Sign in to follow this  
silakka

Felled Trees

picking up felled trees is harder than chopping them down.

The reason why it's so hard is because of the size and the big size comes from the leaves, they start from the halfway of the tree, which block all your options.

Limit out the leaves from pick up option on the felled tree and just leave the tree part, a long stick.

Way easier to pick them up through other felled trees, when there are no leaves blocking..

now it's even a challange to jump back on your cart.

[or just allow us to pick them up from any spot, not only 1meter from the stump]

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

+1 the radius for picking up is tiny and needs expanding.

• Like 1

I really dislike this. I've even made a few threads asking for the old no-limb felled trees. How about an additional option to de-limb the tree? Or give us a graphical option to show the old no-limb trees.

At least now I know the pick-up point is right at the base of the tree next to the trunk.

The coolest change ever would be to let us cut down trees while embarked on cart and increase the pick up range to about 3 tiles.

+1 to pickup range increase to 1 tiles from anywhere on the model or 3 tiles from basse since the other thing might be harder to calculate

Edited by Elen

Don't think it would be realistic in both ways, so make it more practical than please,

+1

how do you dislike it and agree with it?

The way it currently is. You are correct in that its a annoying to pick-up felled trees. 

-1 pick it up near the stump? its not rocket science.

go chop down trees in a treefarm where every tree is planted next to eachother

it'll be rocket science.

Yeah I had a real hard time after cutting down 3-4 trees in an area. I couldn't click on anything else in a large area around them, but at the same time I struggled to pick them up to look underneath because I couldn't tell which direction their stumps were in :P

-1 to removing them. +1 to ''de-limb'' your felled tree and leave it as one huge long log looking like thing. When you de-limb it you get branches and maybe a sapling..?

+1 for changing the hitbox so it isn't so annoying. Maybe it could cover only the trunk and not the limbs.

Yes, the felled trees are somewhat too obtrusive, I dropped two or three in front of my cottage and had a hard time finding the door...