the winter scenery.  It is 90 F outside today and seeing snow ingame helps me feel a little cooler.  Besides, animals show up much better on the white background than the green, so hunting/avoiding death is much easier.  And because of that I'll bet pvp toggling to winter at all times would be considered an exploit.

• Like 1

I like to think of Wurm Winter as Mushroom season.

I love the winter! Only time this crazy bright blood red lantern I've got actually looks pretty!

The variety of seasons is one of the things that I think makes Wurm special - I mean just look at those trees! What a persistent and beautiful world it is :)

• Like 1

-1, I like the winter scenery.  It is 90 F outside today and seeing snow ingame helps me feel a little cooler.  Besides, animals show up much better on the white background than the green, so hunting/avoiding death is much easier.  And because of that I'll bet pvp toggling to winter at all times would be considered an exploit.

I would like to go on record as blaming Vroom for when Rolf removes winter because he was enlightened suddenly to the PvP-breaking advantages of winter.  :)

Don't worry the seasons will change fairly soon.

Wurm time is 8x RL.

Make season packs toggleable, seeing as they're only aesthetic, I'd love to have winter all year round :D

Not completely aesthetic, there are no flowers during winter.

Some days ago I crashed badly, and on relog, it was autumn for me (while winter for everyone else).   I could see the tiles with flowers, but there was no options to pick up the flowers.   Once I relogged again and got winter back, there were no flowers around.

Some days ago I crashed badly, and on relog, it was autumn for me (while winter for everyone else).   I could see the tiles with flowers, but there was no options to pick up the flowers.   Once I relogged again and got winter back, there were no flowers around.

Odd.. I gather flowers during winter when I want/need them, just no graphic for them on snow tiles.  But if I get the "grass (X flower)" mouse-over, I can "pick" them. 

Odd.. I gather flowers during winter when I want/need them, just no graphic for them on snow tiles.  But if I get the "grass (X flower)" mouse-over, I can "pick" them. 

Very strange indeed, but I guess I was bugged from the start, because I had the autumn textures in winter, I could see flower tiles, but no option to pick flowers up.

Huh? The flowers are sticking above the snow and you can pick them using a sickle with no problems. You can also plant them.

[19:34:10] You start planting the bouquet of blue flowers.

[19:34:24] You start picking the flowers.

Very strange indeed, but I guess I was bugged from the start, because I had the autumn textures in winter, I could see flower tiles, but no option to pick flowers up.

Sounds like it.. I know on crashes it sometimes "defaults" tile textures, so probably what happened here...

'Course I get random weirdness at odd times, usually logging out long enough for my toon to leave the world (usually) fixes it.. but there are some odd bugs that seem to pop-up...