Sign in to follow this  
Guest Docterchese

Skill Tick Bug?

Hey all,

Something that I've noticed increasingly while grinding skills is that sometimes, I get no skill ticks whatsoever, often for 30+ minutes of grinding. I then suddenly seem to get all the skill at once.

Most recent example: grinding normal fighting skill against horses. Didn't get a skill tick for well over half an hour, and then suddenly got hit by a load of skill:

[23:57:08] Normal fighting increased by 0.792 to 45.793

FYI 0.792 is a massive tick, I'm normally getting 0.01s at 45 skill.

It seems like either the client or the server is lagging in displaying skills. I seem to get it eventually, but it's weird and confusing when all of a sudden you stop gaining. Especially when you're in grind mode and are watching every tick like a hawk.

Worst case scenario, the server isn't actually giving you any ticks at all, but then maybe catches up randomly at one point. I wonder what happens if you log off in the middle of one of these "update voids"... do you not get any skill at all or does it show up again properly when you log back in?

I can recall seeing this problem for the last week or two, and have seen it on 2 different computers on differing accounts. I can definitely recall seeing the problem with normal fighting (as above,) large metal shield skill and channeling on my priest, there might be more.

Anyone else noticed this? Thanks!

Hmm, now I wonder why if that's the reason people don't seem to gain any sub-fighting skills while shield training.

Edited by Xallo

I get normal fighting ticks quite a bit, but then (in this case and I think a few other times) it just randomly stops. Was still gaining characteristics and base shield skill.

Edited by Docterchese

Hmm, now I wonder why if that's the reason people don't seem to gain any sub-fighting skills while shield training.

Doubt it, I was bored shield training the other day, got a whopping 3 ticks of 0.003 defensive over the course of several hours, literally about one per hour or so.

Bump for me still noticing this problem a lot with normal fighting. Skillgain just seems to stop in a really unnatural way.