Sign in to follow this  
rosedragon

Sparring Give Fs For Fs Below 20

Raising FS from 1 to 20 with training dummy is rather boring, so I'm thinking we can have another way to gain FS on low skill. How about:

Players below 20FS can gain FS from spar, regardless losing or winning, cause they are training with someone else than an immobile object. And maybe put a limit like you can only gain FS once from a single person per day if abuse is something being worried upon.

• Like 4

Training FS to 20 shouldn't be the cause for worry of abuse. The practice dolls could exist for the players that like to live the hermit lifestyle.

+1 from me

I don't even really see any problem with gaining the skill more than once a day to be honest so long as it is indeed capped at 20. Also, as long as it's only FS that's gained, no others.

It should however probably be a set amount over time, like a practice doll, not based on deaths or skill to the player your fighting, otherwise boosting from 1 to 20 from a 1 hit death to someone with 90 skill is a bit over the top ;)

• Like 1

Aye as long as it serves as an alternative to prac dummies.

+1

as long as there is a cap to player level difference, IE players must be within x levels of each other, thus no high levels fightin a lowbie for huge/fast gains. 

+1 Brilliant idea aslong as it caps at 20 like training doll's.

Yeah there's no reason sparring shouldn't be at least as good for skill gains as a training dummy.

Don't see any reason why not as long as its capped at 20 FS 

+1

-1, sorry.  To me it's just "too easy."  Yeah, you can do it by a training doll but it takes a longgg time, and really after 5fs it's just nearly useless. People should be encouraged to hunt now just because it's harder and your put in work to get results (though that I agree with), but also you get more gains to shield, weapon skill, etc.  

I lost count how many characters I've made, honestly 20s?  That's barely work, there's no need to make it easier.  

There's also slight room of abuse regarding death tabs, but that I won't bring up.  

Edited by Postes

I say make it 50 fs, really whats 50 fs, Id give every noob 50 fs if it meant more pvp.

-1, sorry.  To me it's just "too easy."  Yeah, you can do it by a training doll but it takes a longgg time, and really after 5fs it's just nearly useless. People should be encouraged to hunt now just because it's harder and your put in work to get results (though that I agree with), but also you get more gains to shield, weapon skill, etc.  

I lost count how many characters I've made, honestly 20s?  That's barely work, there's no need to make it easier.  

There's also slight room of abuse regarding death tabs, but that I won't bring up.  

Newbies with basic below 20ql gears can't go hunt with 5fs... even rats could wound em quiet much. Not in any intention to make getting 15-20 fs needed by a newb to be an easy job, I never mention how much gain from this spar ;) . What I am envision is alternative way for those who think hitting dummy is boring (it does!)and encourage more community feeling (like you being taught by a kung fu master or a seaasoned knight).

I like this suggestion. Give newbies an enjoyable way to get FS as well as "experience" with fighting another player. +1

Wouldn't practice dummies become useless? Why craft when I can make a sparring alt that can also scout, etc. Maybe the gains only exist if both are prem?

That being said, not a half bad idea.

I say make it 50 fs, really whats 50 fs, Id give every noob 50 fs if it meant more pvp.

It took a noob friend of mine 6days to get 50fs, which is no time at all.

Edited by Sklo:D

All the training dummies should be tossed into a pire, along with the makers, the original inventor and the coders.

• Like 1

Newbies with basic below 20ql gears can't go hunt with 5fs... even rats could wound em quiet much. Not in any intention to make getting 15-20 fs needed by a newb to be an easy job, I never mention how much gain from this spar ;) . What I am envision is alternative way for those who think hitting dummy is boring (it does!)and encourage more community feeling (like you being taught by a kung fu master or a seaasoned knight).

Not really true at all.  A horse is really the biggest thing needed to go hunting, you can go in, back out when low, heal, go back.  I literally have killed dogs, rats, lions just about naked and with a bad weapon on foot as a newbie.  Think it's been awhile since you made a new character.  

Edited by Postes

Not really true at all.  A horse is really the biggest thing needed to go hunting, you can go in, back out when low, heal, go back.  I literally have killed dogs, rats, lions just about naked and with a bad weapon on foot as a newbie.  Think it's been awhile since you made a new character.  

You are talking to someone who have made more than 25 characters :P . Well, ok, can kill, wounded so badly you have to stop quiet much between kills.. which then means training dummy is faster ;) . Seen a newb eaten by a single cave bug too :( .

I think all new characters on pvp servers should start with 50fs out of the gate.

Edited by Suntzu

+1 as long as the cap is around. Main reason I like this is because it encourages interaction between Wurmians by allowing them to help each other out in a very straight-forward way.

I'd like to see more interaction with other players encouraged and this is a great way to start. +1