Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Renaming Items - Moneysink

Refers not to using the rename option.

Instead it literally renames the item. An iron frying pan can become the iron Doom Pan.

Everything else from the original item is retained: type, material, ql, dmg, enchants, rarity, etc.

Intended offhand for Heirloom items and/or really unique player crafts; though, personally if you want to spend the coin, go nuts. At least within moderated limits.

Price: 50s?

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 3

50s is a bit, but I like this idea nonetheless.

I'd love to give weapons names that wont be changed by others. +1

5s (same as renaming a deed I think?) seems more reasonable, but it's a cool idea. 

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

+1!

idea of heirlooms seems sweet :)

Perhaps it maybe requires the item to be rare or supreme.  Seeing just normal iron frying pans renamed would be a bit of a bore.  

Perhaps it maybe requires the item to be rare or supreme.  Seeing just normal iron frying pans renamed would be a bit of a bore.  

Bit of a bore, but a moneysink nonetheless.

I would agree on a 5s price for this sort of thing. That would make it viable to name your prized enchanted sword or that Supreme fishing rod a friend gave you.

I don't think it would need to be reserved for rares+, as at 5s it is costly enough to put people off just renaming any old item they have, it would be for special items. Yet cheap enough that it isn't breaking the bank to rename a few items that have some special meaning.

Charge me to rename a item then it will have a default all it's life. Sorry negative 1.

It's great and all you'll want to come up with game funding idea's and all but when you'll add up all the crazy idea's which are free in other games out there you are trying to make a game that will cost more than any mmo title out there.

Just a warning If you only view the game wurm and don't keep up with other game titles out there there are a few on the rise that will hog tons of player's I'm more afraid of some mmo's coming out next year that will kill wurm cause they are starting to offer terraforming and construction which is what has keep wurm going to be honest.

Voxel based games are on the rise and if you don't know voxel you are behind in time. Voxel can do 100 times more than this java based terraforming game called wurm. 1 example would be 7 Days to Die new game on the rise Voxel based terraforming almost like minecraft and dayZ but 100 times better. another EQNEXT now Voxel based full destructible world and yes there is a flag based system like our tokens here where players will be able to claim land and build and all in the EQNEXT release and I'm not referring to the EQNEXT Landmark. There are others to just not going to list them all.

Got a idea to help make wurm more funded? make sure it want break it first.

+1, I'd rename my axe tear factory if it was cheap enough

Meh voxel has been bantered about for almost ten years now, and while EQ Next sounds all nice and full of gaming goodness, keep in mind one thing:

ITS NOT OUT YET!

Same exact hype and wishful thinking Ive seen over and over again. Xyson and Darkfall... Ring any bells? We haven't seen actual implemented features. Its only now approaching beta, and was considered vaporware for quite some time.

Ill grant you, I have high hopes for EQ Next myself; however, I've seen this song and dance too many times before.

Still I signed up for beta through my Planetside 2 account... call me an eternal-wishing fool :P