Sign in to follow this  
Jaori

Need Confirmation On The Following...

1. Does the decay rate on buildings on a perimeter increase?  Let's say you want to drop a deed in a place where there are abandoned buildings.. does dropping the deed, then expanding the perimeter to encompass the buildings increase their decay rate?

Reason I'm asking is because now that we can no longer bash buildings, same-kingdom, and catapults mechanics are kinda buggy... it's extremely hard to clear out a section of land you want to build on.

A follow-up post requesting some kind of "change" will come if the answer to the question above is no.

I personally wish this was changed to a dee setting, a toggle for decay rates in perimeter.. Some people do like to build or have buildings outside their deed land, and in the perimeter.. I.E Large farms/farmhouses, what have you. They shouldn't decay faster :/ Atleast have a toggle feature

I personally wish this was changed to a dee setting, a toggle for decay rates in perimeter.. Some people do like to build or have buildings outside their deed land, and in the perimeter.. I.E Large farms/farmhouses, what have you. They shouldn't decay faster :/ Atleast have a toggle feature

I think the increased decay only affects houses not owned by deed citizens/mayor

I think the increased decay only affects houses not owned by deed citizens/mayor

It effects them all equally, outside of the increased decay added if a player has not logged in.

I can answer this answer is yes and yes, and no. the no part is , if said owner of that building is active on the server, youll see very  very slow decay rates, However if they are not on that server and are inactive then youll see very fast rates. Also you cant fully perm a building, so say its a 3x3 then yes u can. But if its a 4x4 or bigger then no 1 section will be left out n on normal offdeed rates. I know this first hand recently of a building that was in my permeter, the owner sold me there writ and I since repaired the building, but it was 60ql-70ql and with in 1 month was at 60 dmgs on several walls. Each time they visited the server, the decay stoped for 3 days then did ticks every 3 days as long as they remained on the server. when they left the server after 3 days ticks was daily at 2-3 dmgs.     Also DO NOT  perm someones house to get rid of them, its not nice and youll anger a lot of people. Make all attempts you can to find that owner and work out  something with them to obtain the writ or mb even see if they want to be apart of your village.

It effects them all equally, outside of the increased decay added if a player has not logged in.

That would be a bug I believe if it is the case. Buildings of players who are part of the deed should not receive increased decay in the perimeter of said deed.

I can answer this answer is yes and yes, and no. the no part is , if said owner of that building is active on the server, you'll see very  very slow decay rates, However if they are not on that server and are inactive then youll see very fast rates.

Actually fatboy, it was changed a little while you were away, see above, even if they log in, they will have increased decay. Though the rest of what you say is true.

I've tried to find the patch notes about it, but this forum search function... >.<

Actually fatboy, it was changed a little while you were away, see above, even if they log in, they will have increased decay. Though the rest of what you say is true.

I can confirm that. We have a player who built a stone house half on the perimeter of the deed he is a member of and half on the perimeter of an allied deed. Even with the owner of the writ logging on every day, the damage is 2 damage on average on the walls inside the perimeter of his deed versus 14 damage on the walls inside the allied perimeter. It's pretty stupid it does that to the house owned by the member of your alliance really.

Edited by Serpentarius

And this is confirmed for Epic as well?

I assume it's the same, but as everyone can destroy everything on Epic anyway, it's more or less irrelevant isn't it?