Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

A Pmk Server? Conquerable?

Some recent new map talk reminded me of a comment in another old thread regarding having new home maps for PMKs, and I thought at the time it would be interesting if such servers were conquerable by PMKs (Not the base kingdoms).

Course a conquerable server could be extended to more than just home servers; though, that may be going too far.

EDIT: placement wise... put the PMK homes in between the base home server and any wild servers?

EDIT EDIT:  At first I was stuck regarding how to handle player-built towers, then it occurred to me the towers can be the extra capture points an invader has to conquer, in addition to the capital(s). Naturally when a PMK disbands, its towers should revert.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

It would be interesting idea to try. Perhaps you'd need to defend some form of an Obilesk or Battle Camp from being conquered in order for you to keep control of the server?

• Like 1

So sort of like a server north of Elevation where only PMKs could have territory, with, as Xallo said, a single point that would have to be controlled in order to determine which PMK controlled that server?  Interesting. :)

could even let main kingdoms conquer it :D

Aye single point such as a capitol or have a range of em scattered about.

When a PMK naturally disbands, the home server will revert.

This sounds really cool (and once I get home from this vacation -- I have internet but the chromebook can't play Wurm -- I'm going to give coming back to Epic a shot) and would really help preserve that "go forth and conquer the wilds!" feel of opening day epic that I enjoyed so much. 

maybe decide of who owns the server depending on how big area the pmk has on ele

Sounds cool but do we have so many players for new Island?

Why conquer a new server when there are old servers still ready for conquering? Brb going out to conquer Inde. jk

+1

On a serious note I do like the idea of conquering a server.

Sounds cool but do we have so many players for new Island?

Rolf apparently thought so when he made Deliverance, Exodus, Pristine, Release, and the four Epic servers...   lol   

It would be interesting to have, but i doubt a pmk will ever get big enough to need its own home server, at least with epics current population.

I don't know who exactly from a pmk would live on such a server, possibly more light pvpers, who aren't necessarily going to want to move to a new server that they could get kicked off of at any time.

• Like 1

I wonder whether actually it would be better if some towers scattered around had to be captured. When you hold more than x% of the towers, your kingdom reigns (with some kind of resultant bonus). This would stop it from being all about defending one place (and everyone having to basically live there to do so) and more about battle lines, strategy etc.

Just my 2i as a currently non-combatant.

I think rather than a "home server" as such, it would be nice to simply have a server without the default kingdoms having any permanent, extraordinarily well-defended starter towns. That way, land could be genuinely conquered. One of my personal pet peeves with Elevation is that the default kingdoms are impossible to completely drive off the server, despite having their own home servers from which they could easily launch "comeback" attacks.

I figure one alternative and much easier solution could be to disband the three permanent starter deeds though and see what happens.

• Like 3

I wonder whether actually it would be better if some towers scattered around had to be captured. When you hold more than x% of the towers, your kingdom reigns (with some kind of resultant bonus). This would stop it from being all about defending one place (and everyone having to basically live there to do so) and more about battle lines, strategy etc.

Just my 2i as a currently non-combatant.

I'm not too familiar with the mechanics, but afaik there's already some kind of system that gives bonuses based on kingdom % on Elevation/Chaos?  I might be wrong, though...

I'm not too familiar with the mechanics, but afaik there's already some kind of system that gives bonuses based on kingdom % on Elevation/Chaos?  I might be wrong, though...

I thought so, but this could be a straight all-or-nothing threshold where (for example) the ruling kingdom are the only ones actually able to BUILD anything lol :P

I think rather than a "home server" as such, it would be nice to simply have a server without the default kingdoms having any permanent, extraordinarily well-defended starter towns. That way, land could be genuinely conquered. One of my personal pet peeves with Elevation is that the default kingdoms are impossible to completely drive off the server, despite having their own home servers from which they could easily launch "comeback" attacks.

I figure one alternative and much easier solution could be to disband the three permanent starter deeds though and see what happens.

Wossoo my friend, for once, smart stuffs came from your brain! ;)

I like this idea, and to add to it, standard kingdoms are pretty limited in where to set up, because of the starter deeds effectively tying them to a rough area.

Edit: 

A map to the north where only PMK's could deed would be quite good imo though, it would make them harder to just wipe out and a bit more permanant, which i assume they wer meant to be

Edited by Bart

-1 to a new server north of ele, based on the question, "what happens to the previous pmk players living on the server when a new pmk dominates it?"

However a huge +1 to removing the default kingdom starter deeds on ele and making a true FFA server, as it stands HotS will always be in the south/southeast parts of the map, just as MR will always be around the NW and JK the NE.

Taking the starter deeds away makes ele more malleable and areas can change hands more often based on deeds disbanding and giving up control of certain regions.

Also reduce the range of not being able to cap towers to any within 50 tiles of an enemy kingdom deed. The current range is ludicrous, not being able to cap towers at whitestone because of a JK deed well over 100 tiles away on a mountain gets my jimmies rustled. What is the current range anyway? 150 tiles?

• Like 2

No new server however turn the currently "Home Servers" into free for all servers. Conquering by towers or maybe even deeds should increase influence on a server and once your map % hits a certain limit you can control the map?

Few days anyway... i like where this thread is going

+1 but no new servers!