Sign in to follow this  
jackbeau

26 Changes

After having played Wurm about 20 months and made 800,000 actions and all avail type of char,  here’s my 2 cents on the game or what I would change:

1-Char  life expectancy 36 months with 25% teachable trait to children.

2-Have PvP and PvE on same servers. Must join the Militia in a castle to do PvP. Train to be different type (archer, horseman, etc) PvP cannot attack regular players. PvP players would wear different clothes. Castle would require premium and 50k materials(brick, plank, mortar) and KOS everyone deed 50 x 50.

3-Gates that can stay open. To allow wild animals in.

4-Be able to resize your deed in any 4 direction.

5-Main triple paved road from north to south and east to west with some protected area along the way for clay, tar, endless low ql ore, etc on each server.

6-Seasons optional.

7-Be able to turn  flat rock tile to clay tile by Fo priest.

8-Make skill gain harder past 30 or 40 and every 10pts level even harder than last 10. Gain 0.01 per tick at level 20 but gain only 0.05 at level 30. Then ½ of that next 10 points.

9- Optional clock and calendar combined display below Stamina bar.

10-Make boat go faster based on boat QL.

11-Make cart speed faster based on cart QL.

12-Daily schedule15 mins downtime-Maintenance-upgrades.

13-Lock and key automatically named (001-999)during creation.

14-More uses for animal fur (sail, tent, horse blanket)

15-Have deed and writs in Token container vs carrying them.

16-Look out tower with view from top when standing in center.

17-Make different medecine required to treat different wounds or level of wounds.

18-Player ranking based on votes, start at 50. negative votes decrease your rating.

19-Remove rare items. Keep game simple.

20-Introduce 1 new item weekly and/or new uses for items.

21-Remove anything old and special, ie old Xmas gifts, scrap metal, spy glass, etc. Set them to decay in 30 days.

22-Remove Karma and achievement. Keep game simple.

23-Free Use of other form of chat (Teamspeak, Ventrillo, etc). Preventing macros and talking is better than typing.

24-Have perimeter from 1 vs 5.

25-Have affinity skill gain x5. Cannot have multiple. Would improve player trading and community playing

26- Have 1 dragon coded similar to templars. Nearly unkillable and walk thru stuff.  Dragon would lay anywhere on server 1 egg every 45 days and egg would hatch fs200 dragon in 30 days. Max 3 newborn per server.

Anyway, just my 2 cents based on 15 years of gaming.

No to almost all of the game mechanic changes you suggested.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 8

+1 to 13, 19 and 22. -1 to the rest. I don't understand 8, whats different than from how it works today?

Many of those were suggested before.

You wrote twice (or more) 'keep the game simple'. No offence, but it's stupid thought. Interesting features are always nice to see.

+1 to deed resizing, optional passable gates, clock display, cart/ship ql feature, lock naming, and more fur uses.

-1 to life expectancy (btw. wouldn't that be a killer when combined with harder skillgain?), writs not carried, medicine requirements, player ranking, removing rares and achievements, and forced 'new items every week'

The achievements don't need removed, they need reworked. Achievements would make me push harder for a goal. Sounds dumb, but it really helps me focus. (I'm sure a lot of the other players enjoy collecting them too)

Most of these suggests remove a lot of interesting features or are not needed to be changed.

The 3 tile wide road in NWSE directions...uhm, why? Everything in wurm is playermade...if you want this, get out there and make it!

Seasons..optional? What?

Player ranking system based on votes, I assume you mean some sort of "Fame" type system other games use... this would be abused to hell and back.

Make skill gain harder...you probably play on epic. It takes a very long time to get skills 90+ especially if you plan on doing more than just focusing 1 skill all the time.

Look out tower? We have these already...

Edited by Outlaw

26- Have 1 dragon coded similar to templars. Nearly unkillable and walk thru stuff.  Dragon would lay anywhere on server 1 egg every 45 days and egg would hatch fs200 dragon in 30 days. Max 3 newborn per server.

so u think templars are nearby unkillable??? not worth reading the rest

• Like 4

pfft I can spam kill Templars in cloth lmao. -1 too ALL cept the permeter, never knew why we had to have 5 when 1 is enough. Sounds like your burned out on the game or grew bored of the current mechanics. Ethier way everything you listen there leads to a empty mmo due griefing, and 1 side ruling all. Happens in all mmos. in Xsyon at launch was thousands of players ingame, with in 3 months of camped trieds, bugs, issues and well 1 side  literally griefed the other tille they quit the game entirely. Needless to say xsyon never recovered from that and has a tiny tiny pop and is barely getting by why the owner works hard to try and improve the game. Plenty of other games back this up, Mortal Online any1?  when f2p was added  tons joined and the pvpers hunted and kill most noobs till they stoped loging in and well a group of pvpers finally stood up to helpem. Ethier way, your idea will not work, all have the same recipe to lead wurm Online to be  Wurm Offline. So no offense, glad ya was here 20 months, Thankgod your not in charge cuz I honestly don't think ya learned much in 15 years of gaming :-P

make another 800.000 action and thing about it again xD

• Like 1

*Breaks out 50 Cal*

Ok lets do this.

1 - Absolutely not, nothing good can possibly come from this at all. With infuriate a ton of the player base, and is honestly just terrible for people that put hundreds of hours into crafting their accounts.

2 - Absolutely not, I didn't even have to read past the first few words(although I did), to figure that is a bad idea.

3 - Sure, why not.

4 - Already been suggested a multitude of times, I like it.

5 - No, there is no need to take the time to do this, it is already very easy to get a hold of any of that stuff.

6 - No reason to, enough said.

7 - I don't see why, clay if fairly abundant, pretty easy to get a hold of.

8 - Don't really get it, seems very much same as current system. Either way, don't need it.

9 - Sure.

10 - I'm on the fence with this one, leaning a little towards yes.

11 - Read #10.

12 - Eh, sounds ok, but may fume many players, and get many whining about getting SB.

13 - No, take the time to do by yourself please. More automated things is not what we need in the game.

14 - Been suggested before, I like it.

15 - No, I can only see a ton of issues, it is easier if the Mayor just has all the writs. Also, no one wants to have to go to the token all the time just to change their house settings, or the Mayor to change deed settings, there are some very large deeds out there.

16 - Don't really get what is so hard about creating a tall 1x1 building, can see a lot of other ideas and bug fixes resources could be put to.

17 - No, I don't want to have to carry around 20 different items with me and search through a fanny pack just to find the right one for one specific would I may have, when there could be another mob or enemy right around the corner.

18 - Don't see use in this, best to leave it be based on kills, no reason to change it.

19 - Wow on this one. No. Absolutely not, no reason to remove them at all. Keep it simple? Let us take out fighting, and replace with a /kill command, makes it much more simple. Or just remove all skills, and let you do anything and everything like Minecraft, makes it more simpler.

20 - A lot more bugs will sprout from that, and soon you will have 50 items that all can't be used, but of course can't be worked on since the Dev Team is always working on the next item.

21 - Obviously you are jealous that you don't have these items. Those people were around to support the game earlier then you, by one of those items, or don't. Just because it is harder for you to get one of those, doesn't mean they should be removed. Sorry, but that is a bit childish.

22 - That makes absolutely no sense at all. You aren't required to do any of the karma related things, or goal related, so why would you remove them? Then using the excuse to keep it simple is a very weak argument, with nothing to back it up that I can see.

23 - I don't understand your reasoning here. You can use Vent and TS already can you not?

24 - Nope, seems fine to me as it is.

25 - Makes no sense. Just go and acquire 5 affinities in one skills, and that is 50% bonus to skill learned. And 5x skill gain is a ridiculous amount to have.

26 - Horrible idea, one of the worst in this section. And I don't know if you have checked, but Templars are very easy to kill, so something as tough as a Templar will be a very easy monster to kill.

Overall I think that you need to review the game a bit. Nearly all of your ideas would not be accepted by the player base, and only serve to break the game. Several ideas also have no basis for needing a change, or like in the case of the special gifts, seem to spawn out of jealousy. Many of them too are already implemented, or are very uneeded. I would think that you need to go back and play Wurm for a bit longer, if you think that most of these ideas would be good for the game. 15 years of gaming experience I can respect, but you may need to go look back through some older games and play those instead of Wurm, if you wish for these ideas to bee in the game. I will also add that if you are boasting about having 20 months into the game, then maybe you should've realized what the community likes and dislikes strongly, which is many of your ideas, furthermore you should've seen what would be good or bad implemented to the game, as there have been both those added to the game over 20 months.

*Puts away 50 Cal*

3 - Sure, why not.

4 - Already been suggested a multitude of times, I like it.

9 - Sure.

Overall I think that you need to review the game a bit. Nearly all of your ideas would not be accepted by the player base, and only serve to break the game. Several ideas also have no basis for needing a change, or like in the case of the special gifts, seem to spawn out of jealousy. Many of them too are already implemented, or are very uneeded. I would think that you need to go back and play Wurm for a bit longer, if you think that most of these ideas would be good for the game. 15 years of gaming experience I can respect, but you may need to go look back through some older games and play those instead of Wurm, if you wish for these ideas to bee in the game. I will also add that if you are boasting about having 20 months into the game, then maybe you should've realized what the community likes and dislikes strongly, which is many of your ideas, furthermore you should've seen what would be good or bad implemented to the game, as there have been both those added to the game over 20 months.

Agree completely.  Nearly all of these suggestions are bad.  Only thing that I would change is make dragons spawn more often than a new server.  It was kind of disappointing to learn that they're all dead.  Not as often as nogumps and the like, but every few months maybe.  

All in all, don't fix what ain't broken.

I stopped reading after number one, I do not need to say anything more.

Edited by Becket
  • Like 1

Most of them are bad, so in general I'm gonna say -1

Personally I wouldn't mind a children mechanic... if it was used more along the lines of NPC companions. Although, having such as future chars isn't too bad either personally. Kinda akin to DnD Online's feature of rerolling an old char into a new one with some "reincarnated" bonuses.

Heh, it would introduce Player prostitution. I can foresee all kinds of fun with that one.

Pretty much everything else has been brought up before and eventually concluded to be either too problematic or just plain bad.

I dont want to be rude... but... make up your mind child. 

Rare / supreme / legendary items actually makes game more simple as they create better ql stuff (eg spindle) or deliver more damage (weapons) so 19 itself is inconsistent.

Remove items that makes game more intresting,  and easy to make game easy, and then add new items every week. Hilarious.

Moreover adding new items every week, at some point would start adding "rubbish" and useless stuff. Even now we have some things without use... spoons, pilers 

No to almost all of the game mechanic changes you suggested.

+1 to the ones you didnt say no too. Thanks for sharing.

After having played Wurm about 20 months and made 800,000 actions and all avail type of char,  here’s my 2 cents on the game or what I would change:

1-Char  life expectancy 36 months with 25% teachable trait to children.

No, i can´t think even a single good rason for this to be implemented, unless you are some kind of grind fan.

2-Have PvP and PvE on same servers. Must join the Militia in a castle to do PvP. Train to be different type (archer, horseman, etc) PvP cannot attack regular players. PvP players would wear different clothes. Castle would require premium and 50k materials(brick, plank, mortar) and KOS everyone deed 50 x 50.

No, you allready have the option to switch betwen Wild and the rest of the Freedom servers if you want to pvp with your actual Freedom char, or you can acces any of the pvp servers going to a portal.

3-Gates that can stay open. To allow wild animals in.

Sure

4-Be able to resize your deed in any 4 direction.

Asked so many times, probably one of the most wanted features.

5-Main triple paved road from north to south and east to west with some protected area along the way for clay, tar, endless low ql ore, etc on each server.

The main triple paved road can be a good thing, and you can gather the willing of your server population to plan and make it, resources are somewhat easily obtainable, and some of the ones you mention are allready endless.

6-Seasons optional.

Neutral.

7-Be able to turn  flat rock tile to clay tile by Fo priest.

No

8-Make skill gain harder past 30 or 40 and every 10pts level even harder than last 10. Gain 0.01 per tick at level 20 but gain only 0.05 at level 30. Then ½ of that next 10 points.

If is not brocken, don´t fix it.

9- Optional clock and calendar combined display below Stamina bar.

Sure, why not?

10-Make boat go faster based on boat QL.

+1

11-Make cart speed faster based on cart QL.

+1

12-Daily schedule15 mins downtime-Maintenance-upgrades.

+1

13-Lock and key automatically named (001-999)during creation.

+1

14-More uses for animal fur (sail, tent, horse blanket)

+1

15-Have deed and writs in Token container vs carrying them.

Neutral

16-Look out tower with view from top when standing in center.

Neutral

17-Make different medecine required to treat different wounds or level of wounds.

Sure

18-Player ranking based on votes, start at 50. negative votes decrease your rating.

Neutral

No

No, is better to make funtional all the ones we have now, andonly introduce new one wen needed or if they add some feature/depth to the game.

21-Remove anything old and special, ie old Xmas gifts, scrap metal, spy glass, etc. Set them to decay in 30 days.

Neutral

22-Remove Karma and achievement. Keep game simple.

No

23-Free Use of other form of chat (Teamspeak, Ventrillo, etc). Preventing macros and talking is better than typing.

Didn´t know you where forbiden to use it in the first place. or i ´m unable to understand your idea here.

24-Have perimeter from 1 vs 5.

Sure

25-Have affinity skill gain x5. Cannot have multiple. Would improve player trading and community playing

No, its fine as it is rigth now.

No, i´m ok with respawning uniques, but not in this enviroment you propose

Anyway, just my 2 cents based on 15 years of gaming.

as others already said, most of your suggestions are horrible and would leave Wurm Online to be a plain grind and hardly any game.

considering all those ideas you would have The Sims with dragons :/