Sign in to follow this  
rosedragon

Riders Of The White Dragon (Fanart)

"Starting as enemies from different Kingdoms, Xallo and Alyeska know each other out of curiosity. A few hunts together later, their love has grown to the point to where nobody can stop it. Now, they ride the battlefield, together, as fighters of the Kingdom of Jenn Kellon."

xalloaly_FINAL.jpg

A drawing commission I did for Xallo and Alyeska. Initially the request was to draw them on theirs Independence deed but they changed theirs mind (before I draw anything). The whole thing has been challenging due to the amount of important things to include like oversized champion crocodile named Chompy, hellhorses, etc and so undergo many different thumbnail sketches or just being put aside for days if not weeks. Last iteration was trying to put my interpreptation of Kyara (fortress with ridge-like walls, corner towers shaped as dragons, and buildings that grow taller the nearer they into the center with centerpiece of a tower with big dragon statue on top)but decides to discard the idea due it grows distracting from the centerpiece.

This one final version start as photo-collages I throw together to see composition and get a proper humans anatomy (I'm very bad at drawing humans so I always need at least a sample to copy for this)before drawing on top of it. While most of the drawing is manually colored, a few textures are used here and there to give more depth and colors. Love how it turns out, this probably the current best artwork I have made. I hope it is ok to slap wurm online logo there...

Horses and riders model by Syccas Stock

WIP stuffs:

xalloaly_wip1.jpg

xalloaly_wip2.jpg

xalloaly_wip3.jpg

xalloaly_wip4.jpg

xalloaly_wip5.jpgxalloaly_wip6.jpgxalloaly_wip7.jpg

My other wurm artworks:

• Like 23

That's so awesome! Thanks a ton for doing this for us. :)

• Like 2

Should start a business where you draw in-game player avatars in dramatic and epic poses, slaying hundreds of beasts and stuff...  :D

• Like 2

Should start a business where you draw in-game player avatars in dramatic and epic poses, slaying hundreds of beasts and stuff...  :D

hahaha... I DO take commissions. I just don't feel like making the topic, have tons of people asking, then can't comply.

Afterall, bonegetter asks me a commission before Xallo/Aly gave me materials to work with but I still can't get his' to looks good so I hasn't do much about it.

• Like 1

This is disgraceful for our kingdom. Showing those two archering our brave, polite and honobrable warriors ( like me ) getting archered to the death is too much ! The next raid of Comm, will not be for the token. No no, this is going to be to kidnap Rosedragon for that painting and sent her in the MR Prison over at House of Mol Rehan for eternity !!

Edited by Issle
  • Like 1

This is disgraceful for our kingdom. Showing those two archering our brave, polite and honobrable warriors ( like me ) getting archered to the death is too much ! The next raid of Comm, will not be for the token. No no, this is going to be to kidnap Rosedragon for that painting and sent her in the MR Prison over at House of Mol Rehan for eternity !!

Uh oh......................................... o.o

But.. but.. but.. I might run out of inspiration and can't draw under pressure and bad prison treatments! D:

Great job, it's amazing.

I can only say 'moar in future please'. :)

If I wouldn't be so lazy I'd make something as well... but i am too lazy. :P

Edited xallo's head to match with his real life appearance instead in game one plus fix on the missing jaw.

Will try to keep 'em coming.. as long as my internet still ticking and I somehow stop slacking on doing work. Maybe. .make this into a work eh? :P

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

You should of included like in the distance a 2-3 MR running way with like a yellow exclimation mark(!) above their head, fleeing away.

Nice art though, wish Wurm looked like that - at least the bows.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 4

Hellhorses weren't in the game when they fell in love! :D <3 Looks nice though!

Thanks to Xallo and Alyeska for the generous surprise. I am speechless.... well at least I still able to wave properly :D .

wurm201308090831_zpsabe57284.jpg