Sign in to follow this  
fatboy

Hey Rolf Yea You Look Here

Since your 60% price increase, things have slowed a lot, Sure its summer etc.   But have ya really been watching your game lately?    The Market ingame is almost dead everywhere. Nobody is spending anymore. Which leads me to beleave they aren't buying silver ethier. Since your 60% price increase  ya haven't done anything to give back to us for sticking it through with ya.   So hows about some sales  say 50-80% off the silver costs,  Something to get people to buy from ya again to spend ingame. Heck the traders are startin to go on strick cuz the kings penny pinchin! I think its time you re-evaluate how well *the population* has taken your 60% increase, cuz if that was cheaper you would be make more money atm, im just guessing here, I can tell your making less then ya did before the 60% increase. Schools starting, winters coming and guy whos wallet is gonna feel that  pain unless they change things, Not me :-P.         and my fellow Wurmians, who else here has noticed these trends =? I love to support the game, but we aren't getting many new players anymore, not enough buying or spending. Something needs to change cuz if it doesn't changes, your lookin at no economy ingame and traders not giving out in a few months   not to mention no one spending.  (also rolf, factor in those with 1 year subs, theres a bunch, how many of those do you really think will pay that again). Think about it 50 silver from your shop costs 101 usd. That is purely insane, 1 gold 202 or so usd + taxs for converting etc.  you def need to relook at your priceing and the games pop and figure something out the benefits you and all of us cuz 2 sleep powders ant cutting it.

• Like 12

I hadn't noticed any of this; trade seems brisk in silver and EUR priced items and player numbers are par for the course I think.  

I have noticed a decline in the quality of written English on the forum, but of course that has nothing to do with the price change.

• Like 14

Definitely agree about the market crashing in-game. Not many big spenders around like there used to be, mainly 1 or 2 items being purchased at a time here on inde in chat. Least while I'm online anyways

No problems like you are stating for me.  I'm still selling well on my merchant, and I see folks asking for items in chat every day.  Perhaps it is what you are selling that isn't in demand right now.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 2

No problems like you are stating for me.  I'm still selling well on my merchant, and I see folks asking for items in chat every day.  Perhaps it is what you are selling that isn't in demand right now.

I mean when I'm online I personally don't see as many requests for items in kchat as I used to before the price increase.

I noticed this, trying to sell my bricks for 2 weeks now :/

I'd agree that the market for bulk goods has gone down :P

I mean when I'm online I personally don't see as many requests for items in kchat as I used to before the price increase.

This is sort of what I was saying.  New subscriptions are down right now, and everyone playing has most of what they need.  Selling bricks is hard when everyone has pretty much built what they want, and few new players are coming in to feed that demand.  However, skiller tools, high ql tools, armors, and weapons are still selling well.  You have to adjust to the changes in the markets over time.  I used to sell a lot of ships, but haven't sold one in over a year.  So I adjusted to what folks were asking for.

Edited by Vroomfondel

I ordered 62s worth of bulk goods and items this month on Pristine/Release 

I order things all the time.  I still sell things as well.  Maybe its people being a little more picky on what they spend their money on due to the fact it is a little more valuable now.

If your bulk goods aren't selling at the old price of 10i/action, maybe it is time you lowered the prices a little.

1s for 1k dirt used to cost 1e to buy. Now that's 1.6e. Maybe if prices were dropped so 1k dirt was still worth 1e, people would be buying them more. Sure you'll need to make more to pay for your premium, but hey, prices went up 60%, so should the bulk good cost of it.

It used to be 10k dirt = 1 month premium from the token. With the price increase, it should really be 16k dirt = 1 month premium now, but people have kept the prices the same, effectively pushing up the price of dirt (in real terms).

Even if bulk item prices were dropped to say 7i/action, that would maybe ease things a little. That would make 1 month of premium cost roughly 14.3k dirt. That's only a 43% increase in cost for people paying with bulk goods for their premium, less than people paying real cash have to pay extra.

Prices for most other goods saw a decrease in value, so should bulk goods.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 2

it could be that bulks like bricks went down in deman because they were in much much higher deman because of the multi story update ;) since wurm is slow everything takes a little longer to slow down....not sure about other things though....I still believe this price increase wasnt neccessary at all and wasnt helpful for anyone too.....it should zero out or lower the income actually

Maybe, maybe not. I'd say it's SUMMER, ppl actually having a bit more of RL you know, taking a break from game, spending more time Out (i know i do and some other players i know)

As for spending, for an example, if at winter i spent good 1g a month, now its decreased only to 2g spent in last 4months, so during summer i spent only 50s/month. Sure silver price increase affected shopping a bit, but it differs for every player i guess. Not said that Everyone are spending less then they used to before price change. Sure ppl on low budget spend less, but ppl who got coin, will spend it no matter what :P

Summer, i tell ya, its to blame :P

And i  agree with Outlaws post.

Personally i find it "weird" (not to use offensive language) that pricing for everything havent really went down, as it Should had cause of silver price incr. New silver price should had "killed" item value, which it didnt, far as i know.

Edited by DonAngelo
  • Like 1

It's simple economics.  When things get more expensive, people do not spend as much or as often as we Americans know well from the last several years of our recession.

• Like 2

Whether people are spending more or not, or playing more or not, bulk good prices should not be 10i/action any more.

Silver is worth 60% more now, you should have to provide 60% more work to achieve that silver. What I proposed was only a 43% increase if each action was worth 7i from now on.

In real terms, you're making 17% more per action than you were before the price increase.

• Like 1

I blame it all on Pristine and Release being separate from the rest of the servers because all the newer players are going there, lol

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

1s for 1k items is not a huge price.  For the most part the players selling those items are newer players that can't do the high quality items.  I don't see why anyone would whine about 1s for something they didn't want to do or didn't have the time to do in the first place.

I blame it all on Pristine and Release being separate form the rest of the servers because all the newer players are going there, lol

You will know when it is hitting the bottom line - Rolf will release another server.  That's his injection mechanism for instant cash flow.

• Like 2

Used to buy prem for rosedragon from wurm shop before price increase, now I stick with referals mostly. But maybe it is not wurm fault, cause I have been unemployed for some time :P .

Well, it isn't that bad, but everything went down a bit.

I have noticed a decline in the quality of written English on the forum, but of course that has nothing to do with the price change.

That's the pain of public forums.

very hard to get ingame job this days,,,,   markets dont make much as before

bulk dont sell much, everyone willing to deliver even with no delivery costs....  no new ppls....  in starter towns no new names....    is kinda death....

Edited by RockyBalboa
  • Like 1

Market booming here....Keep having to stop accepting orders temporarily as delivery schedules are two weeks out constantly! I see no slowdown whatsoever...

• Like 2

those nitpicking about grammar and how people choose to write a post. Get a life, this is a games fourms not a job interview. I made this post to see everyones opinions rolfs included. I have noticed a decrease in things selling, those that haven't or have and choose not to say. You all wait till its fully dead to say anything, So why not try n find a way to curve this and increase people buying (yes im aware ya cant control people spending). But you can encourage it. no matter what anyone says that 60% increase is having a big effect ingame and in my opinion based on How I remember the economy   a year ago,  its dying and something needs done to help boost it, Hence the idea on rolf doing a sales promotion or mb even decrease premy/silver costs. Just something to help pump more money back ingame to encourage people to actually spend.....

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, August 16, 2013 - Trolling
Hidden by Kediec, August 16, 2013 - Trolling

Have you considered that perhaps people aren't purchasing your goods or services because you're a ######?

• Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, August 16, 2013 - Responding to Schiann troll attempt
Hidden by Kediec, August 16, 2013 - Responding to Schiann troll attempt

Wow, nice schiann, showing your age there :-P. actually I am selling stuff. im just saying  from a observers point there is very few sales these days . And from any1 I chat with all say silver/prem costs are too high.