Sign in to follow this  
Deth666

Stop Punishing People For Server Restarts

for those of us who log out to recover sleep bonus why do we get punished for a server restart.

can we please add a command for that or wait a bit(say 24 hours) so we can burn off what SB we had before we get "reimbursed" with nothing

i for one am tried of getting punished for playing the game the right way

Edit: or give something else for reimbursement

Edited by Deth666

Complaining about something free...hmm...

Just use up your SB as you get it or keep it below 3 hours saved up (if you like to save it), that way you'll never be full and won't "lose" this free reward.

[warning] There was an server crash and you will get free 5h sleepbonus in 24hours, enjoy your gaming.

thats what it should be ;)

• Like 2

That's a somewhat strange definition of "punishment"

Rolf would be well within his rights to give us absolutely no downtime compensation at all, it seems audacious to make demands regarding its implementation.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson
  • Like 4

Even with 24 hours notice, some people would still "be punished". It seems to be fine as it is.

That's a somewhat strange definition of "punishment"

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth is what I say. Rolf would be well within his rights to give us absolutely no downtime compensation at all.

This would be true for a free game, not so much when you pay for the game time..especially when that game time has somewhat recently been bumped up in price. Last time I heard, gifts aren't part of something you've already paid for.  As for the 24hr notice, at least you know something would be coming so you'd be more inclined to use up your SB and it's your own fault then if you don't.

And another one of those topic yay yay yay

Everyone clap your hands

clap clap clap

yay yay yay

everyone clay your hands

clap clap clap

IT IS NOT A PUNISHMENT

THERE NO RULE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET ANYTHING FOR A CRASH

EVERYTHING IS A BONUS

SOMETHING YOU GET FOR FREE IS NOT A PUNISHMENT, IF YOU HAD SB, YOU DONT GET THE BONUS, NOT GETTING A BONUS IS NOT A PUNISHMENT.

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 7

Complaining about something free...hmm...

Just use up your SB as you get it or keep it below 3 hours saved up (if you like to save it), that way you'll never be full and won't "lose" this free reward.

i was at 3 hours and logged out last night so i could grind in the morning woke up to........server down, thats called getting screwed for trying to play the right way

and yes with a 24 hours warning if you don't use it thats on you

IT IS NOT A PUNISHMENT

EVERYTHING IS A BONUS

and yes it's not a punishment but it's not a bonus ether

Edited by Deth666

So, you're complaining that you got 2 hours free SB?

"Trying to play the right way" There is no right way.

Edited by Outlaw

So, you're complaining that you got 2 hours free SB?

read that again i would have had around 4 hours

This would be true for a free game, not so much when you pay for the game time..especially when that game time has somewhat recently been bumped up in price. Last time I heard, gifts aren't part of something you've already paid for.  As for the 24hr notice, at least you know something would be coming so you'd be more inclined to use up your SB and it's your own fault then if you don't.

All paid online services including banking, CRM, online trading and game servers, have a certain amount of projected annual downtime and I don't know of many such service that regularly offers reimbursement for that as an explicit part of the deal?

That said, I don't hate the idea, I just find it strange to see so many people taking a bonus for granted.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

What are you even complaining about? I don't see how this is a punishment. Like, at all. It doesn't even fit in that definition. You feel punished because you don't get warned about a free bonus? What?

read that again i would have had around 4 hours

Correct me if I'm wrong, but sleeping gives free SB too.

No Suntzu, that's tradeable and would flood the game with the stuff.

All paid online services including banking, CRM, online trading and game servers, have a certain amount of projected annual downtime and I don't know of many such service that regularly offers reimbursement for that as an explicit part of the deal?

That said, I don't hate the idea, I just find it strange to see so many people taking a bonus for granted.

I agree that they all have a certain amount of projected annual downtime but a lot of that is scheduled if I'm not mistaken. Things that interrupt service unexpectedly (at least for online games) are usually reimbursed in some form or another from my past experience, not because they necessarily have to, but to keep the general population happy.

The extra sleep bonus in this situation is one such form of reimbursement but if you're not on constantly to burn it off you kind've lose that reimbursement. The 24hr notice idea would be ideal for this scenario since it informs the players of the upcoming compensation should they choose to take advantage of it.

Some times you get the full 5 hours bonus, sometimes you don't. It evens itself out over time. No need to feel like you are missing out.

So you are logged out, what does the server downtime have to do with you? Or, you logged out to get Sb, and the crash happens, again, how does it affect you? I feel like I'm missing something here :/

Edited by Shrimpiie

We once got 10 hours of sleep bonus. Should be a reserve 5 hours that is added that you can use after yours is gone. That 10 hours was niiiice, That proves the code is there, they should just make it oyu can get up to 5 hours built up in a bed and the only way you can go over is if you get the bonus time.

Edited by Suntzu
  • Like 1

Rolf is under no obligation that i know of to give sb.  We have come to look forward to it and rely on it a bit too much. After all,  it is not our right to get it.

An accidental server crash is planned for tonight at 12am.

• Like 4

I agree that they all have a certain amount of projected annual downtime but a lot of that is scheduled if I'm not mistaken. Things that interrupt service unexpectedly (at least for online games) are usually reimbursed in some form or another from my past experience, not because they necessarily have to, but to keep the general population happy.

The extra sleep bonus in this situation is one such form of reimbursement but if you're not on constantly to burn it off you kind've lose that reimbursement. The 24hr notice idea would be ideal for this scenario since it informs the players of the upcoming compensation should they choose to take advantage of it.

If there was a notice board ypou wouldn't have free sleep bonus compensation.

Move on, i know it sucks sometimes, but as someone said, sometimes you get the bonus, sometimes you don't.

Least, you got your own 5 hours sb garantee ;)

Cheers

Edited by Maedhros

I’m sorry if I don’t expect the game to fail and yes I don’t like being screwed for playing the game as it’s supposed to work, and for those few posts about that please come back when you’ve learned to read, ether remove the “bonus†or change the way it works

So you rather not having any bonus at all ( and to everyone ), just because you don't fully get it on you?

Dude...