Sign in to follow this  
Elen

Help Me Design A Castle

Ok so I raised this building area for a castle up to 540 slope and now I need a bit of help with ideas for the actual layout. Looking for some designs !! The area is almost a full 9x9 cube. Carpentry limit is 99 I will hire somebody if needbe for the plan but I would like to keep it at 6-7 stories high.

veHdtND.jpg
Ignore the green tiles, they show some slopes. The grey tiles are the flat building area.

For reference, an approximation of the path going up.

79NJZcz.jpg

Edited by Elen

So i assume some of 9 and h are a slope and cant be used either? Also what is the carpentry skill limit for the building?

Edited by Kegan

you can get very cool ideas from here

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/71682-multi-story-house-pics/

Best is to see what kind of design you like the most.. parapets/ iron fences / wooden / arched wally

the 3D deed planner works real good for just tryin out different stuff.

Id suggest you to put all the consentration on the sides that are facing to water/desert, and less stuff to  ' no one will ever see this side '

something like this what Odynn made

http://i.imgur.com/wMZFx2F.jpg

would look real good on that high slope

And I suggest you to leave 1-3tiles walking space on the edge so people can enjoy the view ^^

Edited by silakka

So i assume some of 9 and h are a slope and cant be used either? Also what is the carpentry skill limit for the building?

All the grey is flat and buildable. No carp limit for plan but 6-7 stories is my goal for height.

Edited by Elen

So i guess the green path is flat too then?  Well i will give it a go later and see what i can come up with. 

So the tiles east and south of the green ones are the actual ramp, while the grey area is completely flat?

And does the ramp start from the top right, or the lower middle?

Xallo, on 06 Aug 2013 - 1:12 PM, said:

So the tiles east and south of the green ones are the actual ramp, while the grey area is completely flat?

And does the ramp start from the top right, or the lower middle?

The green shown there is actually the slope tiles from the path. I'm gonna edit that since I worded it badly. The path up would be pictured like this (probably still a bit off since I'm working from memory).

The grey area I measured and is all flat.

79NJZcz.jpg

Edited by Elen

Ok so first idea I did was horrible because it didn't have enough space inside for stuff. Here's my second attempt. It's 2 buildings, outer one is 56 carp requirement, inner is just 30. Outer building has stone brick floor for top level, while the inner building has a slate roof.

From high above (for structure):

IpswYa3.jpg

From the south-east corner of your diagram:

TY1o7Av.jpg

View of central tower from inside edge of outer building:

e9Y7C9D.jpg

Ideal of open space in outer building:

dlCEh1n.jpg

Edited by Wraithglow

Mmm we designing this castle for looks or actual defensive utility?

EDIT: In either situation, never put windows on the bottom floor.

Edited by Klaa

Hmmm now I know what you've been doing over there all this time. I hope you come up with something sweet.

Well i did not spend a lot of time polishing it up and making it more usable but here is what i come up with for you. Now after it was done it says it takes 103 carpentry but then i started it said 93 on the large building so you might have to tweak it some or it might be a bug with the tool because the base did not change so..idk 

b7T42hm.jpg

amHGunf.jpg

ixaJA6V.jpg

http://pastebin.com/zGJnCA3u

wow- kegan, you will design my next project!

Anyways, Elan if you are someone like me who is to lazy to make mortar, than just build the lowest floor with stone.

This looks quite good in wurm and has a medieval character since back then they were common back then.

As much as I'd like to submit a design I'm already working on my sanctuary/asylum and if I start designing right now I'll end up redesigning my tower again, and I already have a screwy spare wall plan I can't delete.

I've no idea what server you're on, but if you're on Indy gimme a yell and you can come see the place I'm building.

Chances are you aren't on Indy, or at the very least aren't interested, but good luck with your project nonetheless.

heres a castle'y lookin thing

south side, north side is the same

testCastlesthside.jpg

east side

testCastleeastside.jpg

interior ground floor

testCastleinteriorgroundfloor.jpg

Edited by scottfree

Well i did not spend a lot of time polishing it up and making it more usable but here is what i come up with for you. Now after it was done it says it takes 103 carpentry but then i started it said 93 on the large building so you might have to tweak it some or it might be a bug with the tool because the base did not change so..idk 

b7T42hm.jpg

amHGunf.jpg

ixaJA6V.jpg

http://pastebin.com/zGJnCA3u

Wow thats impressive !

Castle from most visible 'front'

MDJvzSt.jpg

Features open courtyard 

zwtVrsD.jpg

12 spacious 2x2 rooms

kimoIzI.jpg

Final overhead view

KynjaJ6.jpg

Castle design featuring spacious rooms, with an open airy courtyard.