Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

Effectiveness Of Large Saddle

Currently we have large saddles in the game that are intended for certain large creatures. This shows the devs intended it to be a feature. At this point it is merely a placeholder due to ineffectiveness. No mount competes with the speed of a horse o you will never see them in pvp.

I suggest they be changed fit more creatures. IIRC they only work on scorpions and not on other animals.

The should also receive a buff to speed since we dont have shoes to clod our other pets (silly I know but thats another thread)

In conclusion please allow large saddles to fit a larger variety of LARGE creatures as seemingly intended. (if not intended i am curious as to why only scorpions get them because it would seem logical a unicorn could be geared before a scorp...)

AND/OR

Buff the speed bonus of large saddles so that they can compete somewhat with that of a fully geared horse.

Carebear freedomers eat your heart out, this one is for you!

Riding around on a saddled champ scorpion in pvp, as fast as a regular horse? No thanks. -1 to that.

I do however believe they should fit on other animals, and that it should increase their speed. But the ability to place them on a scorpion should be removed if that's going to come into effect imo.

+/- 1 from me, some things need to be tweaked a bit, but idea is a good start.

Edited by whereami

Carebear freedomers eat your heart out, this one is for you!

Why was that line needed? I understand epic players have inflated ego's mixed with more than a tad of immaturity, but please stop trying to provoke people as it only serves to discredit your suggestions.

That's being said, I wold love to put a saddle that actually has a use other than aesthetics on my bear to get a reasonable speed out of him, so I will begrudgingly support this

+1 to making saddles give a speed boost to everything but horses.

• Like 1

Huh... wasn't aware the large saddle actually fit on anything. So scorpions... aye they really need a speed boost.

Even something extreme as x4, x5, or perhaps... dare I say it? ...x10 their regular speed!

They are that bloody slow.

I seriously doubt horses will need to feel threatened anytime soon.

Do they not fit on bears? Though I agree, having them more widely useful would be nice.

As far as scorpions go, it wouldn't be so bad. Scorps are slow as it is, and you can't give them horseshoes, so a horse with perhaps a good trait or two and reasonable gear should still be able to easily outrun a scorp.

Huh... wasn't aware the large saddle actually fit on anything. So scorpions... aye they really need a speed boost.

Even something extreme as x4, x5, or perhaps... dare I say it? ...x10 their regular speed!

They are that bloody slow.

I seriously doubt horses will need to feel threatened anytime soon.

havent tried scorpion, but i only found one creature where it fits and only 0.01% of Wurm Online players may ever had/have the chance to ride that...

so in general +1

Or just remove the silly large saddle altogether and make regular saddles fit on every mountable creature...

• Like 3

Or just remove the silly large saddle altogether and make regular saddles fit on every mountable creature...

Exactly.

Could say the same for horse shoes, the myth that draft animals such as oxen can't be shoed has been thouroughly debunked.

In general though it seems like the large saddle was a placeholder that never got developed.

It was my understanding the large saddle only fits on Dragons.

+1 to special armor for other animals, but -1 to making scoprs as fast as horses. We don't need another hell horse scenario.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

+1 to special armor for other animals, but -1 to making scoprs as fast as horses. We don't need another hell horse scenario.

...?

+1 to more alternative to horses, buff unicorns.

can compete somewhat {sic]