Sign in to follow this  
Kristoff

Possible Cooking Changes

Hello,

The cooking system has a lot of potential and it interests many people but right now there's not really any point in making food besides Meals. The rest is merely vanity.

I would like for chefs and non-chefs alike to come together for suggestions and ideas on how to improve the cooking system as well as how to make food beneficial for other means than providing x-nutrition.

Obviously we don't need any skillgain and/or stat enhancement foods. I'm sure we can all agree on that. However, Cooking needs some appeal and variety to it in which it is worth making the other foods and adding new types of food. Personally I am having trouble coming up with such things and that is why i've turned to asking the community for their suggestions.

Many people like the current system and would speak against any change but that is understandable. Everyone's input is welcome.

Please feel free to suggest anything that you would feel beneficial to the cooking system even if to only make it more viable than just pumping out Meals. Thanks!

p.s. I've spend quite some time in search of an old Kelp-related thread in which many great cooking recipes were suggested but can't find it. I'm either blind or looking too hard =\ Also, my apologies if this belongs in the General forum, but it was my attempt to pool together suggestions in a place where they're meant :S

Edited by Kristoff

There's a soft wall at 70ql, above 70ql meals are difficult to make.

I propose adding spices as a farmable/gatherable resource, and certain combinations of spices raising the soft wall by certain ql, making it easier to get highql meals.

Also, add tomatos, so we can have tomato sauce, and preservation of such (ketchup, chutney, etc) which could be used to negate some meal decay damage on the go (allowing food taken on trips to last longer, by masking the decaying flavour)

Edited by Aetherwalker

the history of tomatos is too much for wurm(they only grow naturally in south america) weren't dicovered till the early 1500 iirc and when they did make it to europe they were believed to be posionous it took years before they were accepted(tho almost the same thing with corn)

and i got my head bit off for suggesting adding growable herbs to the game http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/71809-expanded-farming/ which has now been archived

There's a soft wall at 70ql, above 70ql meals are difficult to make.

What are you talking about?  Hard to make? i have 95 HFC, i use 92 QL frying pan, put 90+ QL meat and veggies in it and my meals turn out 90+ Ql at some 70-80% rate. Dont use 1ql ingredients or a pan if you want a good meal. Simple as that.

• Like 1

the history of tomatos is too much for wurm(they only grow naturally in south america) weren't dicovered till the early 1500 iirc and when they did make it to europe they were believed to be posionous it took years before they were accepted(tho almost the same thing with corn)

and i got my head bit off for suggesting adding growable herbs to the game http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/71809-expanded-farming/ which has now been archived

We also have ships that cover over 600 years of history, some much more advanced than the time we supposedly live in.  My point is that we do not have to follow history exactly on any plant or item, if they can advance the game and we mostly stay in our timeframe, then go for it.  And as to the old misconception that they were poisonous, remember that in Wurm we use belladonna as a spice.

Edited by Vroomfondel

We also have ships that cover over 600 years of history, some much more advanced than the time we supposedly live in.  My point is that we do not have to follow history exactly on any plant or item, if they can advance the game and we mostly stay in our timeframe, then go for it.  And as to the old misconception that they were poisonous, remember that in Wurm we use belladonna as a spice.

true like why is the cog and caravel in game and not the hulk(the ship that replaced the cog and was the predessor of the caravel)